What do you put on your salads?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2013, 04:35 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
So, I decided to make a salad tonight for dinner since I had some steak left over.

This salad was amazing. It had lettuce (of course), cucumbers, tomatoes, raw broccoli, grilled sweet onions, a few fried onions, strawberries, steak and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette So good.

What are your favorite salad toppings?

June 28th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Feta cheese, red onion, romaine lettuce, tomatoes
June 28th, 2013, 04:45 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
EVERYTHING! Mesclun mix, spinach, avocado, banana peppers, tomato, cucumber, bagged slaw (without any sauce~the crunch of this is satisfying on EVERYTHING!), onion, black olives, carrots, bell peppers if I have them, corn, WHATEVER!

I usually like ranch, and I do have an affinity for bacon bits and croutons. Rarely have the croutons though....
feythful and NCRG2010 like this.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 28th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks I just sent my husband to a restaurant to get me a salad. Lmao
June 28th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Chick peas! I forgot chick peas....
kara74 likes this.

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
June 28th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Love chick peas!,,,
hugssandi likes this.
June 28th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
LOL i totally want a salad now too! I like green olives, pepperoni, tomatoes (not the cherry tomatoes, I hate them popping in my mouth), banana peppers, cheese, and cucumbers. I like Italian dressing or french and ranch mixed Now I make a trip to the store!

June 28th, 2013, 05:26 PM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
I usually like mine with green leaf lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, hard boiled egg, a lil cheese, and ranch with a lil bit of bacon. A really good one though is spinach, sliced strawberries, feta cheese and poppyseed dressing with pecans or almonds on top...delicious!

June 28th, 2013, 06:04 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, chick peas, red onion (if I'm not pregnant, can't do raw onions while pregnant), sometimes feta, sometimes grilled chicken, sometimes pita chips or oat sesame things. For dressing - homemade ranch, Greek (not the thick bottled kind), or balsamic and olive oil.

June 28th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Everything that they have at restaurant salad bars. lol
hugssandi likes this.

June 28th, 2013, 06:36 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love everything vegetable. I can't really think of anything I don't like on a salad--maybe not all at the same time of course, lol. When I first got pregnant all I wanted to eat was salads. There is an awesome little deli by my work that makes this salad with spinach, sun dried tomatoes, goat cheese, turkey, pecans, and balsamic vinaigrette. It's definitely one of my favs.

Make a pregnancy ticker

June 28th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I swear I love everything on my salad except meat, with the exception of bacon before I got pregnant. I love mixing ranch and baslamic vinegarette.(sp) typing on the dark.lol
June 28th, 2013, 07:06 PM
...seeds, nuts, sprouts.... GOSH I WANNA BIG SALAD!

June 28th, 2013, 07:07 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRG2010 View Post
Thanks I just sent my husband to a restaurant to get me a salad. Lmao
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugssandi View Post
Chick peas! I forgot chick peas....
Do you ever roast chick peas to put them on your salad, or do you just put them on there after soaking/boiling them or pulling them out of a can?

June 28th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Super Mommy
I'm weird...I just like a plain ole salad with dressing. All the extras are a turn off. Lettuce and carrots. Lol

June 28th, 2013, 07:24 PM
I've only done the canned thing. I would try 'em any way they came though! I also love warming chick peas and taco seasonings and making tacos with them~topped with spinach or that crunchy, tri-colored slaw mix. YUM!!!!! Or makin' hummus... MAN I wish my blender were workin' right now! LOL!

June 28th, 2013, 10:56 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i like peas, carrots, red peppers, sunflower seeds, cheese, cucumbers, broccoli, croutons, homemade ranch and dorothy lynch mixed together (DL is only available in NE & IA as far as i know..it's way better than french dressing!) sometimes i put those little chow mein noodles on for texture...but the more veggies the better especially if they are green! yum!

if i put meat on it, i prefer chicken. i also only like romaine lettuce and spinach - i hate iceberg lettuce.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 29th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a fan of green (with lettuce) salads. Commonly I do tomato/mozzarella/basil/vinaigrette salads or sliced cucumber with feta, red onion, and vinaigrette. Yum! Broccoli salad is also a favorite, but takes a bit more effort.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
June 29th, 2013, 09:58 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I'm not a big fan of salads. The one time I do tend to like them, however, is when pregnant. I like ranch dressing, cheese, croutons and chick peas. Oh, and I like spinach leaves, not that crunchy, pale green stuff called iceberg lettuce.

June 29th, 2013, 01:51 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love salad. Anything goes!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search