Those "friendly" reminders

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree29Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2013, 04:30 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by swade66 View Post
Mmm now I want sushi.

I try and keep my "bad behavior" from most people just so I don't have to hear it. Lol
^^This--I LOOOOOOVE sushi. There is one place Iwould eat it here without worrying, otherwise I eat the cooked stuff only. But I would die for some sashimi right now :/
I got a few weird looks when I order a mimosa at breakfast the other day. Give me a break. I didn't even drink the whole thing, not that I would have felt bad if I had, I just didn't want it. But this is why I don't advertise my "against popular thinking" behavior.

Make a pregnancy ticker

June 25th, 2013, 05:18 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I had sushi tonight.
feythful and bajars2531 like this.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
June 25th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The best part of it all, parents of people my age smoked, drank , didn't use seats belts on us and somehow had very normal children. The cribs were painted with led paint, they never child proofed anything lol we never heard of autism back then! What's that?
June 25th, 2013, 06:54 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
My favorite "stay away from" advice is to avoid Dairy Queen...

This is my 3rd pregnancy if I want a peanut buster parfait or a blizzard I will have one just like with the other two.
feythful, bajars2531 and TwinMamaS like this.

June 25th, 2013, 07:36 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea--and a spoonful of peanut butter with dark chocolate chips all over it!!!!!!! tsk tsk!!! LOL

Make a pregnancy ticker

June 25th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I've gotten the "eat whatever sounds good" instruction from all my doctors/nurses, and passed it on to anyone who tried to give me that. Although, for most of my pregnancies, holding ANYTHING down for longer than an hour has been a victory, so people are more inclined to get me to try to eat MORE.

One of the benefits of hyperemesis, I guess?

June 26th, 2013, 05:05 AM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
One of my favorite pieces of advice was from the HD nutritionist..."well since you have thyroid disease, we'd like you to watch your weight and not gain over 20 lbs".... My sis-in-laws advice? "You're pregnant, it's the one time in your life you can eat almost anything you want and have an excuse for it...go wild!" Lol i haven't quite gone wild but not once have I thought ''oh no is this gonna make me fat?" more like..this kid is gonna have a sugar rush lol.

June 26th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I haven't had anyone "give me advice" about what I should or shouldn't be doing (so far). I feel like most of the recommendations are erring on the extreme side of caution, but I've been trying to follow as closely as I can. I did have a hot dog the other day, but my husband grilled it, and I didn't come in contact with any of the liquid. I've been DYING for bleu cheese, though! What I wouldn't give for a plate of buffalo wings with blue cheese dresssing (someone tell me I can have it lol). Feythful, I was also thinking of having Taco Bell for lunch, and I'm not going to feel bad about it!
feythful likes this.
June 26th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Blue cheese dressing is so over processed i'd go for it. Now just Blue cheese in a brick --- eh. Depends on where it came from.
TwinMamaS likes this.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search