Ahhhh my dear Zofran

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ImVictorious
  • 1 Post By monkeymama2
  • 1 Post By Brittanie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Super Mommy
Why didnt I try this stuff before? I feel like my self again! I think I'll be able to clean and cook dinner tonight. I have been depressed and miserable coping with the excessive vomiting. Zofran is a lifesaver. The Unisom/b6 combo worked well but it quickly lost its mojo. I hope everyone is right about it slowing down 2nd trimester, because the first has been pure hell.

I did read that excessive morning sickness results in babies with higher IQ's. who knows. Lol this baby should be an absolute genius then. Lol.
bundle2baby likes this.

May 15th, 2013, 10:31 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I'm glad it works for you, and I hope it's not long before you don't need it at all. I just went out and got some unisom. I'm not vomiting, but I am queasy, from like noon all the way until bed time. I don't know how this is going to work, but I'll try it right before bed and hope it staves off the m/s a bit longer. I hate feeling queasy, but I can't imagine being really sick.

And if it's a sign of IQ, my kids wouldn't be int he top of their class at all I don't believe it for a sec, though... My mom was rock solid with me, no m/s at all, and I have a relatively high IQ. She was sick with my brother ALL THE TIME, and he's also really smart... I haven't seen any scientific research supporting or refuting the theory, but it's an interesting idea.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 15th, 2013, 11:03 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad it's working! It does help a lot. But I caution you---drink lots of water and increase your fiber!!! (Please)
Oriyan likes this.
May 15th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
And if it's a sign of IQ, my kids wouldn't be int he top of their class at all I don't believe it for a sec, though... My mom was rock solid with me, no m/s at all, and I have a relatively high IQ. She was sick with my brother ALL THE TIME, and he's also really smart... I haven't seen any scientific research supporting or refuting the theory, but it's an interesting idea.

LoL one of my friends said her midwife told her that. I guess as some consolation prize lol. My mom didnt have morning sickness with any of us, and I'm pretty darn smart.

@monkeymama
I read about that constipation. I popped a stool softener and drank a 32oz bottle of smart water. Went and got a watermelon as well (helps things move for me). I am already backed up so I really don't need to zofran exacerbating the situation. Then I'll have a whole other set of problems.

Last edited by ImVictorious; May 15th, 2013 at 11:42 AM.
May 15th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Zofran is like the all mighty drug of the 1st trimester.

It does back ya up though. Pretty immediately.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
May 15th, 2013, 02:39 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My doctor prescribed me Zofran today. I'm excited to try it...and will be picking up some Fiber One bars when I fill the Rx...

May 15th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I really really really really wish it did the same for me. It reduces my vomiting to only once or twice a day, so it is doing SOMETHING, but it doesn't touch my nausea at all. And it works the best of all of them. :/

May 15th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Without the Zofran I wouldn't be able to eat at all!
May 16th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Brittanie - You need a zofran pump. Zofran pumped through you all day.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
May 16th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriyan View Post
Brittanie - You need a zofran pump. Zofran pumped through you all day.
yeah...probably. With Allison my insurance nurse line called and offered to send someone in and give me one at 20 weeks. I was maintaining on oral meds okay by that point (just one day), and said basically "maybe if you'd offered it 10 or 12 weeks ago!" However, Matt's work changed insurance companies since then, and I feel like they're not covering as much, and I'd rather not fight for one, if that makes sense. I'm kind of feeling like I'm doing okay right now. I didn't throw up at all yesterday!
Oriyan likes this.

May 16th, 2013, 08:19 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm getting to the point of breaking down and getting my prescription for Zofran filled. It didn't do a whole lot for me last time but I'm desperate and I figure it can't hurt. The Unisom/B6 cocktail worked for a day. One day. Ugh!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search