BTDT Babywearin' Mamas

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 02:13 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
im a size 16/18 when im not pregnant and it doesnt bother me. i have bigger friends (24w-28w) who havent complained. if we lived closer to each other i would totally let you borrow to try! do you have a babywearing group near you? we have one that meets at the library (its about 45 minute drive, but they only meet once a month) and you pay a $30 yearly membership fee but each month you get to take home a carrier to try before you buy, or if you have a cloth diaper/natural parenting store, they usually have tons of things you can try on!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 24th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Super Mommy
This sounds like another language to me lol. I need to take NOTES! You BTDT moms are gonna be vvvvvveeeerrrry helpful.
beautiful.mess and HorseGal like this.

May 24th, 2013, 06:45 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Unfortunately, we don't have any stores or anything like that here in this podunk town. There's a place about 4 hours from me that will allow me to try one, but it would require me to drive up there and back twice in 1 week and I just can't justify the time and money.

May 24th, 2013, 07:17 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a sleepy wrap but ended up getting rid of it because of the same reasons mentioned - didn't feel tight enough/baby felt like she was going to fall out without me holding her. I got a cheapy Infantino that is similar to a Baby Bjorn for when baby is tiny. I'm a curvy gal, size 14, and my Boba is very comfy even holding DD at 25lbs. Well not super comfy when I'm pregnant but before that it was fine. It's not the cutest carrier out there but it works for me. I had a Babyhawk mei tei that I didn't care for and ended up selling.

May 25th, 2013, 04:42 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a Moby. It was a love hate with it. 1. It got hot. 2. I felt like until he got older I needed to hold him or forever checking to make sure his neck wasn't flopping (some women don't seem to care but i'm obsessive about it) and he was able to breath. 3. it took a long time to put on.

I will be searching for a new kind this time. I'd like to babywear more.
May 25th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like my Ergo!

I have had the Moby wrap (sold it) and could never get the hand of it. It was hard for me to get put on and then harder for me to get the baby arranged properly. I know tons of people who swear by it though, so maybe I am a noob
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
May 30th, 2013, 09:42 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think *I've* liked my ring sling best, but different children have preferred different things. One hated the sling, and another's first word was "backpack"! LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search