I need to get a grip

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kara74

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 04:12 PM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am STILL anxious. About something going wrong. The latest because on Saturday I started feeling less sick. And instead of being HAPPY--I'm worried. So much so that I'm getting another u/s on Friday. Exactly 2 weeks after my last one. I'm telling myself no more after this unless at dr office. And hoping when I go Friday it isn't the same lady so I don't have to acknowledge how nuts I am.

It's like the older I get, the more worried and irrational I get. I haven't let myself plan or really THINK about the baby "just in case". And I had asked my parents and in-laws not to really tell the world, but then my aunt texted me Sunday to say congrats, yesterday my husbands cousin (???) texted me also. One of my closest friends keeps asking if she can say anything to so and so, and I say no. It's like it's spreading fast and I'm afraid I'm going to have to tell all these people bad news.

I always worried with other pregnancies in the beginning---but not this much! I know after I can feel the baby move (usually 16-17 weeks for me) I will feel a lot of relief. Until then--I'm loony.
May 14th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am with ya! I have been more freaked out this time than my others. For me I think its because I am not in my twenties anymore. Plus I have more knowledge of things that can go wrong. I would like to go back to how I was with my first, ignorant bliss,lol
May 14th, 2013, 05:15 PM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
I am the same way! This is my first baby though so everything is new and foreign to me and every ache,pain or funny feeling sends me off into anxiety land. I've got my second ultrasound tomorrow and I'm just ready to see that lil heartbeat.
May 14th, 2013, 05:20 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
add me to the neurotic club!

This is our last. And if things go sour, it is STILL our last pregnancy. I've got a clean track record, but I AM 40 and the statistics are so daunting, I freak out. Like, in 10 days, I have my blood draw but no doc visit, so what if we do the blood draw and have a mmc or something? What a sad day. I have to wait until beginning of June for our next appointment (happens to be NT scan), and I'm just praying that all's healthy until then.

I'm just freaked out. Good think we have a vacation between the blood draw and the NT scan or I'd be a basket case.

We haven't told anyone, either, and don't want to until we're completely out of this first tri, so around 14 weeks or so. Sigh.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 14th, 2013, 05:40 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I know it's easier said than done, but try to relax. I'll feel better once I get to the point where I can check in on the LO with a doppler.

May 15th, 2013, 07:20 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not that I want anyone else to feel anxious, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have a lot of reasons to feel fine with stuff, but I refuse to accept them!! I think I will feel better after Friday.

Feythful--do you have your own doppler? I have considered getting one.
May 15th, 2013, 07:46 AM
I'm freaking out as well! I'm a 41 year old first timer and I've been spotting for the last 6 days. I don't have cramps really, just a ton of pressure. But same thing... I all of a sudden 2 days ago didn't "feel" pregnant and I even took a home test just to be sure I still was with the spotting going on! We weren't trying, but also not using protection knowing this could happen, and with me being so old, I'm convinced this is my last good egg! So I'm extra crazy about it hitting the ejector button, or having problems! I'm just doing everything within my control and accepting that beyond that, there's nothing I can do. We go Friday for our first scan. I will feel so much better after that - if I can stay sane that long!
May 15th, 2013, 07:59 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was kinda that way with my last pregnancy because I had miscarried about 3 years before. This time around I'm super laid back. Not sure why and it's not that I don't care what happens, I just am not worried. I figure if something bad happens at this point there isn't much to be done to stop it so why worry?
bundle2baby likes this.

May 15th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I go back & forth on this. I was pretty relaxed until that weird discharge yesterday, but things are fine again today so.. I guess what will be will be, but I certainly can relate to those scary thoughts & for me Dr. Google doesn't help! This first trimester is a nail biter! Glad we've only got a few more weeks to go!

May 15th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
I am a disaster and even after seeing a gret heartbeat just 5 days ago I am convinced I'm doomed! I wish I could get the hb on my Doppler but its still too early

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
May 15th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm always anxious. And it doesn't get better ever, for me. It changes once the baby is born and I can LOOK at them and see they're okay. But...yeah, never goes away for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search