What is everyone drinking?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 12:30 PM
strong mama <3
besides water of course.....I am good about trying to drink water and getting enough but I get bored of it very quickly, and I have gotten so many mixed opinions over the years about what is okay/good to drink and whats not.

Dont drink anything with sugar...diet drinks are bad for you too...no caffeine.....
Anybody have any go to favorites while pregnant?
May 24th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
I bought some of those crystal light packets to add to water bottles, I'm sick of plain water lol

May 24th, 2013, 12:50 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I drink water, Vitamin water, and Gatorade.

May 24th, 2013, 12:57 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Water, coffee, and ginger ale are about all I'm consuming these days.

May 24th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sierra mist with lots of ice or lots of ice and lemonade. Can't drink plain water yet. Sometimes I can and on a good day I can drink some hot tea.
May 24th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Dr. Pepper is the only thing that doesn't upset my stomach. If I drink anything else it's little sips with a few minutes in between.

May 24th, 2013, 01:29 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Water, protein shakes, and gatorade. I am usually a Pepsi addict, but these babies won't let me touch it. I can barely finish half a can. Which is so strange because anytime I've tried to kick the caffeine habit before I haven't been able to. Thank you babies!

May 24th, 2013, 02:20 PM
beautiful.mess's Avatar PhotograMommy
Send a message via AIM to beautiful.mess
Lots of water and cherry 7-up. I am finally able to drink my coffee again too (it just didn't sound good early on) and I only drink 1 cup per day.

Married Chris on 4.7.2006
Mommy to Madison Mae 4.26.08 <3
and Sydney Paige 4.28.10
Poppyseed due 12.10.13
]
-Mark 10:6-9
May 24th, 2013, 02:23 PM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Water (blecch), iced tea, and must have orange juice--only while pregnant.
May 24th, 2013, 03:01 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At the moment, lemonade from CFA. Usually water, and not enough by far. I'm bad at that.

May 24th, 2013, 03:08 PM
strong mama <3
Thanks ladies...I've been drinking a cup of 1/2 caf coffee every morning and now I don't feel so guilty.... My doc pretty much makes me feel like everything is off limits... juices, Gatorade etc have too much sugar, diet drinks and things like crystal light contain aspartame he says are also bad...I feel like nothing gets a green light! But I don't feel so guilty now that it sounds like everyone drinks these things I don't remember him being so crazy with the guidelines my last pregnancy.
May 24th, 2013, 03:20 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lots of water, iced tea if we go out to eat, orange juice, maybe some milk here and there

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 24th, 2013, 04:07 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I'd definitely steer clear of the "diet" drinks with aspartame, even not pregnant. It is a carcinogen, aka a cancer causing agent.
bundle2baby and bajars2531 like this.

May 24th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2boys View Post
Thanks ladies...I've been drinking a cup of 1/2 caf coffee every morning and now I don't feel so guilty.... My doc pretty much makes me feel like everything is off limits... juices, Gatorade etc have too much sugar, diet drinks and things like crystal light contain aspartame he says are also bad...I feel like nothing gets a green light! But I don't feel so guilty now that it sounds like everyone drinks these things I don't remember him being so crazy with the guidelines my last pregnancy.
I read somewhere that caffeine doesn't get dangerous in pregnancy until you're drinking really high amounts (something like 6 or 8 cups of coffee a day). The problem is it also can dehydrate you, so you need to make sure you're getting other fluids in. I'm sure the sugars he's thinking of being bad from a gestational diabetes standpoint...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMc View Post
I'd definitely steer clear of the "diet" drinks with aspartame, even not pregnant. It is a carcinogen, aka a cancer causing agent.
Yes, there's nothing good about aspartame. There was a recent study that actually showed that people who regularly drank diet sodas were 30% MORE likely to develop type 2 diabetes than people who drank an equivalent amount of regular soda. So even if you don't get cancer from it, you'll probably get diabetes.
bundle2baby likes this.

May 24th, 2013, 05:11 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I drink water, coffee, tea-hot or cold, mineral water or club soda with lemon or lime, or a splash of lemonade if I have it in it. I occasionally will have a Coke, but that's rare. We are not soda drinkers and we definitely never drink anything "diet".

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 24th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Super Mommy
Hmmmm slurpees, sprite, squirt, and water. I'm terrible I know but I stopped smoking immediately. Lol

May 24th, 2013, 05:25 PM
strong mama <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vick2009 View Post
Hmmmm slurpees, sprite, squirt, and water. I'm terrible I know but I stopped smoking immediately. Lol

I read the word slurpees and now you have me dreaming of one!! haha
May 24th, 2013, 06:53 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2boys View Post
Thanks ladies...I've been drinking a cup of 1/2 caf coffee every morning and now I don't feel so guilty...
The guidelines for caffeine were raised by the APA during my last pregnancy I believe, but now I'm reading that various studies are suggesting the at threshold should be lowered again. I drink 12 oz of fully caffeinated coffee every morning and did through both of my other pregnancies.

My sister in law lives up in the mountains in Colorado Springs and was told to avoid caffeine because between that and the hardship of high elevations, it could hinder the growth of the baby. I don't know how true that is, but I know they monitored her toward the end for growth and she said that was pretty common among her friends in the area. Do you live in a high elevation area?

May 24th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feythful View Post
My sister in law lives up in the mountains in Colorado Springs and was told to avoid caffeine because between that and the hardship of high elevations, it could hinder the growth of the baby. I don't know how true that is, but I know they monitored her toward the end for growth and she said that was pretty common among her friends in the area. Do you live in a high elevation area?
I'm in the Denver area (not up in the mountains, but still fairly high), and I haven't heard that. There are quite a few instances of babies needing extra oxygen after birth, though...

May 24th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I drink 1 coke a day, powerade and crystal light. The diet restrictions from my OB say I can have up to 200mg of caffeine a day. I did practically the same thing with my previous pregnancy.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search