Discharge (TMI)

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Jodimarie
  • 1 Post By bundle2baby
  • 1 Post By mommamindy
  • 1 Post By lily26
  • 1 Post By mommy-of-one
  • 1 Post By Jcouture

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Trying not to worry, but first thing this morning when I went to the restroom I had quite a bit of pinkish/brown discharge when I wiped. I've been having brown discharge now for a few weeks on and off. No cramping or other symptoms and all the regular symptoms are still present (sore bbs, nausea, food aversions, bloating). My nausea does seem a bit better yesterday and today, but I'm not sure if I'm imagining it if that makes any sense. I haven't DTD with DH or had any tests (first appt in another week), so it's not from that. The discharge is still there tonight, but seems more brown again. Of coarse I Googled it and it appears to be somewhat common, but?? I don't want to go to the ER unless it's bright red blood or I'm cramping. Anyone else experience this?

May 14th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Brown means it is old blood. I would call your doc in the AM and see what they say. I wouldn't go to the ER unless it gets red if it were me.

May 14th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
I actually just had this this morning. It was pink and brown spotting also. I didnt do any heaving lifting, have sex or anything like that to cause it. So I did call my dr and went in for an ultrasound just to ease my mind and baby is perfectly fine with a heartrate of 153 The nurse told me it can happen because the cervix is so sensitive during pregnancy and if its light spotting with no cramps its usually fine
bundle2baby likes this.

May 14th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I'll be watching for any further symptoms and will be letting my doc know.
Jodimarie likes this.

May 14th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Beautiful Life!
Just wanted to say Good Luck!
bundle2baby likes this.

May 14th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You know, I just realized this would be around the time I would have gotten my period. I had my signature PMS head/neck/backache a few days ago, which I always get a couple days before my period. I wonder if it's possible to have phantom PMS/period symptoms in the first trimester??

May 14th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Super Mommy
I had some spotting early on. I had a small hemmorage and low progesterone. Seems to have resolved now. Good luck!

May 14th, 2013, 09:13 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I could see it being possible to have pms symptoms, because i've read that some women do tend to have crampy feelings and stuff around the time they should have had their period.
bundle2baby likes this.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
May 15th, 2013, 06:15 AM
mommy-of-one's Avatar Veteran
I hope it is getting better for you by now!!!

I had some orange/pink spotting in the last few weeks, but they were mainly after vaginal u/s Good luck!
bundle2baby likes this.

Thank you to Peimum for my AMAZING siggy!

May 15th, 2013, 07:20 AM
I am almost 8 weeks. Been spotting brown since last Thursday (weds. now). I called the Dr. on Friday and they basically said it could be from anything. She said if it got worse and/or red then to call, or if it didn't stop in a few days call. I'm the same way as you describe - no cramping really or anything else. Mine is also mostly when I wipe after bathroom. Since it didn't stop, I did call yesterday and we are going Friday for an ultrasound and check up. I keep trying not to worry because nearly every person I've talked to has said they had the brown spotting. Last evening I did have some pink in with it and over the weekend I actually had some tissue/clots in it, but not large. This morning a tiny more pink, but mainly dark brown. I'm trying not to stress because of the old blood theory, but it's hard not to!

I am resting as much as possible, feet up when possible, drinking lots of water, trying to eat although I am not hungry, and have said lots and lots of prayers! I know that this early on, there isn't much more that I can do. What's going to happen is going to happen, and if it's not the desired outcome, I know that it's because there was something developmentally wrong. Just having Faith and taking it as it comes! That said, I can't wait until Friday to confirm that things are ok in there!

Good luck to you!!!
bundle2baby likes this.
May 15th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the support ladies! It appears to be gone this morning, so I'm not going to worry about it. My theory is that my crazy body thought it was "that time of the month", hence the weird symptoms yesterday & PMS headache two days before that. I've still got all my normal preggo symptoms, including the bottomless pit of hunger. I'll be glad to see my doc at the end of the month. This first trimester is nerve wracking!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search