My vent

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By monkeymama2
  • 1 Post By mama2boys

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Regular
SO and I work opposite schedules but he has 2 days off each week. Every single time he has his days off he waits til 6:00pm to ask what's for dinner. He was home all day while I worked, he could have EASILY gone to the store to pick something up. But, no, he was running out to the store and I simply said, "Can you grab something easy for dinner?" He said, "Well what should I buy?" I said, "I'm not eating, I don't care" (I have absolutely NO appetite and everything disgusts me right now). His words, "Please don't do this to me..." cause he CANNOT make a decision without me for some stupid reason. Then he started to get PISSED off at me cause he thought I was just going to be mad with whatever he bought. I said, I am NOT eating, I do NOT care what you buy, just get something already!" and he started stomping around saying that I DO THIS TO HIM EVERY NIGHT!!!! SO I lost my temper, I threw my laptop, I started stomping around, going thru the fridge and cabinets to make dinner for the kids, he is on his own I am so beyond pissed right now. This is the same fight we have every single week and I am so sick of it! I pick out dinner, buy it and cook it almost every night for me and the kids and he can't do it this one night that I have a huge migraine and just want to veg out on the couch. Ugghhhhh! Sorry but that's my whine for the night, I feel a little better now...
June 6th, 2013, 05:43 PM
BoyerMom's Avatar Super Mommy
I can understand your frustration. Maybe you could have a couple freezer meals as a back-up? I know if I left it up to my husband to cook it would be dry chicken or pancakes. Maybe you could make the meals together too, that way it isn't all on your shoulders. I get annoyed that my husband can't cook, but I would rather mix it up than have the same thing all the time.

June 6th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would totally just do pancakes lol
June 6th, 2013, 08:12 PM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
UGH! I sympathize! My husband doesn't get home until 7 every day so I cook dinner all week. I can't wait for him to get home so me and the kids eat around 6. When Saturday and Sunday come I basically refuse to cook. It's kind of our unsaid agreement. If I were you I'd sit down and tell him that on his days off, he needs to be in charge of dinner and he can decide what it will be. And remind him that will eliminate a lot of arguments!
feythful and Mama_2boys like this.
June 7th, 2013, 02:52 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((((Mama)))))

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 7th, 2013, 07:22 AM
strong mama <3
sometimes men are just clueless lol MY DH works long days till late so I"m always in charge of dinner which is fine with me since Im SAHM and I'm home BUT what gets me is that he will text me on his way home and the first thing he says is "What did you make for dinner" No, hey babe how was your day, how were the kids etc. but right away just whats for dinner. Sometimes I feel like answering 'cereal you jerk' haha
Mama_2boys likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search