maternity clothes??

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Super Mommy
When do you plan to go into maternity clothes? Are your regular clothes starting to get tight yet?
An Angel (Miscarried July 17, 2006)
Trinity(6)
Tatum(4)
Baby BOY!!!!(due Dec. 21, 2013)

May 17th, 2013, 08:50 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm really trying to hold out on the maternity wear but I feel like this week my regular jeans are starting to get snug. I plan on buying a few maxi dresses for the summer so I don't have to surrender to maternity jeans just yet. I've never been able to find any that fit right. They're usually too big in the belly area until about 6-7 months along so I find myself hiking them up all the time.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where I can find decent fitting maternity jeans? Ones that aren't just enormous in the belly or have a tighter elastic panel.

May 17th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Super Mommy
you might try the kind that have elastic on the sides and in the back but still button in the front....i found a nice pair of those this week at a consignement sale
An Angel (Miscarried July 17, 2006)
Trinity(6)
Tatum(4)
Baby BOY!!!!(due Dec. 21, 2013)

May 17th, 2013, 08:57 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hadn't thought of a consignment shop or thrift store, great suggestion! I don't want to be spending too much considering this will be my last. It BETTER be my last! LOL

May 17th, 2013, 09:47 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have also found several pairs of pants at an upscale consignment shop near my home. Name brand for a fraction of the cost and a lot of them still have the tags on them.

May 17th, 2013, 01:11 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I moved into maternity pants/shorts this week. Not the big panel kind, I'm not ready for that yet..plus those are too hot for summery weather...but the kind with the stretchy waist. My regular ones were getting too uncomfortable, and I can already feel my uterus above my pubic bone...so it was time. Twins make things happen faster.

I wish I looked OK in maxi dresses, cuz I'd live in those...but they just never look right on me.

May 17th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
already am. lol

May 17th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Regular
I'm already wearing black yoga pants to work because my black jeans are too tight And I bought 2 pairs of maternity shorts and a bunch of maternity shirts. Most of the shirts are a little too big right now but will fit in no time.
May 17th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not there yet, but since my appetite appears to be coming back slowly and all I'm craving is comfort food it's only a matter of time. I think I will be rockin the maxi dress a lot this summer. Last time around I got most of my maternity stuff at either Target or Marshall's. Resale stores are a great idea too. I may order a few cute things from this store:

Maternity Clothes For The Modern Mother - PinkBlush Maternity

May 17th, 2013, 04:31 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll hold out as long as I can but I am not going to last past twelve weeks I don't think. Most of my maternity clothes are spring/summer since I was due in Sept last time so I won't need much until the weather turns. I highly recommend getting a nice pair of maternity jeans. I bought mine from a consignment shop and one pair from ebay. Both are 7 for All Mankind and I wore them like crazy, they were so, so comfortable. I had two other pairs of cheaper jeans that I just hated every time I wore them. You get what you pay for.

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 17th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
I haven't ever worn maternity clothes, but I'm thinking they may be needed this time around. My jeans are snug, and my shirts make me look fat. I'll probably look into some more yoga type pants and tshirts (Plus, I'm trying to hide the pregnancy for awhile longer from certain people)...

May 17th, 2013, 07:04 PM
aln030482's Avatar <3 Proud Mommy <3
I've been out of my jeans since 6 weeks which is just awful considering that with most of my other pregnancies I could wear my jeans until at least the 9th or 10th week (& even longer with my first 3 pregnancies). I've been in stretch pants or the stretchy waist jeans since. I packed away the majority of my shirts the beginning of the 8th week because they were no longer covering my belly.

DH - 35, Me - 31
DD - Kira Rae - 3.29.00 - induced @ 41w 3d
DD - Kaila Rose - 9.8.01 - stalled labor, c-section @ 39w6d
DD - Kelly Rebecca - 1.14.03 - induced, VBAC @ 41w5d
DS - Kobe Rian - 8.12.04 (lost twin at 13w) - IUGR - stopped developing @ 34w, emergency c-section @ 37w
DD - Kurstin Rubi - 1.9.07 - unexplained pre-labor starting at 26 weeks, spontaneous labor @ 37w & repeat c-section
DD - Kyleen Ryli - 5.16.08 (lost twin at 8w3d) - preeclampsia - emergency c-section @ 34w6d
DS - Kory Reed - 3.1.10 - gestational diabetes - repeat c-section @ 39w2d
EDD 12.2.13 - Kole Reese - TEAM BLUE!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 18th, 2013, 03:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My regular pants are already snug even though I've only gained 1.5 lbs. We haven't announced the pregnancy yet so I am hoping to hold off for another 3 weeks. Funny thing, with my first I wasn't in maternity cloth until after 24 weeks.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
May 18th, 2013, 04:46 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They are getting tight, mostly I have one heck of a bump. I carry out front so I am showing even in t-shirts now. eek!
May 20th, 2013, 03:59 PM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
This is my first and I am 8 wks 1 day today. I'm actually going to shop at kohl's here tonight and look for some maternity pants and definitely some bras. This is the first time in my life I've ever gotten boobs...like real boobs. Except they hurt lol. I'm ok with moving into maternity stuff just not so ok with seeing someone who is smaller than me and they're like oh I'm 19 weeks and I'm thinking "hoooooow????"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search