Is there anyone who...

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree44Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2013, 07:39 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2boys View Post
thank you SurferRosa... I was extremely insulted reading this...and also though it was VERY insensitive to write this post two seconds after commenting on mine. and all of you who were so supportive in my post come right over here and be so judgmental as if I can't read it.....

i honestly thought you started this post - i didnt realize we had two members with the same username. im sorry - sincerely sorry - and i wanted to add that the reason we wouldn't terminate is my husband is incredibly catholic and would never be okay with that. i never pass judgement on people who make different decisions than me, because im not the one living in that circumstance. but i sincerely apologize and i thought this was you inquiring. i truly am sorry.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 16th, 2013, 07:45 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Hugssandi, While I see what you're saying, the fact that someone created a name in order to look like our DDC sister, I feel like it was an attempt to open the door to make judgments anonymously. The question has been asked in the past and I'm sure it wouldn't have been taken as inappropriately if there had been some time given. Being posted right on the back of mama2boys announcement made it come across as inappropriate.

I really hope that it was just a coincidence, but having been on the boards for 3 years and seeing some horrible things said under the cover of anonymity, I'm cynical at best.

I also hope that if this was fueled by some superior religious judgment that the person go back and look at the founder of their religion. I don't know a single one that condones being nasty to someone when you disagree with their decision or kicking them when they're down. In fact, most would encourage compassion and love, not hate and judgment.

Last edited by feythful; June 16th, 2013 at 07:52 AM.
June 16th, 2013, 08:09 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anybodyinthere View Post
I agree that this post is in poor taste and the similairity of names was not lost on anyone. NOT the time or place!
Her account was made in April, before the offendeds account... Either case, i'm sure we have more then one mother of 2 boys.
Leogirl and blakesgirl09 like this.

Last edited by HorseGal; June 16th, 2013 at 08:42 AM.
June 16th, 2013, 08:12 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
While the joining date was April, it is also possible to change your username... It is a common thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseGal View Post
Her account was made in April... i'm sure we have more then one mother of 2 boys.

June 16th, 2013, 08:32 AM
strong mama <3
I did notice the similar username although I do think that is a coincidence... and I'm not saying I am angry that people posted their opinions which didn't agree with my decision- I am a grown adult I know people are going to disagree and there are many who would do things differently (as there are also made who have made the same decision as me)

but like other mothers have pointed out...its the fact that she had to post the thread right on top of my thread, literally she commented on my thread and then right away started the other one... thats what was rude, obviously I was going to see it...

she could have waited!
HonestMamma likes this.
June 16th, 2013, 08:46 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm okay with our mama2boys (and others) being upset. I am okay in thinking it might have been in poor taste. I'm not okay with the OP being villainized (UGH my spelling) for a lapse in judgment. I did the very same thing when people were posting about gender, because it was fresh on my mind, and I was feeling alone in not wanting to find out. Maybe that's selfish? But it's not evil, and I don't think it warrants action against the person.

If there is indeed a troll, then of course I would be infuriated. I'm not ready to accuse everybody and anybody to find them though. You are all welcome to tell me you told me so if this is a troll situation, and I will do my best to eat humble pie.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 16th, 2013, 08:47 AM
strong mama <3
and lets me honest, nobody would come right out and be like oh yea I'd terminate...because I would NEVER have said that either, or have dreamed I'd be doing this...so basically there's the tread about me terminating my pregnancy and then right on top of it a thread with everyone saying how they would never do....that makes me out to look like a monster and make me feel horrible...

HorseGal you even went as far as to say " I made the decision to make this child and I'll be here for it no matter what i get. If I wasn't prepared for that then i wouldn't have made it." This isn't about me being able to deal with it- its me thinking about the quality of life for my child and for the two children I already have. I have never gotten an abortion before- it takes a lot of nerve to imply I shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place if I wasn't able to "deal" with having a disabled child. shame on you for that.
NCRG2010 likes this.
June 16th, 2013, 08:51 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't believe that post you're referring to was about YOU at all though, mama2boys. It was about HER and probably how she would have described herself before she ever knew you existed.
blakesgirl09 likes this.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 16th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Super Mommy
Bad timing, yes. I honestly don't think she was posting this with malicious intent. Well, I hope not. I think many people that say they wouldn't terminate don't know until put in that position. I don't judge you or think you are being selfish. Your decision is a very personal one to make. Everyone has their own beliefs and what they would or wouldn't do. It's all relative.

I'm sorry this thread added to your grief in anyway. Even though I didnt comment I still know you are going through a terrible time. There have been many post that were posted right after someone announced a loss, I don't think it was meant to be hurtful to you.
hugssandi likes this.

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search