Nt scan results

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
my beautiful baby!

So according to LMP I should be 13 weeks zero days today. According to my seven-week ultrasound where I was measuring one day ahead I should be 13 weeks one day. Today's scan I was 13 weeks six days making my crown rump length bigger. The scan results came in with a reading of 2.7 MM. I had done some reading before we left and I have read that anywhere up to 3 mM is considered normal. However I feel a little on easy because I am on the high-end of normal. When the doctor went over the results with me he told me he had absolutely no concern at this point about the scan. He said he was very comfortable with what he saw him the results of the actual scan. He did not mention the absence of a nasal bone and it is visible on the ultrasound. So that is a good thing. I guess it's just my own nerves given my age of 41 in the four previous miscarriages I had that were all said to be caused by either chromosomal abnormalities or just old eggs. I guess I'm concerned because everybody else's reading seems to be either less than two or just above two. Does 2.7 sound like it's still okay to all of you? I know I should feel comfortable because my doctor showed absolutely no concern with it whatsoever but I just can't help but worry. I'm also wondering why I am measuring six days ahead. I am very surprised by that. Anyone else measuring ahead? I did have the level one blood test done which I won't hear results back for at least a week, but declined the level to at this point because it is not covered by insurance and it does cost $200 out-of-pocket. There was a wonderful heartbeat of 151 and everything else looks great as you can see by my beautiful picture I guess I'm just really nervous so any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated thanks

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together

Last edited by Papasgirl; June 21st, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
June 21st, 2013, 03:21 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your baby pic IS beautiful! I don't know much about your other Q's~so sorry. We have lots of knowledge to glean from here though, so I know someone will have some answers!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 21st, 2013, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
2.7 is on the high end but my genetic counselor said its completely normal
June 21st, 2013, 09:40 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lurking, but just wanted to say that my 20mo old measured at 13w3d when I was 12w6d, and her NT measurement was a 2.3. My peri dr. was concerned, but my OB was not. I declined further testing...other than the normal blood work offered at the NT and the 16wk quad. All my blood work was normal and so was she. The closer to 14wk measurements you are, the higher the NT measurement. Your at the very end of it. Makes perfect sense to me. I was 12w6d this time too, and baby measured 13w3d again, with a measurement of 1.9. All baby's are different. I was 40 when I had her and going to be 42 now.
feythful likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

June 21st, 2013, 09:48 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Such a cute picture!

June 21st, 2013, 11:29 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I would not be concerned it is still within normal limits and I see a nasal bone without trying. You have a beautiful baby growing enjoy. The measuring ahead is normal too babies grow at their own rate. I got weekly/biweekly ultrasounds for the first 12 weeks and at 5 weeks when she found the gestational sac she said "your not even 5 weeks yet" when my doctor did my scan at 12 weeks baby was measuring 12 weeks 6 days.

June 22nd, 2013, 03:09 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Thanks ladies! I just cannot seem to relax with this pregnancy at all. I really just wanted to sit back and enjoy every minute because this is without a doubt my last one. I think I'll feel better after hearing the results of the blood work and then having the 18 to 20 we can anatomy scan. But I did tell DH last night that after this baby is born we need to do something to prevent because I simply cannot go through this anxiety again! I just want to hold my strong, healthy, beautiful baby in December

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
June 22nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I know nothing about those numbers, but just stopping in to give hugs and tell you that if your doctor wasn't concerned, I don't think you should be.

I've been more nervous than usual this go round too. I'm sorry you're feeling that way too. I just keep telling myself that the baby doesn't need any nervous energy and try not to stress.

June 22nd, 2013, 09:12 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
2.7mm is totally normal i wouldnt fret about it!

ive measured dead on for all my other scans, but yesterday i shouldve been 16.2 and measured 16.6...no biggie babies grow at different rates at this stage! your baby is the picture of perfection

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search