Sleeping baby...

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Regular
What will your newborn sleep in?

Mine share a room with me for the 1st few months, atleast, and I have heard good things about the rock n play sleepers....anyone here use them before?
Here is a link... Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'N Play Sleeper - Tan Circles - Fisher-Price - Babies "R" Us
June 6th, 2013, 03:28 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I've got a Rock n Play. It's OK. My DD didn't love it as much as others, but it worked. I think we used it more as a chair than a sleeper set up, so it would have been better if we had an activity bar for her to play with (may get one and add to it).

Baby will sleep with us in the Arm's reach co-sleeper for at least 6 months, then move to the crib in the nursery. I nurse exclusively, so having the babies in our room instead of having to trek up and down stairs to the nursery sure is nice!

Nap times during the day, baby will sleep either on me (usually the case, as babies tend to LOVE their mamas!) or in the crib or maybe in the Rock n Play if I can get the siblings to be quiet and leave baby be!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
June 6th, 2013, 03:55 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
most likely bed with me. We have a bassinet that I'll try to use, but if that doesnt work, I'll just put baby on the boob and go to sleep i dont enjoy giving up my solid night's rest Hubbs sleeps downstairs with Hunter 99% of the time, otherwise Hunter is up every 2 hoursWe'll see if Hunter does any better when his "big boy bed" gets here

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 6th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He/she will be in a crib most of the time but I do co-sleep for the first few weeks and then as needed after that.

June 6th, 2013, 05:32 PM
BoyerMom's Avatar Super Mommy
We don't have a bassinet. Probably in bed, then after a bit in the crib. We used a moses basket with my son, but don't have it anymore. Luckily the baby's room is right next to ours.

June 6th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Probably in something next to the bed or the crib I really like that rock and play sleeper, I might have to get one of those

June 6th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We used the rock n play sleeper for my last one. He had bad reflux so it was awesome, buuuut now he hates sleeping flat. And if he does its in my bed lol so I will try to start this baby off in the crib immediately like I did my other three
June 6th, 2013, 06:48 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Co sleeping and a pack n play beside me. Then eventually in a crib in my room and when they are ready, their own room.

DS moved to the crib just before his 1st bday and his own room just before his 2nd birthday.
June 6th, 2013, 06:59 PM
My daughter slept in the Fisher-Price Rock and Play from the day we brought her home from the hospital until she was 4 months old! She adored it and slept like...well...a baby. I ended up using two of them - she slept in one in our bedroom until we moved her to her crib and I used another one on the first floor of our house for napping, etc.

I would strongly recommend it. There was a recall a few months ago, but it wasn't for safety reasons. Just for people being morons - if the fabric gets wet and you don't dry it or wash it, it may mildew.
June 6th, 2013, 07:41 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I usually have a bassinet by my side of the bed. My son liked to sleep in it, but my daughter did not and she co-sleeps (still, unfortunately..but transitioning slowly out to her own room at least half the night now). I'm unsure of how it will work with twins. I am going to put a full-size crib at the end of our bed and have them sleep together while they are little enough....if I have to cosleep with them, hubby will get kicked out cuz we only have a queen bed....

June 6th, 2013, 08:15 PM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cannot do the shared room thing. I tried with all 3--fail! Our room is teeny tiny (whole house is) and I'd have no access to my dresser. Plus I can't sleep--I hear everything. So my kids go in cribs right away. My daughters did really well with this. My son didn't
like sleeping on his back for about 3 months so he slept in a bouncy chair and after that he was great. I would avoid anything other than flat sleeping (crib, bassinet, etc) because it seems like kids get so used to that! I had this fear that my son would be 2 and sleeping in a bouncy seat.
June 6th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are planning on getting the Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper & co-sleeping again. We just purchased a king size bed, which will give us more room this time.

June 6th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Veteran
In the crib at night. And pack in play during the day downstairs I could never co sleep I m afraid something bad would happen
June 7th, 2013, 02:51 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are co-sleepers for about three years.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 7th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
In a pack and play in our room for the first few months -- then into a crib
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
June 7th, 2013, 06:45 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
pack n play in our room.

If you're thinking about getting the rock n play, I highly suggest getting it new and not from a consignment shop, unless you're going to inspect it pretty heavily for mildew before buying it. Especially if you live in a humid climate like Florida or Hawaii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgrrl123 View Post
I would strongly recommend it. There was a recall a few months ago, but it wasn't for safety reasons. Just for people being morons - if the fabric gets wet and you don't dry it or wash it, it may mildew.
It wasn't people necessarily being morons. Many of the girls in my group had washed theirs, thought that it was dry (because it felt dry to the touch) and when they went to check it later, it was mildewed. The problem wasn't with the fabric. It was with the foam underneath holding moisture. One of the girl didn't even use hers because the baby hated it and it mildewed simply being in her humid house in Hawaii. Recalls, are usually because there's a problem with the product and less likely for stupidity (the Bumbo recalls being an exception to that rule). I hope that Fisher Price found a better material to put under something that will constantly be prone to getting wet.
ChicaChels likes this.

June 7th, 2013, 07:00 AM
strong mama <3
My sister loved her rock and play! I plan on getting one for baby to use when sleeping in my room...I usually keep them in my room for a few months until the nighttime feedings because less often...If the rock and play doesn't work I'll just use my pack and play
June 7th, 2013, 07:25 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a bassinet that I'll use for the first few months then after that he/she will sleep in the crib. I usually co-sleep but my daughter is still sleeping with me and she is far too much of a kicker to let an infant sleep with us. Once the baby gets older he/she is welcome to come sleep with us. I feel bad about it but it's for her/his safety. The same thing happened with DS1 and DS2, they were close in age so DS2 did the bassinet for a few months then the crib until he was a year old then they both were in bed with me. It worked out well.

I am considering one of those Rock and Plays so that baby can nap out in the family room during the day.

June 7th, 2013, 09:25 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
If we don't move I will have to open a draw and he/she will sleep in that. Lol

Flynn is still in our bed, he is only 18 months, and I feel bad kicking him out. I don't know what we will do. California King?

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
June 7th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
They will sleep in bassinets in our room and then in cribs in their own (shared) room. I haven't liked any of the bassinets I've seen at Babies R Us so far. I'm looking for one that's not so modern and high tech. And all the ones I've seen are gigantic. They're going to take up a ton of room. I don't need storage underneath and I don't care if it has a mobile or not. I'll have to do some more searching online for simple, elegant bassinets. I'm also a little stumped on having something on the first floor for them to nap in. Maybe a pack and play or just in swings. Lots to think about!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search