What's the rudest comment anyone has made to you so far during this pregnancy?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree31Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2013, 05:19 AM
well i suppose ive had a couple..."dont be too upset it its another boy" yeah, thanks for that..i wasnt even that worried about gender at first but now fter all the girl comments its made me desperate for one..which is awful as im worried ill get gender dissapointment..and the usual..dont eat for two u know u cant gain too much weigth as ur a big girl already...oh f*ck off mate! lol
June 13th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
"You had another baby from IVF? That baby is a sin and God will not accept it" - FIL

Well good thing we are not religious and don't have to worry about that!!! And you wonder why ALL NINE of your grand kids call you Grandpa A-hole. Keep going to church every Saturday there FIL 'for your children's sins' you might want to think about GOING FOR YOUR OWN!!!
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
June 13th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think the only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was some about if we were just going to keep going with having kids indefinitely until we have a girl. Huh? Nope.

I haven't told many people yet though so that reduces the comments
hugssandi likes this.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
June 13th, 2013, 05:36 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH Oriyan!!! Can I please call your Grandfather?
summerbaby1 likes this.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 13th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Its my father in law actually, and I don't even speak to him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
June 13th, 2013, 06:43 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Samantha- you should tell him that it's a sin to judge and he should go blank himself!

My mother has told me numerous times that I really need to be watching what I eat because I don't want to "blow up like a blimp this time."

For the record, I had Pre-E with DD, not that that's an excuse but it's definitely a reason.

June 13th, 2013, 07:19 AM
haha omg there really are some tw*ts out there
June 13th, 2013, 07:45 AM
emilybobemily's Avatar Regular
"Your face is getting fat"

way to make a gal feel attractive. >.<
June 13th, 2013, 09:12 AM
My FIL sends us articles in highly catholic newspapers about how IVF is a sin and what not. He also says our son was born early because we were married in January 2009 and had him in July 2009.

The kicker to this all, is back in 2008 when we first did IVF -- he gave us 4 grand to use however we wanted (it was a gift). We used it for IVF
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 13th, 2013, 09:18 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriyan View Post
"You had another baby from IVF? That baby is a sin and God will not accept it" - FIL

Well good thing we are not religious and don't have to worry about that!!! And you wonder why ALL NINE of your grand kids call you Grandpa A-hole. Keep going to church every Saturday there FIL 'for your children's sins' you might want to think about GOING FOR YOUR OWN!!!
Woah!!! that comment really leaves a bad taste in my mouth, i'm sorry but what an A-hole.

I had no idea anyone had those kind of thoughts

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
June 13th, 2013, 09:38 AM
He is an a-hole. He knows it. This is the same man who told his wife who was dying of cancer that when she lost her hair she was ugly. He seriously has no filter between his brain and mouth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 13th, 2013, 10:02 AM
i have no words....apart from what a w+nker ..poor u and poor his wife ! love the four grand bit htough i hope u told him he paid for ur "sin" hahahah
aghhhhh people like that make me so angry! like that stupid baptist church that hate all gays and say breast cancer is a savouir and wone deserve it ugh! ....fyi..i cant spell saivour? savoiur? no idea
hugssandi likes this.
June 13th, 2013, 11:37 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL~Savior, and I've seen Saviour, too, though it registers as misspelled. We in the west tend to put God in a box, don't we?
summerbaby1 likes this.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 13th, 2013, 11:43 AM
'You should get married so God will smile down on you'. Bite me.
ErinBoshnyak1985 likes this.
June 13th, 2013, 12:23 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
God doesn't need to see a piece of paper to prove marriage. He knows what is in your heart. The End.

June 13th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Veteran
wow ladies these are awful!! im so sorry ....
the worst one I had was ...well it was to my hubby, cus he had a vasectomy and he healed back, a co workeré good friend of his asked if he is going to get a blood test done.

June 13th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
The only thing that really made me mad was when Chris and I decided to announce on Facebook. We had both told close family and friends who we wanted to tell right away a few weeks later I made a post about our almost three year struggle with infertility and we were finally expecting our miracle. Chris's half sister, who he didnt grow up with and doesnt ever talk to, messaged him and said "He could have told me to leave it off facebook until he told his family." He let her know he had called the people he wanted to know right away and that it was a joint decision to post it. She never called him about her pregnancy and he found out through FB. We thought it was a great way of letting everyone else know since thats how we keep in touch with most ppl anyway. Not too bad, but really rubbed me wrong.. way to make our good news about you and act as though I would just randomly make that announcement without his knowledge and permission

Last edited by Jodimarie; June 13th, 2013 at 04:29 PM.
June 13th, 2013, 07:49 PM
mamakelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my 12 week appointment I was so excited to hear the heartbeat - well we didn't find it. My MIL asked how the appointment was and I told her we couldn't find a heartbeat this time but we shouldn't panic yet. She then said "Well...It is what it is!" Just a little too cheery!
All my husbands family has been very negative about this pregnancy to my face but super sweet about it on fb - annoying! I haven't had to deal with some comments like you ladies but the grunts and negative sighs are getting really old when I even mention anything about baby!
Sorry you all had to deal with those things.

June 15th, 2013, 11:13 AM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
The two rudest were accidents that I can forgive:
My uncle said "You are going to be a whale of a mother" of course I knew what he meant....
my mom texted me (fml autocorrect): "Wakey Whaley" then she texted "I mean wakey wakey"
ARGH!!!

Also I want people to stop telling me I have to give my child a sibling.....Because this pregnancy happened with only a little effort, I feel confident now that if we do choose to have another, we will do NTNP and see what happens. And if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I don't HAVE to have another for the kid's sake.

Happy April Fools Day on me!!! @ 17DPO

Read My Journal! http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ttle-newt.html
Belly Pics! Updated Weekly!!!http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...elly-pics.html

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search