Cell-free fetal DNA test

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By redbirds

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Have any of you had blood drawn for the cell-free fetal DNA test? I had mine taken today to test for Downs and other chromosomal defects and am curious to hear if anyone else had taken one already and received results.

Apparently they will also be able to tell me the gender, which is a nice bonus and I didn't think that was possible at just 11 weeks.

Now I just have to wait 10 long days for the results!
May 20th, 2013, 08:29 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
There are a couple of posts on the board about this Which one did you get done? I go on on Friday for my MaterniT21 Plus test. I'll be 11 weeks.

I hope you get negative (wonderful) results and you don't have to wait too long.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 21st, 2013, 09:54 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
nope, they offer me the quad screening at 16w, which we do - not because it will determine if i terminate or not, but because i want to know everything i can about something that may show up...but they dont do gender with that

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 22nd, 2013, 05:59 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having the MaterniT21 done at 12 weeks.

For others who are having the MaterniT21 done, are you also doing the first screen/NT scan and later on the quad screen?

I was told that the MaterniT21 is sufficient and would basically take the place of the first screen, NT scan, and quad screen except for one of the components of the quad screen. I'm only having the MaterniT21 done this time. If that comes back positive, God forbid, I will opt for an amnio just to be sure.

May 22nd, 2013, 06:50 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Kara, my MFM facility doesn't do both the integrated quad screen and the M21+ test unless you got the integrated quad screen first and there was an issue with it and then followed up with the M21+... So... I'm getting the M21+ and foregoing the integrated quad screen, but I am getting the NT scan on the 4th of June.
kara74 likes this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 22nd, 2013, 07:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I go to the dr the 30 th so I will ask. I normally get the cvs at 11 weeks I would do that again, if I can not get the maternit21
June 17th, 2013, 04:30 AM
I read a lot about this test for paternity using cell free fetal DNA. I was thinking of doing it but then got put off because I didnt feel comfortable and everything seemed ok anyway with the scans . I found easyDNA offer this type of test easyDNA Ltd - Company Profile - Buyers' Guide - MRO Magazine but there seem to be many other labs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search