For FTM's...

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Oriyan
  • 1 Post By Miss-Melissa-Sue

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Super Mommy
when are you going to start getting the nursery ready and start buying stuff.. I haven't done anything yet, I"m waiting to find out what I"m having and then I"m going to start looking around for stuff and probably by September I"ll start buying stuff and putting it down.

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
June 25th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Kelizah's Avatar Veteran
I've been looking but can't find anything I like! everything is way too cutesy-babyish lol I keep getting yelled at by my family that it's a baby!!! Probably closer to the middle of summer will I get a theme/color down and stick with it
June 25th, 2013, 06:02 AM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
Funds are pretty snug right now and we're in the process of looking for a place to move to, so I haven't started decorating or anything yet. So far I've bought a changing table that can double for storage when he/she gets older for $25 and several packs of diapers/wipes and a few toys/books here and there. My mom bought some gender neutral clothes,pacies etc.
I'm waiting till August 8th when we find out gender because I have a cousin who has a boy that's almost 2 and a friend who has a lil girl that is 6 months old and I've already been told I'll get baby stuff passed down either way.

June 25th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Might I make a suggestion?

Don't wait till the end to do the BIG stuff (build furniture, paint, buy a car seat). The reason? If you go into pre-term labor and get put on bed rest, you will not be able to do anything and get upset that your not apart of the process. Not only that, but around 20 weeks, bending starts to get to be a pain.
summerbaby1 likes this.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
June 25th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Super Mommy
Haven't bought a thing yet. I've been looking at things online. When I find out the sex, I'll start purchasing things here and there. I was thinking of putting the big stuff on layaway so it won't hit us so hard at once.

June 25th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just a suggestion, the baby NEEDS very little when born. Please don't stress now about things you may need later on. If you are planning on getting a bassinet and crib the crib can wait till the baby is born. Don't stress if money is tight that you need tons of things. Buying a little every month helps too
June 25th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a FTM but we are practically starting over. I will start the nursery as soon as we know the gender. I will have the necessities for the baby ready when I'm around 30 weeks including having my bag packed. Like the pp said, you never know if you'll go into early labor.
NCRG2010 likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

June 26th, 2013, 05:11 AM
I am planning to buy stuff at garage sales when I have more time later this summer. To clean the baby's room out, my husband and I took a load of our old books and sold them to Half Price Books. Used the money to buy a few picture books for the baby.
June 26th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Super Mommy
thanks ladies for the advice..

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
June 26th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I'm waiting until we find out what we're having (August 2nd). I want to have everything done by late September, just in case I have to go on bed rest. In the meantime, I've been getting great ideas on Pinterest. But I agree with Kelizah, I'm not into the super baby-baby stuff. I'm aiming towards a more sophisticated, elegant nursery.
June 26th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
We havent bought a single thing yet either lol But i'm getting super excited and will prob start buying things in a few weeks Baby will be sleeping in my room so I dont have to paint a nursery or anything, just set up the crib.
December 3rd 2014 !! Baby #2 due August 2015!!!

June 26th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Not a FTM, but it looks like I'm going to get to do a nursery now!!!! I just have to get moved first. I'm so excited. So after we get moved (hopefully 2nd week of August), I will be able to get started. I already have the furniture, but if I'm right and this is a boy, I'll need new sheets and stuff anyway. lol Not sure what I'm going to do, I can't really find anything I like. I think part of it is that there's no point in buying anything before I move. :/

edited to add: wow, I apparently REALLY like the

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search