B6 and unisom?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By redbirds

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 01:19 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I'm seriously contemplating trying this. The all day queasiness is killing me. I can't function and my house is an utter disaster.

I heard to try B6 and 1/2 a Unisom at night, and supposedly it helps even all day. My worst times are in the afternoon/evening and it kills me. I wonder if it will help this late in the day, because I can not take unisom during the day or I'd be a total zombie.

Anyone else try this?

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 14th, 2013, 01:34 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My OB suggested this to me at my appt. yesterday and wrote me a script for Zofran to fill "as a last resort". I was on Zofran with my daughter and it did nothing for me other than make me constipated so I won't even bother. I did try the B6 and Unisom last night and I've been feeling pretty decent all day (knock on wood). I took half of a 100mg B6 and a whole Unisom (sleep tabs not liquid gels or natural tabs). Time will tell if it's a coincidence that I'm feeling decent or if it's the B6 Unisom cocktail working its magic. I will say when I first took it I felt a bit "off" like maybe I would get sick from it but after sleeping all night I woke up feeling pretty good.

May 14th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Like just about everything else, B6 makes me sicker. But it's worth a try, I've heard it works for a lot of people.

May 14th, 2013, 03:07 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If the B6 makes you sicker, you should at least try the Unisom!

I take half a Unisom at night and it makes most of the day bearable. By dinnertime, things get rough again but I just don't really eat dinner and wait for my Unisom and go to sleep.

I am going to the Dr. tomorrow and will mention that I am taking this to see what she thinks.

May 14th, 2013, 04:22 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
A previous OB suggested this to me, and my RE suggested it to me just yesterday - She said 25mg of b6 ever 4to6 hours, and benadryl/unisom only before bed.

May 14th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My ob has been recommending this to me. I hear it works for alot of ladies, I tried it and it wasn't for me. I am seriously sensitive to sleepytime things. I took half unisom and b6. I should have prepared to sleep for 12 hrs. I woke up and threw up due to being so sleepy! Went back to bed for a little ate breakie and went back to sleep! After that though I didn't get nauseous until dinnertime! I hope it works for you!
May 14th, 2013, 05:17 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I took a whole Unisom, I woke up feeling absolutely awful. Half is good.

May 14th, 2013, 05:24 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Thanks, ladies. I don't know what else to try. Crackers aren't the answer and I can't eat anything with spice or flavor to it. Juice usually tastes wonderful, but 5 min. later, I'm regretting it.

Chicken soup sounds good. I was OK with ice cream, too (for some reason). I can eat eggs pretty well. AAAK. I can't wait until the m/s settles, even though it's not true "sickness" for me, just queasy, but it's ALL THE TIME.
anybodyinthere likes this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search