Anybody else still taking zofran (or other antiemetics)?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Oriyan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm down to once just before bed, but I definitely still have to take the zofran. Just wondering who else is still sick.

June 28th, 2013, 08:13 AM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I am still on the Scop patches. I have to change them every 3 days and leave them off overnight just to test and I definitely still need them.

June 28th, 2013, 08:16 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me! I take one a day in the morning and sometimes another in the evening if I'm feeling particularly ill. I'm also taking Zantac 150, twice a day.

Question - do the meds take all the nausea/vomiting away for you or just take the edge off? For me, it just takes the edge off. I still feel nauseous most of the day.

Last edited by kara74; June 28th, 2013 at 08:30 AM.
June 28th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kara74 View Post
Me! I take one a day in the morning and sometimes another in the evening if I'm feeling particularly ill. I'm also taking Zantac 150, twice a day.

Question - do the meds take all the nausea/vomiting away for you or just take the edge off? For me, it just takes the edge off. I still feel nauseous most of the day.
I need to start taking Zantac again. I just keep forgetting to dig it out of my cabinet.

I'm not vomiting at all anymore, but I definitely still have nausea. Not anything really bad, mostly just kind of vaguely nauseated, unless I'm actually eating. About halfway through any meal I need to stop and just breathe for a few minutes. I'm also nauseated when it's been a while since I've eaten.

June 28th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Yeah I'm not vomiting as often. I did vomit stomach acid the other morning but I hadn't vomited for a couple week prior. I suspect I'll vomit on occasion and have the nausea which is moderate most days, mild occasionally. I also have that weird yucky taste in my mouth which is not helping. I wish they made something for that. The only time I'm not nauseous is while I'm eating and shortly afterward. I get very nauseous if I haven't eaten for awhile.

June 28th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I have not needed Zofran in about 3 weeks -- but I am downing Zantac and tums like no ones business for heartburn
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
June 28th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Super Mommy
I had heartburn once last weekend after hitting up a soul food buffet. I guess it was just a bad combo of food. I have to take a unisom everyday. It seems if I don't I get this yucky feeling while eating, especially in the evening. Sometimes my food stays in the back of my throat or sumn and just sits there until I burp. Then once I do that it slides down a little. Only thing that doesn't make me sick right now is burritos. Lol. No heartburn no nausea with those things. Luckily I'm in Los Angeles and I have my choice of good burrito spots.

June 28th, 2013, 09:37 AM
LOL funny how burritos don't give you heartburn. Hot chips don't give me heartburn and you would think they would. I could eat tons of hot chips/Flamin' Hot Cheetohs and I'm ship shape. Weird.

June 28th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Salsa won't give me heartburn, but fruit does. Go figure!
kara74 likes this.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
June 28th, 2013, 09:47 AM
My heartburn doesn't seem to have anything to do with what I've consumed. It's completely independent of everything, it seems! lol

And for me, during pregnancy, my heartburn/reflux mainly manifests as nausea. *rolls eyes*

June 28th, 2013, 10:44 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope! Thank goodness!

I actually stopped about 2 weeks before I should have as far as nausea was concerned, but I had a particularly bad episode of constipation that was WORSE than nausea, so I quit taking it and just powered through.

I feel pretty normal now.

June 28th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have only had to take Zofran 2 times in the past 3 weeks. Thank goodness because the constipation was more than I could stand,lol! I still get nausea from time to time and heartburn which I have been trying to control with tums. Nothing in particular gives me heartburn, I just get it sometimes. So happy the vomiting has stopped because a month or so ago I felt like I was dying...
June 28th, 2013, 11:33 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I'm still taking Zofran. In fact, this is the first pregnancy where I have needed to refill it. I'm only taking it about once a day, but occasionally twice.

June 28th, 2013, 11:59 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I quit the Reglan a few weeks ago. There are times I would take a Zofran if I had some but I just push through.

Later in pregnancy water will cause me heartburn...it's awful.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
June 28th, 2013, 12:42 PM
You know what's weird? Even with the zofran, this week I've had diarrhea. I've lost 4 lbs! >_< I tried stopping the zofran because of the constipation, but...yeah...it was way worse without it.

June 28th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Depending on what I eat (salads and other fresh veg do this to me), I'll also get diarrhea even on the Zofran.

June 28th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Never had that when I was taking it with Allison. I was stopped up all the way until after delivery. It's almost like I got an intestinal bug or something.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search