Past C-Section mama's

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2013, 05:44 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone else whose had a c-section before experiencing pain as their uterus is stretching? I was telling my nurse about some strange pain I've been having and thats what she said it was. Is it going to be like this the whole time? I sneeze or cough or move weird sometimes and it hurts.
May 18th, 2013, 07:34 AM
aln030482's Avatar <3 Proud Mommy <3
I've had several previous c-sections & I can definitely relate to the pain you are having. The pain isn't constant, but I've noticed it on occassion especially when I move certain ways. For me it has continued throughout my entire pregnancies, but it became less noticeable when my hips started expanding & they hurt. Not to scare you in anyway, but just in case they haven't told you -- if the pain becomes really bothersome & doesn't go away, or is accompanied by any type of bleeding, makes sure you contact your doctor.

DH - 35, Me - 31
DD - Kira Rae - 3.29.00 - induced @ 41w 3d
DD - Kaila Rose - 9.8.01 - stalled labor, c-section @ 39w6d
DD - Kelly Rebecca - 1.14.03 - induced, VBAC @ 41w5d
DS - Kobe Rian - 8.12.04 (lost twin at 13w) - IUGR - stopped developing @ 34w, emergency c-section @ 37w
DD - Kurstin Rubi - 1.9.07 - unexplained pre-labor starting at 26 weeks, spontaneous labor @ 37w & repeat c-section
DD - Kyleen Ryli - 5.16.08 (lost twin at 8w3d) - preeclampsia - emergency c-section @ 34w6d
DS - Kory Reed - 3.1.10 - gestational diabetes - repeat c-section @ 39w2d
EDD 12.2.13 - Kole Reese - TEAM BLUE!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 18th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Veteran
i can relate yo your pain ... i get it once in awhile especially when i blow my nose .. ive had 2 c sections

i use to get this feeling too if i over exercised too ....

May 18th, 2013, 10:23 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aln030482 View Post
Not to scare you in anyway, but just in case they haven't told you -- if the pain becomes really bothersome & doesn't go away, or is accompanied by any type of bleeding, makes sure you contact your doctor.

They didn't say this, but I did get some reading about VBAC which talked about uterine rupture. My scar is beautiful on the outside, hopefully it is inside as well. I didn't get to have the down time after my surgery to really relax or recover.
May 18th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Just curious, how do you tell the difference between that and round ligament pain?

May 18th, 2013, 11:04 AM
aln030482's Avatar <3 Proud Mommy <3
I notice the pain right over the previous incision, almost like it's trying to open? It subsides if I rest, but it can be extremely painful at times.

DH - 35, Me - 31
DD - Kira Rae - 3.29.00 - induced @ 41w 3d
DD - Kaila Rose - 9.8.01 - stalled labor, c-section @ 39w6d
DD - Kelly Rebecca - 1.14.03 - induced, VBAC @ 41w5d
DS - Kobe Rian - 8.12.04 (lost twin at 13w) - IUGR - stopped developing @ 34w, emergency c-section @ 37w
DD - Kurstin Rubi - 1.9.07 - unexplained pre-labor starting at 26 weeks, spontaneous labor @ 37w & repeat c-section
DD - Kyleen Ryli - 5.16.08 (lost twin at 8w3d) - preeclampsia - emergency c-section @ 34w6d
DS - Kory Reed - 3.1.10 - gestational diabetes - repeat c-section @ 39w2d
EDD 12.2.13 - Kole Reese - TEAM BLUE!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 18th, 2013, 01:39 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I've had 2 c/s and for me it did die down after a little while. I don't remember it being a problem even once my second pregnancy reached the "moving around and donkey kicking me in the ribs and bladder" phase. I tend to lean forward when I sneeze or cough to reduce any twinges since I only really get them when I'm leaning back. I did almost curl in the fetal position when my toddler put her elbow right where the incision is to climb up on the couch with.

Brittanie, it's a unique pain and generally located right where the incision is.

May 18th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by feythful View Post
Brittanie, it's a unique pain and generally located right where the incision is.
I guess that makes sense. As if a pregnant woman needed one more pain to worry about! >_<

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search