How did pregnancy change your body?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2013, 04:50 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've seen random posts here of different girls talking about how pregnancy changed their body with their previous pregnancies, what is a few of the post pregnancy changes you saw and what do you dislike the most?!?!

FTM- what are your excitement or fears with the changes happening to your body?

Here's my example. Some changes post pregnancy to my body was my white stretch marks, my c/s scar and my belly button never returned to being an inny.

The stretch marks are nearly invisible. No one notices the c/s scar unless i point it out. My belly button is what I hate! I hope it sinks back in this time.
June 18th, 2013, 05:11 AM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
My DF loves my "new" boobs...however I regret all the times I wished for bigger boobs, because now the girls aren't looking as perky as they used to. Oh and I'm also getting used to my belly making my butt look smaller lol.

June 18th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
My only real change was I carry weight differently now. I got back to pre-pregnancy weight, but I carry more in my stomach and thighs than I did before. I didnt get stretch marks or anything.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
June 18th, 2013, 06:11 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My boobs were already big and they got bigger! Didn't need that lol! They have stayed that way even after weaning. If they get even bigger this time, I'm going to cry!

I returned to pre preg weight by about 3 months thanks to breastfeeding which doesn't do it for everyone but worked for me. But then after weaning, I gained back 10 pounds because I kept eating the same calories...oopsie lol!

The main body change isn't visible to others. I have laxity of ligaments and tissues now that have caused me to have a partial uterine prolapse. Basically, things are reaaaaalllly low. It doesn't affect intercourse or cause me discomfort or anything, but it's definitely there. Some people have it much much worse so I can't complain THAT much.

June 18th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anybodyinthere View Post
My boobs were already big and they got bigger! Didn't need that lol! They have stayed that way even after weaning. If they get even bigger this time, I'm going to cry!

I returned to pre preg weight by about 3 months thanks to breastfeeding which doesn't do it for everyone but worked for me. But then after weaning, I gained back 10 pounds because I kept eating the same calories...oopsie lol!

My boobs SHRUNK after my milk dried up

and i stayed 5 pounds under my pre preg weight. i think mainly because i stopped drinking sodas while pregnant and never got back into drinking any alcohol.
June 18th, 2013, 06:49 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well this is going to be quite graphic, and y'all must be skinny minnies compared to me. I was WAY smaller the first go-round, but I'm very solid and have never been itty bitty. My first pregnancy I gained 60 pounds, and afterward? All that belly that was full of baby slid down and hung down in front of my my lady bits. GROSS! OH GROSS!!!! I was TOTALLY not prepared for that....

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 18th, 2013, 07:07 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I gained 50 lbs with my first 2, 35 with my last. I always get back down to a size 2 but the skin gets so stretched out that my belly is never the same. I could care less about stretch marks but the loose skin sucks. My belly button is messed up too! I guess it's still an innie but much bigger, ew.
Also, my boobs basically disappeared. I was a decent b/c. Got REALLY big with my first. I just went through my maternity stuff and I had 38 DD!!! They look so big! Anyway, by the time I was done nursing my 3rd, I am BARELY an A. That is the worst. Right now mine have grown this pregnancy to about a small B and I love it. I wish I could keep them (sniff sniff). I totally didn't expect to lose my boobs. The other stuff, sure, fine whatever. But dammit!! I put those things to work for basically 3 solid years, and maybe they just can't take it anymore, lol.
June 18th, 2013, 07:13 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Deflated boobs after breastfeeding! Looking good now at 12 weeks pregnant but I know they are going to be some sorry boobies when this is all over!
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
June 18th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
My hips got wider. I always went down to my prepregnancy weight, and my pants fit everywhere else, but I couldn't get them zipped. It took me a while to find jeans that actually fit me. lol

June 18th, 2013, 07:30 AM
mommy-of-one's Avatar Veteran
I wouldn't say I really have any "physical" differences, other than my c section scar (no stretch marks, boobs went back to how small they were before, all that jazz...)
Now, as for health...
My thyroid was normal pre-DD, but after it is all out of whack and underactive. Also, I have no feeling from my belly button to my csection scar, basically i tested it out with my hair straightener, and I could barely feel the heat of it... pinching, does nothing...
I developed a form of IBS after DD, basically I go like crazy for a day then don't go for more than a week at a time...
Im sure there is more Im just not thinking right right now!!

Thank you to Peimum for my AMAZING siggy!

June 18th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy-of-one View Post
I wouldn't say I really have any "physical" differences, other than my c section scar (no stretch marks, boobs went back to how small they were before, all that jazz...)
Now, as for health...
My thyroid was normal pre-DD, but after it is all out of whack and underactive. Also, I have no feeling from my belly button to my csection scar, basically i tested it out with my hair straightener, and I could barely feel the heat of it... pinching, does nothing...
I developed a form of IBS after DD, basically I go like crazy for a day then don't go for more than a week at a time...
Im sure there is more Im just not thinking right right now!!
I think you would have rather had the physical stuff!!! Yikes. Hopefully this pregnancy doesn't change anything else, or evern better, puts some stuff back to normal.

If it makes you feel better one of my first DDC's group members, her 2nd c/s caused her favorite 'lady parts' to go nunb
June 18th, 2013, 10:06 AM
morgan'smom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got stretch marks everywhere. I mean legs, arms, boobs, stomach everywhere *sigh* and they grew with each pregnancy, awesome
June 18th, 2013, 10:14 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I went up a full size in shoes and had to discard my whole collection of shoes after my first kid. Fortunately, they did not get any bigger after #2.

June 18th, 2013, 10:33 AM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing really. I have had bp issues since my first pregnancy, but high bp runs in my family anyways so that was destined to happen one way or another. I actually got to my largest weight after my miscarriage in 2009 from being depressed. I was bigger last year than I was 9 months with either of my children. Thankfully I lost 20 lbs before getting pregnant this time, but I am still larger than I was at 9 months with both my boys.

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search