I have my first prenatal appt tomorrow

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By ChicaChels
  • 1 Post By ChicaChels

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 07:55 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
finally at 12w it's an hour long consultation for the birth center, but i cant possibly imagine what i would need to talk to my midwife about for an hour! i have to take in some papers that I signed stating I understand the conditions of birthing at the birth center (though I'm actually leaning toward a hospital birth because I can stay for 2 days...I know if I come home 6 hours after giving birth, I'm not going to sit down...I constantly feel the urge to clean, cook, entertain, etc...and I dont have anyone that will come over and help)

Anyway, woo hoo for finally joining the "im getting prenatal care" club we'll see what the day brings!
bundle2baby, Jodimarie and lily26 like this.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 24th, 2013, 08:45 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, YAY for your first appt!!!

Can't wait to see an update!!

May 24th, 2013, 09:00 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
The first appointment is always an exciting one, even if it's boring I told my DH that I was also leaning to staying the extra night this time because I KNOW I'd come home and have to chase after 3 other kids and wouldn't get a wink of sleep... I never considered it before, but it's definitely something I'm thinking of this time!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 24th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awesome! Looking forward to hearing your update. Good luck tomorrow!

May 24th, 2013, 09:11 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Who knows. Things can change. I was shocked when last year I went it to discover that my midwife had added 4 other midwives to her practice (she used to be solo)..I was like wth...not too happy about that. But yea..in general, the first appointment if you've btdt is nothing special...just exciting though because its the first one

LOL about the extra sleep. Im thinking about another night as well...just so I can sleep in peace before the insanity of twins begins at home.

May 24th, 2013, 09:17 AM
oh no it just goes over the guidelines for hte birth center, we have to keep a 3 day food log for them to go over, etc...but heck i painted the birth center, teach classes there, have doula'd there countless times...im not a stranger, plus she delivered my other two kids (well, kind of my 2nd one..its a long story) but meh, hopefully itll be short.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
May 24th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I hope everything goes well! lol

I don't know, I always try to get out of the hospital as soon as I can. I need/want my medical staff during labor, but once the baby is born...I just want everyone to leave me alone. I hate people always trying to make sure I am doing everything right, looking over my shoulder trying to give me advice about taking care of my baby, trying to take my baby AWAY so I can "get some sleep." As if I would be able to relax enough to sleep without my baby nearby.

I don't think I'll be able to have my mom come out for a week after delivery like with Allison, because she works retail, and the baby is due at Christmas. I think my MIL might want to, but if she does, I probably WILL take the 2 days in the hospital!

May 24th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
I hope everything goes well! lol

I don't know, I always try to get out of the hospital as soon as I can. I need/want my medical staff during labor, but once the baby is born...I just want everyone to leave me alone. I hate people always trying to make sure I am doing everything right, looking over my shoulder trying to give me advice about taking care of my baby, trying to take my baby AWAY so I can "get some sleep." As if I would be able to relax enough to sleep without my baby nearby.

I don't think I'll be able to have my mom come out for a week after delivery like with Allison, because she works retail, and the baby is due at Christmas. I think my MIL might want to, but if she does, I probably WILL take the 2 days in the hospital!
the nurse came in my room twice after Hunter was born the hospital is very hands off, all about skin to skin, etc. we dont do bath, etc. so they just leave us alone. they came in once around 2am i guess, and took him for his hearing test (I asked that they do it in the middle of the night, since it's more accurate it baby is asleep, so i called her in at that point) and then just twice in the 29 hours we were there to assess me. i called them in twice total - once to take hunter, and once because i passed a pretty large clot and i was a bit worried about retained placenta, but beyond that they stay out and let you be if they were in my business i would bust out of there it probably helps that the majority of the nurses are friends of mine from IBCLC training and i know a lot of them from doula'ing

oh and h-ell to the NO on them trying to take my baby, they dont even offer to take the baby to the nursery at Bellevue Med, and if baby needs to go to the NICU, you go with them - theres a recliner that folds in to a bed in every NICU area - and they're very pro kangaroo care. it's truly a fantastic hospital. they dont believe mom and baby should be separated for any reason, and they encourage you to come to things like the hearing test, etc.
feythful likes this.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth

Last edited by ChicaChels; May 24th, 2013 at 10:24 AM.
May 24th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I hope it goes okay for you!
May 24th, 2013, 10:46 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
let us know how it goes? I'm curious because my first appointment isn't until june 12th and i'll be 13 w.. i'm kinda nervous that it's that late. Maybe since you're at 12 w it'll calm my nerves abit.

i hope for your sake, that it goes great though.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
May 24th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
How exciting! good luck

May 24th, 2013, 11:42 AM
beautiful.mess's Avatar PhotograMommy
Send a message via AIM to beautiful.mess
Yay!! So exciting! Do they do ultrasounds? I'm thinking not, but if they do you'll have to post a pic. I was amazed at how different my US at 10 weeks was compared to 8 and 9 weeks last time. I bet 12 weeks is awesome!!

Married Chris on 4.7.2006
Mommy to Madison Mae 4.26.08 <3
and Sydney Paige 4.28.10
Poppyseed due 12.10.13
]
-Mark 10:6-9
May 24th, 2013, 01:44 PM
i doubt it, but im still spotting so maybe :shrug: it doesnt matter either way to me, honestly. if they do, they'll have to schedule it for the hospital on like Monday or something because she doesnt have an ultrasound machine at the birth center.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search