Feeling crummy today

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By kara74
  • 3 Post By NCRG2010

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2013, 09:59 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
So a few weeks ago, I had an episode where my heart started racing and I felt like I couldn't breathe. It only lasted a couple minutes, but afterwards I felt shaken and weak for the rest of the day. The next day, I felt fine and like nothing had happened. I mentioned it at my OB appointment and was told to increase my water intake.

Yesterday it started again. If I'd bend over or move to quickly, my heart would pound and I felt like I couldn't breathe. Afterwards, I felt awful and was even tempted to call dh home to take care of the kids. My blood sugar and blood pressure were fine. I took a nap with the girls and that didn't make me feel better. By yesterday evening, I was fine. Today, it started again, so I called the nurse. They're moving my appointment to Monday. She said they'll run some basic tests on my sugar and iron levels and stuff. She said they may ask for a cardiology consult and that if I feel worse or it gets unmanageable, I need to go to the women's center at the hospital. My only concern is that typically, they won't see you under 20 weeks at the women's center unless they're having a slow day, so I'm going to avoid going as much as possible, because I don't need to go to the ER and expose myself to all those germs.

DH is home for the day after minor dermatological surgery, so I thought I would have help, but he's suddenly turned into the biggest baby ever. Last night we were talking about the difference in how women and men deal with illness and injury, since he's also dealing with an exercise injury due to his own silliness. I explained that he gets to lay around and moan and whine, but if I had the same illness or injury, I'd still have to take care of the kids and the house. He comes home whining about how sore he is from his surgery and injury and I'm a pale, shaky mess. 10 minutes later, he's laying down in the back and I'm loading the dishwasher and playing referee with the girls. I love him and he's usually so good to us, but ugh...

June 27th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I had the same heart and breathing issues in my first pregnancy -- turned out to be from the increase in blood flow -- my heart could not keep up with everything. I had to be induced at the end because I kept having breathing issues, issues with my heart and still had low BP with all this extra blood running around --- add in more weight on my body, it wasn't good. They are monitoring me closely this time -- I have an echocardiogram scheduled in another 3 weeks to make sure that all is well right now (which it is) in case something happens later (I am aiming for a less weight gain, but that doesn't look to be too promising)
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
June 27th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Super Mommy
it had happen to my sister when she was pregnant with my niece. but it was towards the end of her pregnancy and they had put her on bed rest till she was ready to deliver.

Hope you feel better and just take it easy.. let the hubby do some of the work..

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
June 27th, 2013, 11:11 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will occasionally get heart palpitations when pregnant but they aren't as bad as yours sound. They only last a few seconds and I feel fine afterwards. I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy and I hope your doctor can figure out what is going on.

My husband is the same way. He's always more tired, more sick, in more pain, etc. Makes me crazy!
feythful likes this.

June 27th, 2013, 12:27 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
It's normal to have that happen from time to time. I've had it happen in all of my pregnancies.

Also.....could your hemoglobin be low (anemia)? I'd check for that. That can cause heart racing and shortness of breath, as well as general tiredness/weakness...and it is very common. Mine is low non-pregnant, and when pregnant it gets even worse. I also lost so much blood after one of my miscarriages that it was below an 8 and I had to get blood transfusions (my hemocrit was also very low)...and wow, my heart was just racing and I felt like I'd faint if I walked across even the room 5 feet.

Last edited by JulieMc; June 27th, 2013 at 12:31 PM.
June 27th, 2013, 12:31 PM
SurferRosa's Avatar Doing it all over again
Have your thyroid levels checked as well. Hyperthyroidism can present the same symptoms.
June 27th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are feeling so crummy. I had some episodes during weeks 8-10 and it turned out I had a sinus infection and after it cleared up I haven't had any since. Also your body is producing a lot more blood so can cause those symptoms. I hope things remedy themselves for you and you feel better soon.
June 27th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks ladies. I'm drinking water like it's my job, much to my tummy's displeasure. I'll have them check the things you mentioned. My doctor is usually pretty thorough, but it always helps to have some other ideas when you go in!

June 27th, 2013, 03:25 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((((Feythful))))) I would get some Gatorade sips in there between all that water. I've had the heart pounding thing after exertion/heat followed by too much water. I hope you feel better!!!!! NO fun.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 27th, 2013, 03:56 PM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
I hate that you're going through that but I'm really glad you posted about it because I've been dealing with the same thing. It happened this afternoon in the grocery store just all of a sudden like getting hit with a wave..my heart was racing and I was breathing heavy and feeling lightheaded..I hate it!

June 27th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You may be pregnant lmao sorry I couldn't resist
June 27th, 2013, 04:30 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you sure it wasn't a panic attack?

June 27th, 2013, 06:23 PM
It has a physical trigger, so I'm fairly certain. I asked my one of my friends in the medical field if there was such a thing as hormone induced anxiety and she said "Of course, hormones affect people in so many different ways. But since it happens when you take part in certain physical activity and you have no history of anxiety, I'd put it at the bottom of the list." She said it's either a blood volume issue (although she's surprised it would be hitting me now), a blood pressure or a rhythm issue if it's got a physical trigger. She told me to call them and set up an appointment just to be sure.

June 27th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
I have been having something like this happening to me too! I had heart palpitations before once in a while, but lately and today I have been getting them more often. It feels like my heart is skipping a beat and beating faster and It makes me feel all anxious. it will happen for a few minutes and I will sometimes feel like i cant catch my breath. It was starting to scare me today :/ I am going to mention it to my dr. I do feel like i need to drink more water. Thanks for posting this! I hope you feel better!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search