Whats your favorite TV show?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By feythful
  • 1 Post By Leogirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2013, 11:08 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whats your favorite TV show?
May 25th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Can't really think of one, but sadly when I do watch tv I find myself watching "reality tv."

May 25th, 2013, 05:07 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Recently, I got really into "Once Upon A Time". I LOVE Doctor Who, but I hate the new doctor. I'll watch the first several seasons that started in the mid 2000's though.

May 25th, 2013, 05:38 PM
aln030482's Avatar <3 Proud Mommy <3
Our house did away with cable/ satellite in an attempt to save money & encourage the children to get outside & play. While it has been working wonderfully, it has really limited my television watching time as now we only have netflix.

DH - 35, Me - 31
DD - Kira Rae - 3.29.00 - induced @ 41w 3d
DD - Kaila Rose - 9.8.01 - stalled labor, c-section @ 39w6d
DD - Kelly Rebecca - 1.14.03 - induced, VBAC @ 41w5d
DS - Kobe Rian - 8.12.04 (lost twin at 13w) - IUGR - stopped developing @ 34w, emergency c-section @ 37w
DD - Kurstin Rubi - 1.9.07 - unexplained pre-labor starting at 26 weeks, spontaneous labor @ 37w & repeat c-section
DD - Kyleen Ryli - 5.16.08 (lost twin at 8w3d) - preeclampsia - emergency c-section @ 34w6d
DS - Kory Reed - 3.1.10 - gestational diabetes - repeat c-section @ 39w2d
EDD 12.2.13 - Kole Reese - TEAM BLUE!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 25th, 2013, 06:20 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by aln030482 View Post
Our house did away with cable/ satellite in an attempt to save money & encourage the children to get outside & play. While it has been working wonderfully, it has really limited my television watching time as now we only have netflix.
That's actually how I ended up watching Doctor Who and Once Upon A Time. I wouldn't normally watch those shows, but because they are on netflix and was looking for new things, I tried them out. I just watched an episode during nap time. I watched more when I was up nursing Josie at various times of the night. We've been without cable for about 6 years now and I doubt we'll ever go back. We're seriously thinking about getting rid of Netflix too. I'm a bit nervous about that move though.
aln030482 likes this.

May 25th, 2013, 07:34 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Greys Anatomy, Scandal, Pretty Little Liars, SYTYCD, American Idol, Modern Family, Duck Dynasty, Nashville. Too bad the tv season is over and all my shows ended with it.

May 26th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have too many! I watch Game of Thrones, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, The Walking Dead, Freakshow, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Doctor Who, Call the Midwife, Downton Abby, Paranormal Witness, Face Off, The Following, Hannibal, Vikings, Defiance, Revolution, and Grimm. I think that's everything!
mommy-of-one likes this.

May 26th, 2013, 04:28 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aln030482 View Post
Once I left my mothers house to go to college at 18 I have never paid for cable. I refuse, otherwise...I'll watch it. I don't even have netflix. I just have the 8 local channels I can get from my BFE house.

My favorite show from it's day 1 is Greys Anatomy. I watch more like House, Nashville, etc... But Greys is my favorite. I use apps on my phone to watch them if I miss them.
May 26th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't watch much tv but parenthood and scandal are my faves right now
May 26th, 2013, 10:17 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only shows I DVR are Modern Family and Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown. I guess those are my favorites. I don't watch much TV lately since I'm passed out by 9pm. I watch way more kids shows. Hmmm which Sprout show is my favorite?

May 26th, 2013, 11:36 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Vikings, yes, that's a good one My faves are Criminal Minds, CSI's, NCIS... yes I'm strange. I also think the show "under the dome" looks interesting, but it's not out yet (Stephen King authored the original story and I LOVE his stuff).

I would LOVE to get rid of our DirecTV, but I also watch a TON of sports (er, WE do), so I don't think that will ever happen.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 26th, 2013, 04:37 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetiePeas View Post
I don't watch much tv but parenthood and scandal are my faves right now

Is parenthood still on? I watched that show loved it, but I didnt think they had more then 2 seasons or something?

I find myself watching more reality tv then anything.. its pretty sad lol. my favourites are like pitbulls and parolees, and animal cops *before I got pregnant I was trying to save up to go to school to be a vet tech.*

other than that I love true blood.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
May 26th, 2013, 10:37 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dance Moms is my favorite fall show, and my favorite summer show is Rookie Blue! ..other shows i watch are greys anatomy, and teen mom2

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 27th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Regular
I really don't watch much TV but my faves are comedies like Mike & Molly and How I met Your Mother
May 28th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Two Broke Girls, Mike ad Molly, Big Bang Theory and The Little Couple.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

May 28th, 2013, 08:15 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The Little Couple is filmed not far from where I live. I've seen their house a couple of times and Jen works at the local childrens hospital. Unfortunately I've never run into them but I have a Great Dane so we have been to their pet shop, Rocky and Maggies, and DH and I have met Jen's mom. She was running the register that day! I like that show too!!

We are HUGE sports fans as well so DH would NOT do well without cable!

May 30th, 2013, 09:36 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't watch Call the Midwife right now~I find it is fear-producing for me. SUCH a good show though!!!

I enjoy quite a few foreign shows~K-dramas and East West 101 from Australia. I lurve the Wife Swap! The rest is just hit-or-miss....

ETA that I cannot, CANNOT handle the CSI's and Law and Orders and such while I'm preggers! Anyone else like that?

Last edited by hugssandi; May 31st, 2013 at 06:41 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search