Bumps - hiding out or letting it all hang out?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So my belly is starting to stick out some but a bit high so I know it's most likely bloat not baby although my lower belly is poking out some, too. Currently, I'm camouflaging with bigger shirts but I'm not sure how much longer that's going to work. I'm hoping at least until my next OB appt. at 12 weeks then I'll spill to the rest of the world (parents, brothers, older kids all know). I'm still in my regular pants/jeans but I have a feeling that will only last a few more weeks, too.

So what about the rest of you? Still hiding the bump or letting it all hang out? Or no bump yet?

May 22nd, 2013, 09:56 AM
aln030482's Avatar <3 Proud Mommy <3
I honestly wish I could still hide mine (because I'm already tired of the 'when are you due?', OMG you still have how many months?), but I don't have much of a choice. Considering I've only gained 4lbs. since learning we were pregnant, it's definitely 'out there'. I successfully hid mine until 8 weeks though, but then my shirts would no longer conceal my belly.

HorseGal likes this.

DH - 35, Me - 31
DD - Kira Rae - 3.29.00 - induced @ 41w 3d
DD - Kaila Rose - 9.8.01 - stalled labor, c-section @ 39w6d
DD - Kelly Rebecca - 1.14.03 - induced, VBAC @ 41w5d
DS - Kobe Rian - 8.12.04 (lost twin at 13w) - IUGR - stopped developing @ 34w, emergency c-section @ 37w
DD - Kurstin Rubi - 1.9.07 - unexplained pre-labor starting at 26 weeks, spontaneous labor @ 37w & repeat c-section
DD - Kyleen Ryli - 5.16.08 (lost twin at 8w3d) - preeclampsia - emergency c-section @ 34w6d
DS - Kory Reed - 3.1.10 - gestational diabetes - repeat c-section @ 39w2d
EDD 12.2.13 - Kole Reese - TEAM BLUE!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 22nd, 2013, 10:12 AM
Wow you have a full bump going already! I can see how it would be a pain to be asked about your due date and then getting the shocked response because people think you shouldn't be showing so much already. It is what it is though. People should have a little more tact especially with strangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln030482 View Post
I honestly wish I could still hide mine (because I'm already tired of the 'when are you due?', OMG you still have how many months?), but I don't have much of a choice. Considering I've only gained 4lbs. since learning we were pregnant, it's definitely 'out there'. I successfully hid mine until 8 weeks though, but then my shirts would no longer conceal my belly.

aln030482 likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most everybody that we know knows that we are expecting so I haven't really been intentionally hiding it but today, it seems that the hiding is over. I think I popped See the show me thread.

May 22nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine is still mostly bloat. Easy to hide behind a tshirt still, but won't try to hide it because mostly everyone knows!
May 22nd, 2013, 10:22 AM
strong mama <3
I'm only 10 weeks but definitely feel like I am showing...its frustrating because I work with a woman almost 20 weeks pregnant and my belly is just as big as hers! Doesn't help that I never really lose the belly after my last pregnancy....
May 22nd, 2013, 10:43 AM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been sick and lost 9 pounds! (I have extra fluff from my last pregnancy I gained 50+pounds!) I'm hiding out as long as I can hopefully until August!
May 22nd, 2013, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't really have my bump yet. I'm just a little bloated and look like I've put on a few pounds.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

May 22nd, 2013, 11:29 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't been able to hide mine since about 8 weeks. This week it's like REALLY out there. I haven't told everyone at my work yet so I am sure they are wondering. Hopeully it doesn't just look like I am getting overweight from eating too much!
May 22nd, 2013, 01:29 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Not hiding here. I feel like I'm big, but it's actually not too bad. Obviously if you know, and those who don't give me that "wait, is she pregnant or not??" look. I'd say I'm about the size I was at 26 weeks the first time.

May 22nd, 2013, 01:31 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
I feel like I'm showing but I don't think it's noticeable to others yet unless they know and are looking for a belly.
May 22nd, 2013, 05:28 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most of mine is bloat too--but my hips are wider and my lower belly is starting to pooch a bit. I am hiding it though and I will for another couple of weeks if I can.

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 22nd, 2013, 06:57 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I'm going on vacation to my dad's on Friday and I don't think I can hide it from him... It's pretty noticable, but not as much as aln's What a progression already you have!

I may just bite the bullet and pack my summer maternity stuff and if he asks, I'll tell him, but otherwise, I'll let him guess until he gets the official notification on Father's Day, after we have confirmation that baby's alive and well on June 4 at my NT scan.
aln030482 likes this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 22nd, 2013, 07:56 PM
BoyerMom's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a lot of extra cushioning, so I just look extra bloated. I should take a pic though, as I think the last one was 6 weeks.

May 22nd, 2013, 09:27 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still hiding. I work with a lot of computers at work so I can still get away with wearing a coat all day at work because they have to keep the room cold for the electronics.

Otherwise depending on the time of day I'm in t-shirts and sucking in when i need to. It's getting to the point I can't hide it. But it seems now that I'm hitting 12 weeks and the baby is starting to move up, my belly has leveled out some.
May 23rd, 2013, 04:24 AM
Veteran
im not hiding it im just gonna let it all hang out lol .... ive popped out really quickly with this one being my 3rd it looks like im about 20 weeks

May 23rd, 2013, 04:42 AM
Horsegal, I lol'ed about you sucking it in. I found myself attempting to do that a couple times yesterday as I walked by people at work. I've been constipated from the Zofran so the bloat is really bad. Sucking in bloat is nearly impossible lol.

May 23rd, 2013, 10:14 AM
MomofMaddy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MomofMaddy
I'm not showing yet.... but that is the best part, so I'll probably let it out
May 23rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
emilybobemily's Avatar Regular
I have really ballooned out. I look like I am about to give birth right now haha. I just play up how preggers I look so I feel less chunky. When I actually do pop people are going to be like AHHHHH
May 23rd, 2013, 02:16 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Definitely showing. My regular length shirts aren't cutting it anymore....I have to wear my longer ones already. I could wear some of my maternity tshirts, but eh, I don't like to wear those til I'm really showing cuz they're not quite right until you've got a full blown bump going on.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search