On fire (ot)

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By redbirds

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2013, 07:43 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
My poor state I live in the mountains of CO, just west of Colorado Springs. We've been "attacked" by fire for several summers now, and the attack is at it again. Last year, the west side of Colorado Springs lost over 300 homes and I think close to 10,000 acres and we were on pre-evac. Right now, there's an area called Black Forest, which was our second choice to live, which is burning under fire. It has so many GORGEOUS parade of home homes, homes that have 5+ acreage lots and beautiful subdivisions with space for kids. It's burning I think nearly 100 homes have been devoured by this animal and it's about 9000 acres burned and 0 containment.

There are two other fires also burning in our vicinity but they are further away, smaller and nearly contained.

If you pray, please pray that we get rain and that these fires die down with the efforts of all involved. Pray that no one else loses their home or their livelihood. It's just so sad.

We were minutes from losing our home in 2002 when the Haymen Fire swept through our area. It was 132,000 acres burned and we were evacuated for 2 weeks. It's no fun.
summerbaby1 likes this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
June 13th, 2013, 07:54 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
We've been trying to move to Colorado Springs for about 3 years now. DH has family that lives out there and currently my BIL's wife's dad's house is in danger. I'm just heartbroken for all the families out there who have lost their houses over the last few years. I can't imagine losing everything you have all the way down to the sentimental items. I hope you all get some rain soon. I know the first responders could use a break for sure.

June 13th, 2013, 07:58 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have anything to add but I'm so so sorry for the people in your area and I will be praying. Good luck!

June 13th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Saying prayers for rain and relief from those terrible fires! Stay safe out there!

June 13th, 2013, 09:13 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sending prayers. Thats so sad

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
June 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for y'all with a heavy heart.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 13th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
We're covered in smoke over here in Littleton, too. No real fire danger right now, but one last year got just a couple miles from us.

According to 9 news, there's 7 wildfires across the state right now.

June 13th, 2013, 12:57 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Update as of this morning: 360+ homes in the Black Forest area are gone What a horrific night last night. I am just devastated. We are surrounded by national forest ourselves. Literally. So, I'm just freaking out again.

Can't we get one blessed summer with RAIN and a heavy snow winter to prevent this crap?

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
June 13th, 2013, 01:19 PM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
Fire, tornadoes, all kinds of awful stuff...I just found out today that one of my co-worker's five year old grandson is missing....just horrible! Praying that God sends peace upon us all soon.

June 13th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Praying, Hope you all get some rain soon! so sad.
June 13th, 2013, 07:21 PM
mamakelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My family is praying!
We were just up at Canyon City, CO for my brother-in-laws wedding the end of May. Its so sad to see it burning up.

June 13th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wildfires and so scary! In the past 4 years my sister almost lost her home twice due to them. Hopefully they get all of them near you under control and I'm praying for rain!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

June 13th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Thats awefull Praying for some rain!

June 13th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Coincidently we had one close to us tonight. This was about 2 miles from my home and was contained quickly. Wildfires are so scary!

Saratoga Springs wildfire contained | FOX13Now.com

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search