What is your method when someone posts something

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2013, 02:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
And you want to yell b$llsh$t ? Or is it just me who feels that way lol do you just ignore the post and move on? Obviously you don't want to be confrontational but sometimes it gets really bad on boards.
June 21st, 2013, 04:00 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I think it depends. If it's something harmless or a one time thing, I typically ignore it. If it is upsetting people or attempting to take advantage of the sympathy and trust of the other girls, I tend to respond to it but not necessarily in a confrontational way. If it's an ongoing problem, like with a troll, I tend to call it out. I know there are people out there looking for attention, but I hate it when someone uses a forum like this to take advantage of the good and trusting natures of others.
Jodimarie likes this.

June 21st, 2013, 04:37 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRG2010 View Post
And you want to yell b$llsh$t ? Or is it just me who feels that way lol do you just ignore the post and move on? Obviously you don't want to be confrontational but sometimes it gets really bad on boards.
Depends on the situation... and my hormones
June 21st, 2013, 04:39 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am pretty nave, so I don't often feel that way. Especially after seeing what's already gone down here, I would be loathe to think I know what's going on with someone else, and I would hate to think that someone thought it with me!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 21st, 2013, 04:50 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It depends. If I don't think I can be a little diplomatic I skip over it. If I feel like I can respond with at least some tact, I'll respond. On this board anyways. On the other forum I belong to I call ppl out because it's more of a free for all there.

June 21st, 2013, 05:38 AM
mommy-of-one's Avatar Veteran
My mom always said, If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!!
So, I try really hard not to post on things I find suspicious, if I do I tend to try a positive post first, then from there see where my hormones and mood take me...

Sometimes though, I will just pick a few to read and post on, bc I am normally on here while I am at work, so not too much time to browse!! So, I don't always get to see the shady posts as they show up!

Thank you to Peimum for my AMAZING siggy!

June 21st, 2013, 06:20 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
It depends on my mood.

Sometimes I ignore it. Other times I try and nicely call it out. Then there are my bad days where I just tell it the way it is.

I can't stand being lied to. I can't stand when people think I and others are dumb enough to believe their BS. So more often than not I call it nicely or not.
bajars2531 likes this.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
June 21st, 2013, 06:59 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let's just say, knowledge is power, lol! People usually do a good job of letting you know if they are full of it/lying/exaggerating if you keep your eyes open.

Oh and if I see that someone is being dishonest in a hurtful and irresponsible way, I definitely call them out...as I did on another board on JM earlier this week.
swade66 likes this.

Last edited by anybodyinthere; June 21st, 2013 at 08:08 AM.
June 21st, 2013, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I usually ignore it and if I do post, it's something on the nicer side just to be nice
bundle2baby likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

June 21st, 2013, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I tend to ignore and stay away from drama. Life is stressful enough, I'm not interested in getting involved in other people's drama (especially online). Just my personal experience, but I guess it depends on the situation (particularly if it's hurting other people).

June 21st, 2013, 09:09 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just ignore it and move on. If a person is a troll they want your attention and want to cause disruption. They like seeing you get upset. Don't feed them and they will go away. If you feel that someone is a troll or that a post is inappropriate you should hit the report button. The mods will take care of.

It's important to not try and "deal" with it yourself. It can end up back firing on you and you'll end up with a banned account yourself due to verbal attack or hate speech. Remember there is an ignore function as well.
bundle2baby and summerbaby1 like this.

June 21st, 2013, 12:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally don't participate in things that are controversial. I do not like adding fuel to the fire, lol
ImVictorious likes this.
June 21st, 2013, 12:24 PM
Super Mommy
There have been a few post I sense are BS. But I'm just a naturally suspicious person. Lol I try to be tactful, but if the BS is reeking I must say sumn. Most times I let it go tho. I've been warned not to stir the pot by the mods so I keep a low profile lol.

June 21st, 2013, 12:41 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
I wont be the first person to say something on posts like that and try to avoid posts with conflicts lol I usually find them after they have been called out though so i am not very good at weeding out the trolls haha

June 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I am really feeling like there was a purpose to this and now I am so curious!!!

As for ignoring trolls. The problem with that approach is there are people out there who couldn't spot one if they smacked them in the face. They could get suckered in and invested in sob stories and even taken advantage of financially.

There are also ones, like from my last DDC, who steal real stories and pictures and pass them off as their own. This not only hurts the people who believe them but also the people whose story they stole.

Who can just quietly sit by and allow that to go on? I would never feel right ignoring that. And sorry to the kids but they don't always have the time or inclination to dig as deep as needed for exposure.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
June 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
i'm curious too! lol

June 21st, 2013, 01:42 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm also curious...

I don't have the energy to post in threads with drama though. I tend to just ignore it.
SweetiePeas likes this.

June 21st, 2013, 04:57 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Curiosity killed the cat but I'm also one of the curious ones!! I'd like to think that I don't stir the pot and that I'm diplomatic as well but I really think it depends on the topic and\or situation. If I truly know something is inaccurate, I feel the need to correct the post but if its really not something that I have a ton of insight on, if rather stay out of it.

June 21st, 2013, 05:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lmao i was reading something on another board. Nothing to do with ours. Sorry!!! I just want to yell bullsh$t but I don't like starting stuff. But believe me I am yelling it at home lmao
June 21st, 2013, 06:12 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess it depends what its about really.. i tend to try not to cause any arguements.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search