I need a hug

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 04:32 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I woke up today to find an unbelievable heartless message left on my facebook by my step sister. It listed all of the reasons why I should not have this baby, and why instead I should have an abortion.
It floored me, and I was beyond upset.... pretty much they think i'm a failure because I live in an old house, because I have a really old car with alot of kms on it that at one point had car troubles, and because I don't have a major savings. It was also listed that she doesnt feel like my SO will be a good BD because at ONE POINT IN TIME he was out of work for abit. she even went on to say she had an abortion at one point and it was NOTHING and that I could have one and then pretend I miscarried it.
WHAT????? I'm pro choice, but I would never EVER push anyone into abortion. I deleted her off my facebook, and i'm about to remove her phone number, i'm horrified!!

Later this week we are all supposed to get together for my brothers wedding, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable being in the same building as my apparently ever so loving family it's really upsetting because my brother is the only one whose shown excitement.
Blah, anyways Im beyond super stressed today to the point I'm worried I will miscarry.

I don't know, this is ridicolous. I don't even know what to say to my family, i almost want to write them off. I can't see bringing my child around anyone who never wanted her/him in the first place.

anyways sorry for the family drama...

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
May 14th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
it will get better and we are here for you. You're doing what you think is best. Do you think she's trying to cause trouble because she's jealous or insecure about her abortion? Don't let her unsolicited comments get you down and try to relax.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

May 14th, 2013, 05:01 PM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry, but what a b****. What a horrible thing to say to ANYONE much less a family member?! Obviously, ignore her. And I'm so sorry.
May 14th, 2013, 05:03 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow...she sounds like a real treat. im sorry you had to wake up to that babies don't care about cars, or houses or money - they care about love, stability, safety and food in their belly...dont let her make you feel like youre not worthy of being a momma..that's really horrible of her
bundle2baby and JaeSung like this.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 14th, 2013, 05:12 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would be livid. I'm really sorry she said that to you. And I wish I could take it back for you, I really do. That is one of THE most hurtful things you could say to a pregnant woman. A baby is a gift. And if you don't find it to be a gift, keep that to yourself. If she decided to have an abortion, that is her personal choice, and she can go ahead and do it. But it is not something to RECOMMEND to someone else. Especially if you don't know the person's situation.

May 14th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Super Mommy
That's horrible! That is none of her business whatsoever! I'm sorry you are dealing with that.

Mommy to five wonderfully crazy kids
DD10, DS8, DS7, DS5 and DD 18m
Expecting Baby #6 EDD 12/3/13
May 14th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's so awful! so sorry you have to deal with people like that. I would be so mad if any of my relatives would say such a thing. (((big hugs)))
May 14th, 2013, 05:47 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry she did that to you. What a horrible thing to say and do. You did the right thing by ignoring her. What an awful person.

May 14th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Super Mommy
Wow is all I can say... The nerve of ppl. Smh. I would've cursed her out and then deleted and blocked her.

May 14th, 2013, 06:26 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Rude, rude, unbelievably rude.

I really hope that if you want to go to your brother's wedding that you do. I would hate to let someone else keep me from supporting someone who supports my life. If your brother has been excited, or even at the very least supportive, then you should try to return the favor. I'm one of those people who would avoid her when I can, but hold my head high, go to the wedding and ignore her while there. I think it will be a sign to others that their hurtful words aren't that important to you. I would hate for you to later regret that you didn't go because of her lack of class and manners.

May 14th, 2013, 06:29 PM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
^ what CherryLimeade said. Please don't listen to her, sounds like she has some serious issues with her own life. Just focus on that lil baby and try not to stress out over stupid people.
bundle2baby and CherryLimeade like this.
May 14th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue

What a horrible attitude. Sorry you had to deal with that.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 14th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a hateful little witch
May 14th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by feythful View Post
I'm one of those people who would avoid her when I can, but hold my head high, go to the wedding and ignore her while there. I think it will be a sign to others that their hurtful words aren't that important to you.
One of the things I've learned from interactions like this with my own sister is the best revenge you can have is not letting their words seem like they hurt you or have any importance, and just go on and be happy with your own life.

I agree with what was said before, people say things like that because of their own insecurities and they want everyone else to be miserable too. So just be happy with your baby. You and your baby both deserve that happiness.

May 14th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Beautiful Life!
Wow. The ladies replies on here were spot on and much nicer than I would have said. When I first read this I wanted to go punch her for you. However, the bigger thing to do is just as the ladies said, hold your head up high and take care of you and that baby. That's all that matters at the moment.
CherryLimeade likes this.

May 14th, 2013, 10:05 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies for your sweet replies... you're right, i should just focus on me and my baby.

At the end I will go because I don't want to regret not being there for my brother, however I'm not sure i can convince my so to go, and hes really upset that he doesnt wanna go anymore. Anyways, he doesn't want to cause a fight, because he wants to respect my brother and his day. He just doesn't know if he can keep his mouth shut if they are going to continue to disrespect us. I don't know if I blame him, but I know him not being there will cause fuel to the fire and give them another reason to hate him.
I just need to not care what they think... I guess.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
May 14th, 2013, 11:01 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily26 View Post
I just need to not care what they think... I guess.
Bingo. Seems you're already getting the though process in line. Just tell them he wasn't feeling well and didn't feel like potentially passing it in case it's not food poisoning. If they want to assume differently, whatever. Show them that you're ready and excited to have this baby with or without their approval... Jerks.

May 15th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
It's amazing how people feel they have the right to inject your life with negativity... Especially when their lives are full of it. She sounds like an insanely controlling and jealous person who knows how to hurt people. Your so has a right to feel this way but the best thing to do is go to the wedding! Show her how strong you are as a couple and as a pregnant woman. Steer clear of her and if things get too tense, wish your brother the best and leave the bigger person... I'm so sorry

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
May 15th, 2013, 07:08 AM
LadybugBanana's Avatar Veteran
As awful as I might be, I would go and be so happy and bubbly about being pregnant... IMHO your SO should go, otherwise it might seem like he is ashamed or not upset over it.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do, you should NOT have to go through this at all The nerve of some people!!
May 15th, 2013, 10:18 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this. Please don't let it get you down. We are always here to listen!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search