I want to move!!!

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By anybodyinthere
  • 2 Post By summerbaby1
  • 1 Post By summerbaby1
  • 1 Post By ChicaChels
  • 2 Post By SweetiePeas
  • 2 Post By ChicaChels
  • 1 Post By Brittanie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2013, 01:02 PM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
So I was just sitting here on the couch and browsing the boards and some blogs, and our guard -dachsund Ziggy's hair stands on end all of a sudden. Ziggy doesn't like the mailman so I assumed it was him making his rounds. Then he starts the deep throated growl before the eruption of "I'm going to tear your ankles to shreds" barking. Then I see this:

Two guys are walking down the sidewalk and they stop in front of my house. One of them leans over the gate a lil, and whistles and acts like he's calling a dog. Then he proceeds to come inside. I dont know either of these guys so I took necessary precautions and went into the other room where I could see them but they couldn't see me. I hear no knocks, the doorbell doesn't ring...he jiggles the door handle to see if it's locked then goes outside the gate with the other guy and moves on.

And I'm like *** WAS THAT?! Did someone seriously just case out our house while I was at home???? I HATE THIS NEIGHBORHOOD!

June 25th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
eeek!!! Glad you're okay, but I'd be thinking of some serious security measures..

June 25th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Super Mommy
Wow...how scary. Maybe install some cameras. I'm in the hood and I won't walk downstairs to the mailbox without locking the door. I guess had it been unlocked they might've just come right on in. Scary!

June 25th, 2013, 01:33 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy Cow!! I'm so sorry!! Are you there by yourself? Do you have any sort of protection?

June 25th, 2013, 01:34 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely call and report it. If other people got robbed today, your description could be useful.

Goes to show, thieves DO check for dogs!!!
bundle2baby likes this.

June 25th, 2013, 01:43 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Definitely call he police and report that. The sooner the better. That is super scary.

June 25th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
OMG!!! how scary!! glad you're ok! I would call and make a report also, they will probably break into another home if they checked yours. O.O

June 25th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesgirl09 View Post
Holy Cow!! I'm so sorry!! Are you there by yourself? Do you have any sort of protection?
Yeah my MIL to be came home from work about 25 min later. I had our family firearm, my cell phone and an angry dachsund between two of those I'm hoping that if something had happened we would have come out ok. It's kinda creepy because I was checking the police reports for our area and almost ALL the burgleries except for one were not reported in the middle of the night but around 2-3 pm in the afternoon when most ppl are at work/school/running errands etc. Sneaky jerks. My older brother works for the PD in our city so I'll be giving him a call, it'd probably get farther with him that if I just called the station.

Perhaps tomorrow if they come back I should play some banjo music on the stereo and dub in Clint Eastwood saying "Get off my lawn". kinda like what Macauley Culkin did in Home Alone!
bundle2baby and SweetiePeas like this.

June 25th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Too Funny!!!! I live in a town where just a few years ago, some men broke into a home in the middle of the day and the family was working. The neighbor was an older war vet and he called the police and told them that if somebody didn't get there quickly, that he would shoot. Apparently the officers didn't get there quickly enough and he made it known again, that he was going to shoot. He set the phone down, ran outside, and shot both men in the back as they were trying to run away with a shotgun. I believe both of the men died later but don't quote me on that. Anyway, the neighbor, the one that shot them, was arrested and released, he did go to trial because technically the two men weren't breaking into HIS home, BUT he was aquitted. Goes to show that some people firmly believe in firearms and they aren't scared to use them. Unfortunately, I'm too scared to use them I think. IDK, I guess I'd have to be in that situation. I do, however, like to know that I am protected and that option is there if I need it.

I'm glad every one is safe in your home today.

June 25th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Too Funny!!!! I live in a town where just a few years ago, some men broke into a home in the middle of the day and the family was working. The neighbor was an older war vet and he called the police and told them that if somebody didn't get there quickly, that he would shoot. Apparently the officers didn't get there quickly enough and he made it known again, that he was going to shoot. He set the phone down, ran outside, and shot both men in the back as they were trying to run away with a shotgun. I believe both of the men died later but don't quote me on that. Anyway, the neighbor, the one that shot them, was arrested and released, he did go to trial because technically the two men weren't breaking into HIS home, BUT he was aquitted. Goes to show that some people firmly believe in firearms and they aren't scared to use them. Unfortunately, I'm too scared to use them I think. IDK, I guess I'd have to be in that situation. I do, however, like to know that I am protected and that option is there if I need it.

I'm glad every one is safe in your home today.
That story cracked me up. I'm surprised they acquitted him since he shot them in the back, that's pretty much cooking your goose even if they were terrible people.

I would probably be the same way if I hadn't been raised around them. My daddy is a Vietnam vet and he's been hunting and fishing since he was a little kid. I was raised in the country and my daddy taught me and my siblings gun safety before we were in preschool. He never left anything within a lil one's reach but he taught us to ask before touching, how to check and see if one were loaded, and never ever to point a firearm at a person even if it was unloaded. He also had us shooting tomatoes off fenceposts when we were in grade school and took us to the range and hunting with him. I have a lot of good memories of hunting/shooting/fishing with my dad. I have the attitude now that after being raised with a healthy respect and knowledge of guns, and seeing how evil some people can be in this world-better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it. If I had to protect my family including this little one I hope I could do so, however I hope to God that situation never happens.
bundle2baby likes this.

June 25th, 2013, 03:53 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
im glad you have a gun! seriously! i think every home should have a gun for protection! how scary! Did you call the police?
summerbaby1 likes this.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 25th, 2013, 03:57 PM
I submitted a report a lil while ago. I should have done it while it was fresh in my memory. I was super stressed out and craving nicotene so I went and started making bread lol. I really wish I had never started smoking ever, because quitting when I found out I was preggo was not easy. I still get an awful craving for them when I'm stressed out.

June 25th, 2013, 04:13 PM

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
June 25th, 2013, 07:28 PM
On the gun subject, we do have them in my home now. We have 2 rifles and a .40 cal pistol and they all belong to DH. I'm not a huge fan but I do know how to use them if needed.

As far as the nicotine goes, I was also a smoker before I got pregnant so I know all about that as well. I had smoked for about 15 years with the exception of a little less than 2 years during the time i was pregnant with DD and until she was about 9 months old when I started again. She is 6 now. I quit the day I got my positive test and I hope to never start again. I know the feeling sweetie. If you ever need extra support, I'm here!

June 25th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
EEk that's so scary, glad everyone is okay. Its a good thing you have a firearm to protect you if need be. We do not, however I have a tazer which is better than nothing I suppose. Oh and 2 dogs,lol. Although my dogs would probably be more scared of them. At least they would alert me,lol
ChicaChels and summerbaby1 like this.
June 25th, 2013, 07:58 PM
i pack a gun everywhere i go! i have a pink handgun mess with my kids, ill mess with your LIFE! (I have a permit to carry)

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
June 25th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
oh my goodness!! >_< Glad you're okay!
summerbaby1 likes this.

June 26th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Quote:
On the gun subject, we do have them in my home now. We have 2 rifles and a .40 cal pistol and they all belong to DH. I'm not a huge fan but I do know how to use them if needed.

As far as the nicotine goes, I was also a smoker before I got pregnant so I know all about that as well. I had smoked for about 15 years with the exception of a little less than 2 years during the time i was pregnant with DD and until she was about 9 months old when I started again. She is 6 now. I quit the day I got my positive test and I hope to never start again. I know the feeling sweetie. If you ever need extra support, I'm here!
Blakesgirl you're my hero! That's my goal is to not start back after little one is born...you've got my support there too darlin!

Thanks to all of you ladies for the support

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search