Sunday Style

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2013, 02:24 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
On a normal day where you don't have to work and you're not participating in anything that requires a certain style of dress, what are your go-to comfortable clothes?

Do you put on makeup and spend more than 5 minutes styling your hair?

Do you consider yourself a brand name fashionista or more of a "I buy all my clothes at Walmart and Target" kind of gal?

June 16th, 2013, 02:29 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like jeans and versatile, cute tops. Sandals if at all possible, or Toms.

I have to wear concealer and foundation because I'm a ruddy faced redhead and I look like I've been in a sauna without makeup! And mascara because my eyelashes are very pale.

I have a mix of brand name and budget friendly clothes. I'm a fan of Banana Republic and Fossil (they sell clothes!) but I have found the cutest things at Target, Old Navy and F21. The one thing I don't buy often (compared to most women) is shoes. I hate shoe shopping!

June 16th, 2013, 03:58 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
No fashionista here. I buy what fits, and at 6'1", that's rarely anything off the shelf of a "normal" store.

On my time off, I am OK in sweats or yoga pants and hoodies or whatever works! When I have babies spitting up on me, I just wear whatever I can that I don't mind getting dirty or washing a million times.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
June 16th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
On a normal day where you don't have to work and you're not participating in anything that requires a certain style of dress, what are your go-to comfortable clothes? T-shirt and jeans. Or jammy pants. lol

Do you put on makeup and spend more than 5 minutes styling your hair? Pretty much never.

Do you consider yourself a brand name fashionista or more of a "I buy all my clothes at Walmart and Target" kind of gal? I literally buy all my clothes at Target.

June 16th, 2013, 04:45 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I'm a jeans girl, but I typically pair it with baby doll style shirts and more dressed up shirts. I can be found in sandals almost all year long.

I rarely put on makeup and when I do, it's mascara, eye liner and eye shadow. I never spend very long on my hair. It's down to my waist now, so it usually gets put in a braid, bun or ponytail.

Most of my clothing comes from Walmart or a small clothing chain called Cato. I have a couple shirts from Lane Bryant, but they're so expensive. Brand name clothing isn't typically made in my size, so the choice seems to have been made for me.

June 16th, 2013, 05:50 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On a normal day where you don't have to work and you're not participating in anything that requires a certain style of dress, what are your go-to comfortable clothes? yoga pants and a tshirt.

Do you put on makeup and spend more than 5 minutes styling your hair?sometimes, my hair is really thick and wavy. so it takes like 20-30 to do my hair, so usually no.

Do you consider yourself a brand name fashionista or more of a "I buy all my clothes at Walmart and Target" kind of gal? i buy all my clothes onthe sale rack of walmart or target lol.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
June 16th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I try to get dressed nicely everyday. I will not do sweatpants and tees Only because I feel like a slob

I blow my hair out at least four times a week or style it curly

Makeup always. Not heavy but definitely done
June 16th, 2013, 10:15 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
in the summer i prefer skirts and tanks, in the winter i like skinny jeans and uggs and a sweater....i blow dry my hair every time i shower, which is usually every other day or my skin and hair get way too dry, and i put makeup on probably 75% of the time, at least mascara and lipgloss....i usually shop at old navy for shirts because i dont like anything too fancy, and i get my jeans at lane bryant usually

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 17th, 2013, 01:34 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jeans and a t-shirt typically because I live on a farm. Usually if I planned on seeing anyone I would wear a girl cut top or some tank tops or something, but this year I'm to big for them already since I get huge while pregnant and normally i have a flat tummy.

I rarely if ever wear make up. Other then breaking out i don't really need it.

I get clothes where ever. Typically Rue21 and Maurices.
June 17th, 2013, 04:25 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yoga pants or a skirt and a huge tee. If I'm going out I fix the hair and put on a little make-up. OH~and a foundation garment. :/ My favorite thing is to find something at the thrift store, though I have several really nice outfits I found at Maxway for $15.

I grew up having the best of everything. Different circumstances! LOL! And I'm happier, so....

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 17th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Super Mommy
On a normal day where you don't have to work and you're not participating in anything that requires a certain style of dress, what are your go-to comfortable clothes? on weekend and my day off I stay in my pj's whole day.

Do you put on makeup and spend more than 5 minutes styling your hair? nope.. my hair is long so I just brush it and leave it open.

Do you consider yourself a brand name fashionista or more of a "I buy all my clothes at Walmart and Target" kind of gal? anywhere I find cute clothes.

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search