Subchorionic Hematoma?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2013, 04:52 PM
strong mama <3
9 weeks pregnant right now (due christmas eve!) and today was already my 3rd sonogram- due to the subchorionic hematoma they found when I went for my 1st sonogram at 7 weeks. doctor doesn't seem too concerned- just said we have to keep an eye on it, but seemed confident that it wouldn't affect the baby - who is growing perfectly so far. Does anyone have this? or had it with a past pregnancy? I haven't been bleeding at all which is good.....
May 21st, 2013, 05:09 PM
Super Mommy
I've got a subchorionic hemorrage, I've only had a couple bleeds. One this past Sunday. Scared the hell out of me. My ob says it could be draining. They haven't checked mind but once. It's worrisome and I've had to stay off google because reading things can make it look bleak.

May 21st, 2013, 06:15 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I've never had one, but over nearly 7 years on JM, and 4 DDCs (this is my 4th anyhow), I've known hundreds of pregnant women. MANY of them have had SCHs and the vast majority of them had them clear up in the first trimester or early 2nd with no further complications. It's a good thing they're keeping an eye on it, more vigilantly than is normal I think. As long as it doesn't get bigger and isn't too close to the cervix, then you should be fine.

May 21st, 2013, 07:25 PM
strong mama <3
Thanks girls- my first two pregnancies were such smooth sailing, this is the first time I've had any troubles and it makes me nervous! Vikki my doctor did say that it draining is a possibility and to try not to freak out if I start bleeding- didn't want me to worry right away that it was a miscarriage. Said some women bleed for weeks and it doesn't affect the baby at all.
May 21st, 2013, 07:39 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have one this time, but only had one ultrasound to diagnose it - ive had to scans so far, but one was ordered by an ER doc the first time i started spotting..the 2nd time was our release of care appt from the RE and she diagnosed it...havent seen anyone since though I go on saturday, but i highly doubt my midwife orders a scan and thats fine by me

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 21st, 2013, 07:44 PM
strong mama <3
I thankfully don't have to go back until my normal 12 week visit...I think they did so many at first because they weren't sure exactly what it is....one sono tech said maybe vanishing twins then another one said it was the blood clot so finally today I saw the high risk doctor and he was able to give me a definite answer.
May 22nd, 2013, 04:57 AM
Super Mommy
I am currently on bed rest till 12weeks because of it. Last sunday night woke up with my underwear full of blood. Went to the er and they said that it was a modorate sch. Since then I've been on bed rest. I bled for about 4 days but it was mostly old blood (brown blood).since then I haven't had any bleeding. Ihave. Follow up appt with my ob next wednesda and then my 12 week ultrasound on the 4th. Praying that it goes away.

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
May 22nd, 2013, 05:02 AM
strong mama <3
I'll be praying for you too! For some reason both doctors I saw said that even with bed rest whatever is going to happen will happen- not because of something we do or lift. I am supposed to take it easy, but they said that even with bed rest, if the clot wants to come out it will regardless, which isn't always a bad thing. I'm hoping it goes away for all of us!
May 22nd, 2013, 05:13 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Just dropping in, wanted to share that i had a SCH with this pregnancy and constant bleeding (and several big bleed incidents) so i eventually had to be put on bedrest for 3 weeks, but it did clear up at 16 weeks...it helps if you avoid lifting and in my case i was on complete pelvic rest from 7wks -16wks. Try to take it easy and stay hydrated - the bleed may irritate your uterus more than normal, and if you do start bleeding dont panic (even if it's a lot) and let your Dr know right away so they can bring you in for a scan. Good luck to you, I hope it resolves quickly so you don't have to worry about it!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
May 22nd, 2013, 05:51 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
I have one right now too. It's between my twins and they just found it yesterday. I was told to rest and not do lifting or lots of walking. If it doesn't go away I'll be on bed rest like a few of the other ladies. Oh yea- also said no sex or orgasms.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
May 22nd, 2013, 06:47 AM
strong mama <3
Yes I am on pelvic rest too- which is super hard with a two year old running around! I'm trying to stay positive because my doctor seems positive but ofcourse like an idiot I googled it (knew it was a bad idea but couldn't help it!) and saw some horror stories that freaked me out. It helps to know I'm not alone, thanks ladies
May 22nd, 2013, 12:18 PM
Ms_jamie's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ms_jamie
I have one as well. My Doc has me coming in every two weeks for scans to see how it's going. She told me all of the same things, no sex, no lifting and not to panic if I see blood. None yet but boy is it scary to think it may come at any time.
I had one with my daughter as well that never healed and eventually led to a full placental abruption at 36 weeks. My daughter today is almost 3 y.o and is a healthy, rambunctious toddler who is full of life and energy. As long as they keep a close eye on it, I wouldn't panic too much. <<hugs>>

Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com
May 22nd, 2013, 12:35 PM
strong mama <3
[QUOTE=Ms_jamie;27385957 None yet but boy is it scary to think it may come at any time.
>[/QUOTE]

You are so right....I'm happy there is no bleeding but at the same time I freak out every time I go to the bathroom to pee! (which we all know is a lot) Every day I worry that the bleeding is going to start.

I'm so sorry that happened to you with your daughter, I'm glad she is doing well! I've seen stories of people going into labor at like 20 25 weeks, its scary to think I'll have to worry about this and think about its presences the whole pregnancy. What was it like when your placenta abrupted? (if you don't mind me asking)
May 22nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
Super Mommy
I have/had one too. I never had any bleeding. At my last US he couldn't see it but his machine isn't the greatest either. I see MFM tomorrow for my NT scan, so I'll know for sure. I had one with my last PG too that absorbed with no bleeding. The only difference with that pregnancy is my water broke on its own at 37w6d. My previous 4 were all induced labors at 39+ weeks. I have read that it can weaken your amniotic sack so it makes me wonder if that's why but its a mystery.

Mommy to five wonderfully crazy kids
DD10, DS8, DS7, DS5 and DD 18m
Expecting Baby #6 EDD 12/3/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search