How to spend a weekend.

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2013, 05:01 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
So yesterday I started cramping that feels like contractions and won't quit. I drank a ton of water and called the doctor. He told me nothing could be done and to call him in the morning if they were still happening. After a long night of waking up all night I still had them at noon today so I called. Being the super amazing OB he is he called me back and said 'meet me at the office in 40-45 minutes.' So I met him and he did an ultrasound. Everything is fine cervix not dilating at all. Baby was looking good and doctor said baby is a little boy.

Honestly I was really wanting a girl after my two boys so I have a little bit of disappointment and am honestly hoping he is wrong. For now though I am just focusing on he is healthy and all this cramping is not causing any progress. 3 more weeks until the anatomy scan when I will probably being going to return some dresses.

June 16th, 2013, 05:20 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I'm glad that you have such an awesome OB. Offering to see you at the office on a Sunday and doing an u/s is well beyond what many would do.

I hear you on the gender disappointment. My husband says "just don't worry about it", like it's THAT easy for us. It's so hard with the hormones making our feeling THAT much more intense. I moped for a month when I found out dd2 was a girl. If this one is a girl, I'll be in the same boat with you. Just think. In 7 months, we'll be thrilled that there is a happy, healthy baby here and less concerned over the gender.

June 16th, 2013, 05:46 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm happy everything was good, and thats amazing on the part of your ob!

sorry about the disapointment, who knows maybe the anatomy scan will say something else.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
June 16th, 2013, 06:01 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
((HUGS))
Sorry about the cramping! I hope they do settle and you get more peace and are able to enjoy the pregnancy without worries about that! I agree, your OB is wonderful!

I have to empathize with the gender disappointment, as I still feel it. In fact, I think I'm in total denial from BOTH the NT scan and the bloodwork that say girl. Logically, it's hard to refute both things with such high accuracy rates, but I still am praying the anatomy scan in July has me as one of the few who've proven the tests wrong on gender.

Hang in there!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
June 16th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope your cramping goes away. Feel better
June 16th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Cramping always scares me. I'm glad to hear everything is fine with baby! Sorry about the gender disappointment Hopefully it is too early to tell for sure.

June 16th, 2013, 07:16 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I really do have an amazing OB. I often have 3-5 hour waits for appointments but for a doctor who has two kids to check me in the office on Father's Day rather than just say to to the ER. He also played around a little and got me a bunch of pictures and it was his idea to check the gender. He told me to have the nurses check for a UTI tomorrow when I get my shot because that might be causing the cramping so hopefully that is it or it goes away on it's own.

I have also decided to get rid of all my boys old stuff and get new stuff unless it is something I love. Figure if I can buy some cute little boy stuff maybe I can get more excited then digging the same old stuff out of boxes. Besides I had a summer baby and a preemie sized baby who is just now at 16 months fitting 9 months well I am sure the clothes will not be seasonally appropriate for Spot (Chuck had better figure out a good name I already used both of mine.)

June 16th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm so glad he got you in and that everything looks okay!

I hear you on the gender disappointment though. This is our last one, and I think I'm going to feel it either way. :/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search