BTDT Babywearin' Mamas

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
beautiful.mess's Avatar PhotograMommy
Send a message via AIM to beautiful.mess
What's your favorite carrier?
Since I had both my girls, I've wanted an Ergo and could never justify spending that much on one. This time I'm going for it, but I've been looking around and there are so many carriers to choose from!!

The BabyHawk, Ergo and Tula carriers all have a very similar look. I'm wondering which I should end up choosing and what makes one different from the other. Any input?

Married Chris on 4.7.2006
Mommy to Madison Mae 4.26.08 <3
and Sydney Paige 4.28.10
Poppyseed due 12.10.13
]
-Mark 10:6-9
May 23rd, 2013, 11:03 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like the Boba. I paid about $70 for it on Amazon. It's not for tiny babies though. It's for like 6 mos. and up.

May 23rd, 2013, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With DD I had a Kozy I used when she was older. This time I really I'm going to get a Moby and maybe more!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

May 23rd, 2013, 11:20 AM
CA-mommy-to-be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an Ergo. I like the flexibility to baby wear on my front or back.

DH uses a Baby Bjorn.

Welcomed daughter Miranda on December 18, 2013

Never doubt someone's passion. I'm a women engineer and proud of it!

May 23rd, 2013, 11:23 AM
The Boba looks similar too! I'm thinking I want a ring sling too. So many choices!!

and Sydney Paige 4.28.10
Poppyseed due 12.10.13
]
May 23rd, 2013, 12:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will prob get an ergo this time. I used a patapum with my son and think ergo is better. I still have some research to do on this
May 23rd, 2013, 12:16 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like my Ergo the best, but I am going to sell it and get an Ergo Sport because my regular Ergo is so flipping hot!

May 23rd, 2013, 12:34 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I have a strip of fabric, that I wrap like a moby I guess. I'd still wear Allison if she'd let me. I've never used a carrier like those others.

May 23rd, 2013, 12:37 PM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a Moby that I used when Q was tiny and I wanted an ergo, but they are sooo expensive (for us) so I did tons of research and decided I wasn't in to the snaps and adjusting them so I opted for a mei tai style carrier. I thought I wanted a Baby hawk but again sooooo expensive so I looked and looked and found the infantino mei tai for 1/3 of the cost and so far I love it!
May 23rd, 2013, 01:06 PM
I have an Infantino one too. This one...
Infantino Carrier
It's worked out okay with my youngest (we don't really use it anymore), but I am still on the hunt. We had a Moby too, but I ended up selling it. I did really like it, but it just seemed like kind of a pain t get on.

and Sydney Paige 4.28.10
Poppyseed due 12.10.13
]
May 23rd, 2013, 01:14 PM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
That one looks pretty cool why dont you use it much any more ?

we have this one
Infantino Sash Mei Tai Carrier Black/Gray:Amazon:Baby
beautiful.mess likes this.
May 23rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I like wraps for when they are little. I like the Moby and the Sleepy Wrap. For the more structured carriers...I prefer the Ergo, and I have tried out many of the others. It is simply the most comfortable for both me and my kids. Unfortunatey mine got ruined in storage (grr!!)..something spilled on it and it was all moldy by the time I discovered it. So I'll be buying a new one, but not right away because I don't really like those for newborns (even though they sell newborn inserts, I prefer using them around 6 months old).
beautiful.mess likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I have a boba wrap (formerly called the sleepy wrap) for when they're really little. I like it better than the moby because I tie it as tight as I want and then it stretches to accomodate the baby.

I'm either going to get a Kozy mei tei or a Beco carrier for Josie, who will almost be 2 by the time the baby is here. I'm a plus size girl, so the ergo isn't a good choice for me. The Beco and Kozy have long enough straps to fit me and my 6'4" husband.

May 23rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyjayne View Post
That one looks pretty cool why dont you use it much any more ?

we have this one
Infantino Sash Mei Tai Carrier Black/Gray:Amazon:Baby
My littlest is just getting too big. She weighs pretty close to 40lbs. I've actually brought it back out to use with the 6 month old I watch.

That one looks cool too, Mollyjayne. Pretty similar!

and Sydney Paige 4.28.10
Poppyseed due 12.10.13
]
May 23rd, 2013, 05:42 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a ring sling that i LOVE for tiny babies...i did not like the moby at all, i never felt like it was tight enough and i felt like i was holding the baby anyway.

i used to have a babyhawk oh snap and i liked it, but i was gifted an ergo and never touched my babyhawk again.

I have an ellaroo, but i should just sell it...it's a mei tei and i like it for around the house, but i dont use it enough.

my friend has a boba and ive borrowed it on outings and i like it a lot, but i still prefer my ergo. we have the infant insert for the ergo, but i only used it twice. i just froggied hunter's legs and he was fine. the infant insert was too hot (but he was born early summer vs early winter, so it probably wouldnt be so bad for a winter baby)

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 23rd, 2013, 07:39 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beco, hands down--I have a Gemini but I have been eying the new Soleil they have out, I think I am going to get one. No insert needed, super comfy, (I still use it regularly and my son is 26lbs) and they are way cuter than Ergo. I wouldn't even blink about the price--they are worth every penny. If you baby wear, it pays to get a good carrier. The cheap ones suck.

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 23rd, 2013, 07:51 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by feythful View Post
I have a boba wrap (formerly called the sleepy wrap) for when they're really little. I like it better than the moby because I tie it as tight as I want and then it stretches to accomodate the baby.

I'm either going to get a Kozy mei tei or a Beco carrier for Josie, who will almost be 2 by the time the baby is here. I'm a plus size girl, so the ergo isn't a good choice for me. The Beco and Kozy have long enough straps to fit me and my 6'4" husband.
the ergo has a waist extender you can buy...i was able to wear brylie my whole pregnancy with hunter with it, and DH is able to wear the kids too! its great!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 23rd, 2013, 07:53 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
I have a ring sling that i LOVE for tiny babies...i did not like the moby at all, i never felt like it was tight enough and i felt like i was holding the baby anyway.
Funny, I've never had that problem, but I've heard several with Mobys say that. Maybe because mine isn't actually a moby, it's just fabric? I just wrap it with the moby wraps.

May 24th, 2013, 10:06 AM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like my Ergo, I haven't been able to use it much since I've been pregnant though. It's awesome when your babe starts getting heavy cause there is plenty of padding. When my son was tinier though, I just used a wahm made mei tai I found off of etsy. It was comfortable until he hit the 15 lb mark lol.

If you're researching carriers your size should be a consideration. Onya carriers are not meant for petite women, I hear. And the Ergo I have to tighten the shoulder straps nearly all the way to get a snug fit. You can always go the super crunchy route and buy a woven wrap. They're sooo pretty, but require tying.

Last edited by CherryLimeade; May 24th, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
May 24th, 2013, 10:45 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
the ergo has a waist extender you can buy...i was able to wear brylie my whole pregnancy with hunter with it, and DH is able to wear the kids too! its great!
Even with the extender, I've read that it is HORRIBLY uncomfortable for super curvy women. I'm short and super fat. That's not being harsh on myself, just the honest truth of it. So, I've done a ton of research on plus-size friendly carriers. I've had more than one friend my size sell theirs and go with a more plus-size friendly carrier.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search