Feeling Guilty...

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2013, 03:47 PM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
I am feeling a lot of guilt and failure today. i feel like I'm not handling this pregnancy very well. My m/s has eased up a lot this week which has been WONDERFUL! but my emotions are overwhelming. Things that family and co-workers say makes me so mad. I had car trouble yesterday and was with my mom, we had to sit on the side of the road for half an hr in a hot car when it was like 85 outside. And when my dad showed up he asked my mom if she wanted to sit in the a/c in his car and never once asked me. I feel like screaming "don't mind me I'm just pregnant and it feels like I'm about to spontaneously combust!!"
Today I chose to have my hours cut back at work which will now push me into part time. I hate it, and I look at these women who are nurses and working way longer and more difficult shifts than me and I feel like such a wimp but I am so very stressed out every time I walk into that place and by the end of the shift my legs back and my stomach are killing me.
I just feel like a great big baby and my family is giving me this attitude of "you got yourself into this so suck it up and deal with it".
May 21st, 2013, 04:39 PM
strong mama <3
so sorry to hear you are having such a tough time... don't feel guilty, every pregnancy is different- its okay if things are harder for you than they seem to be for others. I'm pregnant with my third child right now and I feel so much worse than I ever did with the first two pregnancies. I felt great and always thought pregnancy was so easy and now this time around I can see why some women were so miserable! I can tell you things will get better just hang in there, 2nd trimester you should be feeling better, you should get more energy back, and can hopefully enjoy this special time in your life! Good luck and congrats!
May 22nd, 2013, 03:18 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
Don't feel guilty! This is all natural. I wanted to flip out on a coworker who told me I looked tired last week. Every pregnancy is different. This is my first and I was expecting to have a breezy, wonderful pregnancy - not so much. I'm nauseous more often than not and I'm exhausted. I'm only working 25 hours right now, but some days I wish I weren't working at all. Extra hours became available at my work, which never happens, and I felt so guilty that I didn't take them - but we all have to do what is right for us. Have you thought about seeing a therapist? I see one every other week and it has been so helpful. She has helped me put myself and my needs first, which is what you need to do when you're pregnant. If you can afford to work less hours and you'll be happier, more power to you. I still maintain there should be a maternity leave for the first trimester. Take care of you and your baby, and everything will work out. I hope your family becomes more supportive as time goes on, but you always have us! Good luck to you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search