Does anyone have a pool?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2013, 10:15 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My in laws have a pool, and are actually completely redoing it this summer (I wish I had $50k just to drop on a pool!) and they will be watching my kids 2 days a week while I take a couple of classes to pursue my education, and I sometimes feel they don't (read my MIL, my FIL isnt home much) watch my son closely enough, and I think they take my daughter's good behavior for granted. I'm ordering a pool alarm and I'm trying to decide between two different systems, so I was wondering if anyone had an alarm at all. I'm looking at Safety Turtle and the poolguard PGRM 2-in-1 in ground system. I'm leaning toward the safety turtle, because it has bracelets the kids wear, whereas the Poolguard is just a sensor system....anyway, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with any pool alarms

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 20th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Nope, no experience here. Sorry! I only have this one My Sunshine 6' Snap-Set Pool - Walmart.com

May 20th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Kivett12's Avatar Veteran
We have an above groung pool and this is the 1st year that DS is "mobile". I am somewhat terrified, since he has now figured out how to open our back door that leads to it. I truthfully didn't even know they had any type of alarm, but I will definitely be looking into that now!
I hope that your MIL is aware and capable of making sure your DS is safe around their pool. Hopefully, everything will turn out to be just fine and I'm sure that your kids will LOVE it!

1st Beta 5/29 = 65
2nd Beta 6/2 = 937
3rd Beta 6/9 = 14,211
1st U/S 6/18 = HB 124 (YAY)
May 20th, 2013, 10:45 AM
theyve had a pool as long as my husband has been alive, but she is super into gardening now and sometimes i worry my kids will wander off while she is gardening.

im probably a little paranoid because one of my very best friends in high school was babysitting her 3 year old brother one day the summer before my Jr. year and he asked her if they could go swimming, she said yes (in their neighbors pool) and she went downstairs to get her suit on, came upstairs, couldnt find her brother, went outside and noticed he'd opened the neighbors gate with a rake..slipped on the deck, and ended up drowning. i have been haunted by the image of that sweet little boy's funeral since i was 15 and i look at my 3 year old child and i can't even try to put myself in his parents' shoes.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
May 20th, 2013, 11:46 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a pool. We have an alarm on our back door and the pool fence company came out to give an estimate this morning. DH stayed home to deal with all of that.

We should have fenced off the pool last year before DS was mobile, but...

May 21st, 2013, 11:01 AM
their pool is fenced off, but my kids can easily open the gate. they decided yesterday they're going to build a brand new one, so im not sure what they'll do with the fence, but hunter is probably 90% monkey and can climb just about anything, so i will definitely feel better with the alarm in place...its such a peace of mind..they live on 20 acres, with another 400 acres of their farm attached

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
May 21st, 2013, 01:09 PM
emilybobemily's Avatar Regular
I almost drown in a pool while my mom a friend and my brother were there when I was 4. Any safety measures you can take I would do! it only takes a second for something devastating to happen.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search