well, this is a bit crazy...

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
But it looks like I'll probably be moving from Colorado to Texas. My husband was offered a position at his company's home office, and we can't come up with a good reason not to go (other than we LOVE Denver, and the idea of prepping a house to sell on short notice makes me want to throw up...lol)

So, this would put me moving while pregnant AGAIN. >_<

We moved apartments in the same town a week after Erin was born (so, not actually while pregnant but in a way that was harder). We moved from Idaho to Colorado while I was pregnant with Patrick. We moved from our apartment to our house when I was pregnant with Allison...

Ugh, looks like I'm in for a CRAZY few months! They'd want us relocated before the end of the summer.

June 6th, 2013, 07:05 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Texas is wonderful!! I promise!! Where about would you be moving to??

June 6th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesgirl09 View Post
Texas is wonderful!! I promise!! Where about would you be moving to??
Dallas area. The office is in Irving.

June 6th, 2013, 07:39 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's about 5 hours from me, I'm just outside of Houston. I definitely feel for you having to move while pregnant. That wouldn't be much fun at all and stressful to say the least.

Will the company help with your relocation costs?

June 6th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesgirl09 View Post
Will the company help with your relocation costs?
Yes. It's not only not going to cost us anything to move, we're going to end up with a signing bonus that looks to be amazing.

June 6th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! definately a climate change. I moved while pregnant with my first so I can relate.That move was hard on me due to being so sick. I never had to move that far though. GL with everything and hope it goes as smoothly as possible.
June 6th, 2013, 08:02 AM
My house is an utter disaster right now. I really wasn't planning on having get it to sparkling clean, kwim? And I'm such a cluttered person! It'll be really good for me as far as downsizing, but I'm so tired just thinking about it!

June 6th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep for sure a climate change! I would ask for DH work to pay for packers and movers so you don't have to do much of anything if it were me . I moved a few weeks after Greyson was born from El Paso to Kansas City it wasn't so bad. I honestly would love to move right now....lol

June 6th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilla05 View Post
Yep for sure a climate change! I would ask for DH work to pay for packers and movers so you don't have to do much of anything if it were me . I moved a few weeks after Greyson was born from El Paso to Kansas City it wasn't so bad. I honestly would love to move right now....lol
They are going to have a crew to load/drive/unload the truck, but I don't know how much actual packing they'll do. Mostly because I like knowing what's packed together in what box, you know??

Not only that, but AT LEAST half our stuff is going to have to be packed to get the house ready to sell. THAT'S the intimidating part to me. If all I had to do was pack up and leave, I'd love it. I've never had to sell a house before, and keeping a place clean and for showings and stuff?? So not me. *ESPECIALLY* when pregnant and sick!
feythful likes this.

June 6th, 2013, 08:59 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, the good news is, housing prices here in Texas are amazing. You will probably get to live in a larger, newer house!

June 6th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anybodyinthere View Post
Well, the good news is, housing prices here in Texas are amazing. You will probably get to live in a larger, newer house!
yeah, my little bit of online searching has proven that!

June 6th, 2013, 09:16 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Congrats for the good news! While I love CO, there are politics involved that are making me want to puke My brother lives in Austin and he LOVES TX. We like to visit... I love my mountains and climate

Sounds like an amazing opportunity!
ChicaChels likes this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
June 6th, 2013, 10:06 AM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
TX is Awesome

I live in the Houston area, but I have family in Dallas/Ft. Worth. It's probably going to be a huge climate change though.
ChicaChels likes this.

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

June 6th, 2013, 11:56 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well I for one am incredibly jealous!! i'm trying soo hard to talk my DH in to moving to texas! i hope things go smoothly for you!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 6th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds amazing.
June 6th, 2013, 05:47 PM
BoyerMom's Avatar Super Mommy
Hope all goes well during the prepping process. Maybe some friends and family could help with packing up? The timing would at least allow you to be somewhat settled before baby comes.

June 7th, 2013, 12:09 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Yay for awesome job opportunities!

We ended up in this little town we live in now because of an awesome deal and I'm so glad we took it (even if I can't wait to move from here now). Funny enough, we're trying to move to Colorado Springs to get closer to DHs family and because I HATE the weather here. 20 years in Florida was enough humidity for a lifetime and now I've lived another 6 in humid Georgia.

June 7th, 2013, 01:06 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW that's a long day~what an adventure!!!!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 7th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyerMom View Post
Hope all goes well during the prepping process. Maybe some friends and family could help with packing up? The timing would at least allow you to be somewhat settled before baby comes.
We don't have any family here. :/ I'll probably ask some friends to help. Plus Matt is planning on taking a few days off and we'll just whirlwind it.

He emailed the man who would be his supervisor and asked about what he would be doing exactly (it's the same job position, with the same basics, but since that office is working on different projects/locations, the specifics will be different). The answer he got back was "it'll be too difficult to describe, why don't you come down next week and spend the day with the guy you'll be replacing?" So he's flying to Dallas on Tuesday evening. or something. lol

June 8th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! I hope the prep to sale your house goes easy! I couldn't imagine doing that while pregnant!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search