Are you exercising?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2013, 06:39 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Forgive me if it's already been discussed, but I'm needing some motivation! LOL! I swore I would walk every.day. of this pregnancy for my health, and instead I find I sleep. A LOT. The nausea is starting to clear, and that makes it a lot easier. I am still doing Zumba, Taekwondo, and a walk on three consecutive days, but that leaves four that are sedentary. Methinks I'd like to do some belly dancing! Please tell me what and how you're doing movement wise....

Last edited by hugssandi; May 31st, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
May 31st, 2013, 07:27 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've started walking again recently now that my energy has picked back up. I also plan on starting back on doing some strength training (using lighter weights). I don't want my arms and legs to get all jiggly.

May 31st, 2013, 08:11 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I climb the stairs of my house and work. Thats about all.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
May 31st, 2013, 08:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't been doing any exercise. Unfortunately, I've been struggling this time around with a lot of nausea and fatigue. I'm hoping in the second trimester I will have more energy to at least do a daily walk and some light weights.

May 31st, 2013, 09:08 AM
Veteran
I have been walking takinf what is called and agua run class at out local pool ... and I have started prenatal yoga !!!

May 31st, 2013, 10:01 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Nope. A 2.5-year-old and almost 4-year-old are plenty of exercise for me right now.

May 31st, 2013, 10:32 AM
CA-mommy-to-be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I walk with my pedometer. I do my best to reach 10,000 steps a day. The pedometer reminds me to get up and move throughout the day. I'm too exhausted to even consider something like Zumba. You're impressive for having the energy!

Welcomed daughter Miranda on December 18, 2013

Never doubt someone's passion. I'm a women engineer and proud of it!

May 31st, 2013, 10:56 AM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I have not been working out at all just with morning sickness I have lost 12 pounds.

May 31st, 2013, 11:40 AM
I appreciate that I'm not the only one off the wagon due to nausea and fatigue! I do need to pick my weights back up, and I LOVE yoga and have a few vids I could pull out. Sadly, I don't. Not that it's HOT I'm already swelling~in the mid-80's! UGH! I thought that walking might just be simple, you know? Hopefully I'll check in again with some better news of gettin' it done!!!
May 31st, 2013, 12:21 PM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm running about 3x a week, cycling 1-2x a week and just started tracy Anderson pregnancy project DVDs. Have another 5k race Sunday!
feythful and ErinBoshnyak1985 like this.
May 31st, 2013, 01:46 PM
UGH Monkeymama! You really are MEGA SUPER MOMMY! GO GET IT, GIRL!!!! I am totally in awe of you, and I wish I were more like ya, too!
ErinBoshnyak1985 likes this.
May 31st, 2013, 08:23 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I am JUST starting to feel better. The last few weeks kicked my butt and I didn't make it to the gym for about a month.

I'm also doing Zumba (I did that up until the day my DD2 was born!), the elliptical, some light weights and a rower. I'm not working out nearly as much as with DD2, but I also don't want to sit around all day (well, I'd love to sleep all day, but yeah...)

As soon as we get back from this little vacation of ours, I'm hitting the gym again!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 31st, 2013, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope. I was before by doing a few days of walking/weights but now that I am preggo I stopped and was told at doc appointment today I wouldn't be allowed to anyway...so lazy it is for the rest of this pregnancy!

May 31st, 2013, 08:37 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Yea i havent been either, nausea and fatigue are getting the best of me!

May 31st, 2013, 09:46 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just hit 2nd tri and I'm already feeling some relief! I have been walking almost everyday, chasing my 2 year old around, riding and training horses and working in my garden or mowing the farm.
June 1st, 2013, 03:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I walk a couple miles most days. The motivation is largely getting excess energy out of my 1 and 3 year old and the dog, but it's healthy for me too! I also work in a job which requires being on my feet all day, tons of walking and lifting.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
June 1st, 2013, 05:59 AM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugssandi View Post
UGH Monkeymama! You really are MEGA SUPER MOMMY! GO GET IT, GIRL!!!! I am totally in awe of you, and I wish I were more like ya, too!
I know!! I read hers too and I'm like "wow I'm lazy...." I try to walk for 30-40 min 3x a week at least if the weather is nice....and it hasn't been....May has sucked in MN its been cold and it has rained 22 days out of the month!!!! Also, I have just reached that point where I have some sort of myself back....I have been just dead to the world for a while

Happy April Fools Day on me!!! @ 17DPO

Read My Journal! http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ttle-newt.html
Belly Pics! Updated Weekly!!!http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...elly-pics.html

June 1st, 2013, 06:39 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The ONLY reason I am able to keep up is I started exercising consistently a little over a year ago and I want to keep it up. Plus I'm 36, it's my 4th baby and and I know it won't be as easy to bounce back. I didn't exercise through my others much and I regretted it. Between #2 and #3 I thought "oh, I'm going to have another, why bother getting in shape?" Mistake!!

And it's not easy. I have to time it right. And I'm running pretty slow. But my dr said its good for me since I was already doing it. I fight my own excuses every day though! And I'm past the worst of my morning sickness.
feythful and sudders69 like this.
June 1st, 2013, 07:38 AM
Well, I am appreciating all of you and where you are uniquely in this journey! And Monkeymama, I needed to hear that you are fighting your excuses and winning!
June 1st, 2013, 08:18 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
im on a softball team and a volleyball team, so i do that and we take our german shepherd for a walk most days - it's been SO freaking rainy here though for the past 2 weeks, we havent been able to do much and i havent gone to the gym to renew our membership that was up in april because we never renew it for summer since we're outside all the time...but with the weather, i need to!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search