What's the rudest comment anyone has made to you so far during this pregnancy?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree31Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2013, 01:29 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
?

June 12th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Regular
32 is too old to have a baby, you should get an abortion... by a friendly co worker
June 12th, 2013, 02:13 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WTH? Way inappropriate. In what universe is 32 too old to have babies? Advanced maternal age isn't until 35. The co-worker sounds like an ignorant idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_2boys View Post
32 is too old to have a baby, you should get an abortion... by a friendly co worker
ErinBoshnyak1985 likes this.

June 12th, 2013, 02:19 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well if we hurry we could get you married within 6 weeks so your grandparents will approve
June 12th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Super Mommy
My sweet father said ill end up homeless and on welfare after I have the baby.

June 12th, 2013, 02:55 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW! Lovin' the silence ovah here....

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 12th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Wow! I've never gotten anything like that! (hugs) to you ladies dealing with rude people!

The worst I've ever gotten was at 37 weeks with Cora. I had a little old lady tell me I couldn't possibly be 3 weeks from my due date, that the doctors must be mistaken or there was something wrong with my baby because I was just too small. I calmly told her I'd thrown up every one of those 37 weeks, so I knew how far I was, and my baby was FINE. And then I went into the break room of where I was working and cried. Who tells a pregnant woman something must be wrong with her baby??

June 12th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My dear mother tells me my pregnancy hormones are out of control and I need go control my emotions when I'm not upset or emotional which then pisses me off and then she really sees my pregnancy hormones!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

June 12th, 2013, 04:06 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
When someone asked how I was feeling this pregnancy, I told her I think it's the worst one yet as far as morning sickness and fatigue were concerned. She then said "Man, I'll bet you wish your second had been a boy so you could have closed up shop." Uh no, crazypants. I don't wish my awesome little girl had been a boy. Jerk.
*Leah* and ErinBoshnyak1985 like this.

June 12th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Whoa! 32 is not too old. The worst i got was from my own mom. She told me I don't look good. Well gee thanks, I guess thats what HG does to you. She also said that three kids is too many despite the fact she had 3 of her own!
June 12th, 2013, 04:30 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
"you should have an abortion" by family. family which i no longer talk too.

mama i'm sorry you also got that comment

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
June 12th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I am so sorry for some of the inconsiderate comments you ladies have been getting!!

My mother poked me in my upper abdomen (which isn't part of my baby bump) and said "This is getting bigger!"

I also have a coworker who doesn't know that I'm pregnant constantly talking behind my back. I was out sick two days in a row with a sinus infection and he was telling everyone that I must be pregnant and he was concerned about me going on maternity leave. Mind your own business. I know when I tell everyone at work he's going to be like "I knew it!" No you didn't, pal.
June 12th, 2013, 04:49 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
"Oh, I hope it's a little girl!" This has been said to me multiple times, and while it seems like no big deal, it REALLY gets on my nerves. WHY does it matter? It makes me crazy.
That and people commenting on what I eat. I am pregnant. I eat more often,than I did before and I bring more food to work than I did before; thank you for pointing that out.
Nothing over the top nasty, mostly just the small annoying things.

Make a pregnancy ticker

June 12th, 2013, 04:59 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nobody has said anything extremely rude to me...yet. I am very outspoken, so most people know that I would shoot right back if they did.

The most obnoxious comment is, "Let's hope you get your girl so you can be done!"

First of all "get your girl" is stupid. Nobody is owed a certain gender at all.

Second, I really don't care what gender my baby is and that has no bearing on the number of kids I will have. I have two close friends with babies that were perfectly fine when they were born, but died at 1 month and 3 months, respectively. One of meningitis and one of suffocation in his crib. I am not about to be picky about gender. It just sounds so petty.

A couple of people have said, "AGAIN, so soon?" We'll, duh. Yes! DS will be 23 months when this baby is born and, news flash people, I will be 36. So it is not too soon for another!

June 12th, 2013, 05:05 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anybodyinthere View Post

The most obnoxious comment is, "Let's hope you get your girl so you can be done!"

First of all "get your girl" is stupid. Nobody is owed a certain gender at all.
to this!! I have heard "get your girl" so many times!! Grrrrr!!!!!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker

June 12th, 2013, 05:15 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry, (((((DDBuds))))). These are horrendous!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 12th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Veteran
I was just a little bit "under weight" a month or so ago & my boss told me I looked like a meth head. I thought that was pretty rude.

June 12th, 2013, 05:44 PM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
Wow...I swear ya'll I'd have to clock somebody if they said that within my earshot. The worst comment award still goes to FNP "Melissa" ..."oh you weren't trying to have a baby, and there's no heartbeat? Well don't take it too hard honey you're young and you can have plenty more." Two weeks later and my lil peanut has a hb of 150....I'm going to find out where she lives and let my child drop a deuce in her yard for their birthday every year lol.

June 12th, 2013, 07:32 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I think the rudest is asking if we used fertility drugs, or the nicer version which is "do twins run in your family?"

They actually do, so I just answer yes to skip the judgement and even ruder remarks.

June 13th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_2boys View Post
omg i would have lost the plot and smacked them in the face lol..im a tad agressive towards rude idiots

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search