Hello Ladies :)

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Ms_jamie's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ms_jamie
Just popping in to say hello, I don't really post up here very often... I need to get better with that.
Anyhow, I am 12 weeks today (WHOO-HOOO) and am cautiously excited that everything seems to be going ok at this point.
Had a little scare at first with a subchorionic hematoma but it seems to have resolved itself.
Still taking the Lovenox shots and aspirin daily to treat my MTHFR and doing ok with that as well, although the shots seem to sting a little bit more these days.
In other news... I have begun my research journey in an attempt to pursue a VBAC.
I had a normal vaginal birth in 1997 and an emergency c-section in 2010...
My own OB (whom I adore) is not willing to entertain my desire for a VBAC so I am in the process of dr shopping to find an established provider in my area that is VBAC friendly.
I am also meeting with a Doula on Friday (super excited about this). This is my first time even considering doing anything outside of what my doc recommends or allowing someone outside of my immediate family into such a personal and intimate process (pregnancy & delivery) and although I'm scared and nervous I just feel so empowered to be able to have a voice and a say in the care of my own body and beautiful baby. This is a new and exciting journey for me...
I go back to my regular OB tomorrow for my scheduled bi-weekly check-up and I guess we'll schedule the nuchal scan and all that genetic testing at that point.
She has no idea I am looking for another doc and I kind of feel terrible for sneaking around to find another doc... I know that sounds strange but I just worry if I tell her that I am looking,. she may not want to keep me as a patient and I'll be left with no one in the end.
Anyhow.. on a lighter note.. DH bought an Intelligender test last night for fun and it gave me blaring Boy result... I had a feeling it might be a boy (no worries not running out to buy blue paint just yet). Even though I really want another baby girl, he was super excited at the possibility of having a son. Either way this is our last one... so be what it may, I just pray that's it's happy and healthy.
Well I think that's all for now... how are you all doing these days Any big plans for the 4th of July?? We're planning on driving 8 hours to Long Island NY to see my family for a week... with our two year old, our puppy and me at 4 months pregnant... this should be interesting...lol.

Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com
June 6th, 2013, 09:49 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!

Looks like you are keeping busy! I hope you get that VBAC!

No plans for us over the 4th, we've got busy travel plans this June, so we're home in July and going to enjoy the small town celebrations here. My mom is coming up, so should be fun, and my bd is on the 6th

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
June 7th, 2013, 07:35 AM
strong mama <3
I hope you end up with everything you want! Don't worry about your OB, I'm sure they don't take it personal, as a doctor they probably have patients come and go all the time, its more important for you to have a doctor that is willing to honor how you want to handle your pregnancy and delivery- after all, its your body!!

Not sure whats going on for the 4th, my DH is home on vacation that week so me and the kids are super excited about that, I usually like to have a big 4th party but being pregnant, I don't think it will be as much fun lol

Enjoy Long Island if you come! We have been having really sucky weather this week, I can't wait for it to get nicer and actually be able to enjoy summer!
June 7th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
Hope everything works out and you find a physician who will work with you to have your VBAC.

No plans for the 4th so far. We have family friends who have a BBQ every year, so we may end up there. I have to work the next day, so I'm a little bummed about that. Looking forward to summer though!
June 7th, 2013, 11:54 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Glad to hear you're doing well and I'm glad you're being proactive about finding the support you need for your VBAC!

We don't have any big plans for the 4th, but I'm hoping we'll be scheduling a trip to see family sometime in July.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search