Back from NT scan and GENDER REVEAL!!! Updated OP with pic

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brittanie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2013, 02:40 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I may very well be the first here who knows what I'm having (thanks to the M21+ test!!)

I just got from my doc appointment!!!
They had the results from the M21 test... and baby is chromosomally normal! PHEW!!! NT measurements were ITTY BITTY *hooray* at 1.2, which is the smallest of all my kids. HB was nice and strong and baby's measuring 4 days ahead. Woo hoo!!! It was PERFECT.

And then... I got disappointed...

Because we're having a girl. I was so so hopeful we'd have a boy. So, 3 girls and 1 boy it is. I don't know why I'm so disappointed. I was OK until I am writing this, and now I want to cry I told DH and he muttered "d a m n" but I know he's thrilled baby's healthy but he wanted another boy, too. I laughed when he muttered this, because my initial reaction was "No more boys... sigh" I don't know why I wanted a boy so badly, but I do. So, what's so great about having 3 girls and only 1 boy? I know what's a struggle about it: teen drama, sex, constant worry, attitudes... I'm sorry, but I guess I"m a bit more disappointed than I realized. I know this is our last. I'll be 41 soon and we both knew we'd stop this year, whether it was at 3 or 4.

Here's our pic, definitely has a girl nub, for those who know about the nub theory... beautiful little thing:

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!

Last edited by redbirds; June 4th, 2013 at 08:46 PM.
June 4th, 2013, 02:47 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay! So glad to hear baby is chromosomally normal! Sorry you're disappointed but there is still a small chance baby could be a boy so don't give in just yet. I've heard of many instances that MaterniT21 results for gender were wrong. At least when they say girl anyways.

BTW -in the beginning I always thought oh sex doesn't matter because I have both but I'm finding myself wanting another boy lately.

June 4th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I would be hopeful, Kara, if the nub shot on the u/s weren't also so blatantly girl. I mean, both could be wrong, but I seriously doubt it. I need to suck it up and be happy!

June 4th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Aww darn! Well at least baby is healthy so that's something to be happy about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
I would be hopeful, Kara, if the nub shot on the u/s weren't also so blatantly girl. I mean, both could be wrong, but I seriously doubt it. I need to suck it up and be happy!

June 4th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Yay for good test results! I'm sorry baby isnt a boy.
December 3rd 2014 !! Baby #2 due August 2015!!!

June 4th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Give yourself time to process honey. It's natural to be a bit disappointed when it isn't the way you wanted. The only way to get over it is to go through it. (hugs)

I'm going to be disappointed either way. This is our last baby, so if it's a girl, Patrick won't get the brother I'd love for him to have, and if it's a girl, I won't get another shot at having a girl with red hair that I actually get to take home.

So just feel it, process it, and then you can get excited.
mommamindy likes this.

June 4th, 2013, 03:11 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so happy for your perfect little girl!! I would be lying if I said that I too would of been disappointed in a girl result, I wanted a little brother for my youngest boy and to be honest, girls just drain the crap out of me, lol. I understand, but Im sure by tomorrow you will be discussing names and looking at all the pink/purple with excitement again......I know I would of been excited within the first day or so of a girl result.....just would of needed time to process. Congrats again!!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

June 4th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Thank you, ladies! Brittanie... I have one chance, then, for my redheaded girl. I've always longed for one, being a red myself, but both my girls are blondies. Maybe this one... Maybe... DH has red in his mustache and goatee (when he's got one, and there's red back in his family, so there is HOPE!)

June 4th, 2013, 05:19 PM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww! I have 2 girls and 1 boy. I think I'd like another boy. But my girls have been SO much easier. As a baby my son was easy. He is just more active and stubborn and my girls are very compliant! I think a part of me will be disappointed either way! Also because its our last.
June 4th, 2013, 05:33 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear healthy results and don't worry. You'll come to terms with the gender :-) your going to have one heck of a boy! What better guy then one who grew up around all women lol
June 4th, 2013, 05:38 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations on healthy baby! I completely understand the gender disappointment because I am already having gender issues an will be asking them to write the gender own rather than tell me so I can find out privately rather than break down in the office if Spot is not a girl.

June 4th, 2013, 05:52 PM
strong mama <3
this is one of my biggest fears...going to the doctors and being so disappointed at the gender, I'm starting to get really nervous! I feel like people who have never been in this position don't understand and think its silly to be upset, that we should be happy either way- but its natural to have a preference sometimes....

With two boys at home, and this probably being my last I'm starting to really really want a girl- I just don't want to regret never being able to experience a girl and all that comes with it....I can't wait to find out the gender but at the same time I'm really scared!
June 4th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I am glad you have a healthy baby. I can understand your disappointment. I was like that with my ds. I really wanted a sister for my dd, but in the end was happy my dh got to have a son. He has four sisters and no brothers!

A little scary to think of all the girl drama later on!
June 4th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I completely understand! If I have another boy my daughter is going to have a nervous break down lol
June 4th, 2013, 08:30 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I'm so glad the baby is healthy, but I totally understand the gender disappointment. I'm going to have a rough time if this lil squishy is a girl. I love my girls and wouldn't trade them for the world, but this will be our last, and I'd like to have one boy. Plus, I have that whole old fashioned thing that I want a boy to continue the name. Silly as it is, so far, there's not a single grandson for his dad. I had a hard time when we found out Josie was a girl and I moped for about a month. I'm debating team green for that reason. I keep thinking "How could I possibly be disappointed when there's a baby here?" but I'm also concerned that it might affect my first few days with the baby if it's a girl. I'm SO torn.

June 5th, 2013, 02:19 PM
BoyerMom's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad to hear that all was well at your appointment. Sorry it is looking like a girl, but at least you have one boy who can look out for all his sisters.

June 5th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Oh boy that is a girly nub now isn't it? Super cute little bean!

June 5th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Beautiful Life!
I was disappointed with my last when we found out she was a girl. Of course, I got excited and was almost mad at myself for being disappointed. Now this time, everyone already thinks it's probably a girl, so I'm trying to prepare myself so hopefully I won't be disappointed but it's hard. I have one boy, from a previous relationship, and two girls. I think some of it is like a couple others said, my girls are delightful, but they wear me out and I'm scared to death of when they're teenagers! They're only 13 months apart and I think I'll have a nervous breakdown. So if this one is a girl, I'll have three girls in they're teenage years together. I'm sure they'll be the best of friends later, but they're mom may need serious therapy to get through it!

I don't find out what I'm having until 24 weeks, but sure you'll hear all about my disappointment if it's a girl. And then the excitement once she gets here. We're also praying red head, as my husband is a red head and would be tickled pink! Our youngest is strawberry blonde, but we're really hoping for a ginger! Fx'd for all of us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search