BTDT Mommies: What's your favorite age? (so far)

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Brittanie
  • 1 Post By redbirds
  • 1 Post By Papasgirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Whenever I get asked this question, I like to answer "whatever age they are right now." It's mostly true, I try to live every day right now and not get too caught up in what they used to be like or what they will be like. However, I do have a favorite age, when it really comes down to it (so far. My oldest will be 6 in 2 1/2 weeks [[O.M.G!!!]], so I don't have experience with anything older than that. ).

I *love* around 9 months. They're old enough so that they're not so floppy...they can sit and such. They're really starting to show personality, and they're not really all that mobile (maybe crawling, but usually not climbing/walking). And they are SO FREAKING CUTE at that age! lol

Anyone else have a favorite age?
lily26 likes this.

May 20th, 2013, 12:44 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would have to agree with you. Brittanie. I love when they're not too new but not yet super mobile. I'm not really into newborns so much. I also love when they're about 2.5 yrs old and talking and a little more independent but still little and cute.

May 20th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Regular
from 13 mos to 6 yrs old is my favorite age
May 20th, 2013, 01:15 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like the age he is right now (16 months) because he sleeps through the night 5 nights out of 7 on average, he learns new things really quickly and he has developed a big sense of humor.

May 20th, 2013, 01:23 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
I have loved every step of the way. Every age has some challenges but every age has some awesomeness along with it too! My DS has always been a complete joy which is why I always wanted more.

I hope with Twins I'll be able to enjoy them as much as I did DS (14.5 years old now).
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
May 20th, 2013, 01:23 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Oohh.... that is so hard! I love all the ages! My DD is 5.5, and that is awesome because she's a huge help and she's still sweet and innocent, and loves to learn and be a big sister. My DS is 2.5 and he's getting into everything but still as sweet and loving as can be. He's just so fun to be with! MY DD2 is 1 and that's fun because she just learned to walk and is excited about being able to do something new every day!

I also LOVE the new stage when they just cuddle and you are their ENTIRE world. The smell of a newborn just melts my heart. They are SOOO tiny! I don't miss the sleeplessness or such, but it's so fleeting They grow so fast!
CherryLimeade likes this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 20th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I don't have too much experience (my oldest is 3.5), but I would say I love around the 1 year mark which is a nice mix between baby and toddler, and usually sttn at that point. I also love 3. I hear lots of people say that is a really tough age, but at least for my son, the 'terrible twos' held true and now he is such a joy at 3.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
May 21st, 2013, 08:50 AM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
About a month ago was my favorite so far, at 10 months lol.

This month my son has been a nightmare. He just learned how to climb.. He's freakin' fearless. He climbs out of the crib, onto the couch, on boxes - falls off our bed purposefully, falls off the couch.. He can't even walk yet!

He's also begun experimenting with his voice when he cries, which results in some ungodly noises - usually screeches. Fun times.

May 21st, 2013, 09:52 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a love-hate relationship with 3. My daughter is almost 4, and 3 has been a heck of a year. I love that she is old enough to be in activities, old enough to entertain herself and definitely to help out around the house and help with her brother

im really not a fan of the age 4-12m. I think they are whiney because their minds are so far ahead of their bodies...that's how both of my kids were anyway. I love newborn-3m also...lots of sweet snuggles and cuddles.

2 was fun, too...and im enjoying it with Hunter all over again...I pretty much just dont like 4-12m

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 21st, 2013, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I like all ages(mostly) I can say that when both of my kids were three they expressed major independance to everything and that drove me a little crazy, but they are also so much fun to do things with at this age
May 21st, 2013, 08:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to agree with around the 9-10 month age. They're mobile but still trying to figure everything out. That's about the time Sydney's personality really started showing too.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

May 22nd, 2013, 05:11 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
My kids are a broad spectrum of ages and watching them go through stages and learn new things is awesome. Watching them become almost adults is amazing and such a joy, HOWEVER, if I have to pick a favorite age, its definitely newborn. There is nothing like it in this world. It is such an amazing time to watch this new life develop and to hold that new baby so close and warm, with total dependence on you. I love holding them up and watching their little feet curl up.... oh man i am so glad I am having a baby !!!
ChicaChels likes this.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
May 22nd, 2013, 05:23 AM
Kivett12's Avatar Veteran
I only have one DS to go by and he just turned 2 in March. So far 2 has been whiny, and dramatic. I am not liking 2 very much right now. He wants to be sooo independent, which is good, but he has gotten to where he does not listen to ANYTHING!! I really liked the 6-12m stage. My DS didn't start walking until about 15 mos, but he could do just about anything anyone else could, he would just do it crawling.

I have to say that I miss the newborn stage too. I feel like being a 1st time mom last time and trying to figure out breastfeeding, getting next to no sleep, and everything else about not knowing what to do as a new mom, it was overwhelming. DS also had colic, so I feel like my 1st newborn experience was very difficult, but I still tried to relish in the sweet moments and can not wait to see what the new baby is like!

1st Beta 5/29 = 65
2nd Beta 6/2 = 937
3rd Beta 6/9 = 14,211
1st U/S 6/18 = HB 124 (YAY)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search