Things My Mom Never Told Me About Pregnancy *tmi*

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anybodyinthere

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2013, 10:51 AM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
I was having a phone convo with my mom the other day and was asking her a couple of questions and she just laughed and laughed and says "oh honey it's totally normal"

My response was "well why didn't you ever tell me these things?!"

...more laughing

Like for instance......

why my once cute little nips would look like pepperonis stuck to my chest

or why after everything I eat whether red beans and rice or a strawberry gives me farts

and why sometimes it feels like my hoohah is migrating east and west at the same time-it's too early for this right?!

Do any of you relate? What have you been wondering why no one ever told you you'd feel this ? I think sometimes they forget and sometimes they just decide it would be better not to tell us these things otherwise we'd never reproduce lol.

June 22nd, 2013, 10:55 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom is a retired L&D nurse...I've heard it all lol!
summerbaby1 likes this.

June 22nd, 2013, 12:45 PM
Super Mommy
I feel the same way. My mom was like ohhhh yeah I forgot, that was over 30 years ago. Like the all day vomiting thing...would've loved to have known that. Oh and the little round ligament pain. She could've saved me a trip to the dr for that and let me know it was normal. Lol. I freaked out!

June 22nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Mom(s) didn't really share anything that I remember, save the length of their labors. We haven't had the relationship really for me to call them up and talk about it. Maybe I could have in the past~it's just weird.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 22nd, 2013, 05:55 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
My mom never really talked about her pregnancies or labors at all. And I never really felt a need to ask because everyone's experience is different. The only thing she ever told me was that I was seriously overdue and my heartrate was dropping, so they decided to do a c/s...and her subsequent two pregnancies were also c/s. I guess others share more?

June 22nd, 2013, 06:26 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As a Mom *I* will share more! LOL! Though I won't force myself on my children and in-laws-to-be. I will just make sure they know I'm available for any help/conversation/etc.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 22nd, 2013, 10:30 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom died when I was 17, so we didn't talk about it much...I just know she had a natural birth with me and I was due 9/24, but born 9/7. Natural birthing was always pounded in to my head...I didn't even know I was breast fed and cloth diapered until about a year ago. My uncle told me

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 23rd, 2013, 05:29 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mother only gave birth to one child (my oldest brother and I are adopted). she had a c/s and my brother has cerebral palsy. She could tell me bits and pieces of the labor and birth but I believe she blocked a lot out of her mind because it was so traumatic. She only told me about having strange cravings during her pregnancies (she had lost several babies between the 3 of us). She never mentioned having morning sickness or any other typical pregnancy symptoms. It's as if she had such bad experiences between losing so many babies and having a disabled child that she can't remember anything. She's very sympathetic towards me when I'm sick and exhausted and is very helpful; however, she's always paranoid that something is wrong with the babies and wants me to go to the hospital for everything. I understand this and am patient with her even though I want to tell her to chill out. So everything I had questions about in my first pregnancy I had to research or ask my OB about. I would hope that when and if my daughter or daughter in laws get pregnant I'll have more advice to share, if they ask. I would also make sure to tell them that all pregnancies are different; however x, y, or z is normal or typical.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search