First Trimester... Feeling depressed

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Hello,
I am new to this board and still learning how to navigate maybe someone can move this thread to the correct place.
I am in my first trimester and feeling very emotional. I am crying, feeling depressed and sad. I am scared and worried. I am hoping to find support on this site. Is anyone else experiencing these overwhelming emotions?
My due date is December 16th 2013.
May 16th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Hi there and welcome! I am due 12/15 and I have also been very weepy and depressed on occasion. I honestly think this is all part of these wonderful (awful ) hormones. I don't get on here much, but there seem to be lots of sweet, supportive woman in this group! I will be praying for you and I hope the fog starts to clear soon!
May 16th, 2013, 03:27 PM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's kind of normal. It happened with my first, we got a puppy right when I was 10 weeks (picked and paid for before we knew I was pg), and I couldn't handle it. I cried everyday, I wanted to give him back, we made my in laws take him for a few weeks--I thought somehow I wasn't a dog person like I thought I was. In hindsight I realized pregnancy had made me a little nuts! I didn't know it at the time. Now I can recogniZe it and deal with it. It might be hard to manage but exercise does wonders for depression.
May 16th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
You know, a lot of focus gets placed on post-partum depression, but depression during pregnancy is also a very real thing (I don't know what they'd call it, gestational depression?) So if it becomes too overwhelming, it IS worth discussing with your care provider.

But a lot of it is also normal. Especially along with normal fatigue and sickness, it's easy to be depressed, and should get better as you go further along in the pregnancy, along with everything else.

And you got your thread in the right place, no worries there.

May 16th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi we are pretty close in Due dates. I am due the 17th (((hugs))) I think its pretty normal to feel a little down in the first tri. Hormones play a big part. For me when i am feeling so crummy, its hard not to feel depressed. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
May 16th, 2013, 06:44 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there and welcome! I've also been depressed lately but then I am prone to depression. The sick, exhausted feeling of early pregnancy makes me feel very helpless and worthless. Just this morning I cried all the way to work because I was feeling so bad. You are definitely not alone. (((Hugs)))

May 16th, 2013, 06:57 PM
aln030482's Avatar <3 Proud Mommy <3
Hello & welcome to the boards!! Everyone here is so wonderful & supportive that this has become my 'escape' from reality. As the other girls have said, what you are feeling is definitely one of the 'not so fun' joys of the first trimester. I strive for control & everything in order in my life, & I know personally that between being exhausted, the DH picking up a new longer work schedule, & the thought of another lil' one has me very flustered at times. There have been many many times that I've sat & cried for no apparant reason. There is light at the end of the tunnel though. As I'm nearing the end of my first trimester, EDD 12/2/13, I'm noticing that I'm not feeling AS overwhelmed as I was.... now the exhaustion, well that's a whole new thing. lol I hope everything works out & we're always here if you need someone to chat with or just vent, as I've done on occassion. Talking with the other girls really does help.

DH - 35, Me - 31
DD - Kira Rae - 3.29.00 - induced @ 41w 3d
DD - Kaila Rose - 9.8.01 - stalled labor, c-section @ 39w6d
DD - Kelly Rebecca - 1.14.03 - induced, VBAC @ 41w5d
DS - Kobe Rian - 8.12.04 (lost twin at 13w) - IUGR - stopped developing @ 34w, emergency c-section @ 37w
DD - Kurstin Rubi - 1.9.07 - unexplained pre-labor starting at 26 weeks, spontaneous labor @ 37w & repeat c-section
DD - Kyleen Ryli - 5.16.08 (lost twin at 8w3d) - preeclampsia - emergency c-section @ 34w6d
DS - Kory Reed - 3.1.10 - gestational diabetes - repeat c-section @ 39w2d
EDD 12.2.13 - Kole Reese - TEAM BLUE!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 16th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
As the other ladies have said, you're definitely not alone. I was feeling weepy today, as I woke up exhausted and then the nausea set in. In addition, I had a bit of spotting again today. Just when I thought I was feeling better yesterday, today seemed like a really LOOONG day. I think you will find this group to be very supportive as we go along this journey.

Tags
crying , depressed , emotional , first trimester

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search