Still sick :( (Pity party for me)

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
So after 5 weeks of a sinus infection, I finally decided to try and get some meds. Outside of nose spray so I can breath, I have not taken anything. Apparently, the only thing I can take is a z-pack (med allergies) -- which I really can't take because of the immediate #3 effects if you catch my drift.

Well, i figured, what the heck. I've been backed up because of zofran -- why not. Maybe it would make things softer.

BAD IDEA. Bad bad bad idea!

While my head is POUNDING yesterday, and I have yellow and green coming out of my nose -- i get hit with SEVERE stomach cramps. To the point I left work (was screaming in pain while I was driving home), got home and sat down -- FINALLY (an hour and fifteen after the cramps started)-- the flood gates opened and ta da! 2 pounds lost. Literally. I called the midwife who tries to explain to me its impossible to get the runs that fast from a z-pack (not for me it's not!) and i must have the stomach flu (Umm no -- no never or vomiting!). I explained to her that usually drugs like that have an immediate effect -- I told her I had only taken the first 2 pills -- I have not gone since Sunday and have not been around any sick people -- to which I got told to immediate stop the antibiotics and now I have to "deal" with my 5+ week sinus infection and just "hope" it goes away and doesn't migrate to my chest.

I'm miserable! The mucus drips to my stomach every night and makes me feel so sick in the morning, thus making me need zofran. The zofran backs me up -- and then I end up even more miserable! I just want to feel GOOD again and stop blowing my nose every 2 seconds and be able to use the bathroom like a normal person!! And the heartburn -- if that could get controlled i'd be THRILLED. I finally am not tired anymore, so I can do stuff again -- but if I could get over being sick that would be awesome.

/end pity party
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
June 6th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm sorry honey! I had a few infections when pregnant with Allison, and while I got severe cramps, I never actually got the runs from the antibiotics. :/ without the zofran I do pretty quickly too.

Anyway, I'm sorry you're miserable. That sounds awful!

June 6th, 2013, 07:19 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry you don't feel weel. Try to get some rest. Maybe that'll help some.

June 6th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are feeling so sick! I am on antibiotics right now due to ear/sinus. I hope you get to feeling better soon. The meds make me really nauseous, but have been going regularly. I fear as soon as I stop I will be backed up again due to zofran. (((hugs)))
June 6th, 2013, 08:27 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry you're feeling sick.

I had almost that same experience last night. Backed up due to Zofran but on antibiotics for a tooth infection. Last night was the second time this has happened since being on antibiotics (started last Saturday). Same thing - awful cramps, nothing wants to come out initially and then....bam! What an awful thing to have to go through on top of the nausea and everything else. It did help getting all that out of my body though. I felt absolutely nasty yesterday until I was able to "go".

June 6th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're not feeling well! I hope your sinus infection goes away soon!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

June 6th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Regular
((((hugs))))) Hope you get some relief soon!
June 6th, 2013, 05:35 PM
BoyerMom's Avatar Super Mommy
Sounds rough. Hope you feel better soon.

June 6th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I had an awful sinus infection right after I found out I was pregnant. I went to my doctor who put me on Flonase and Benadryl, but after five days or so I was convinced I had an ear infection. I went to urgent care, no ear infection, just congestion and she prescribed me Rhinocort, which was going to cost me $50 so I didn't fill the prescription. The thing that helped me the most was using a sinus rinse you can find at any drug store. It's just saline solution and is 100% safe for pregnancy (says so on the box) and it helps get all that gross congestion out. It helped a lot with post nasal drip too. Hope you feel better soon!
June 7th, 2013, 02:55 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((((Samantha)))))

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 7th, 2013, 06:47 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Illness of any kind during pregnancy is just unfair. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well and this is just compounding things.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search