Possible VSD

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By .nicole.michele.
  • 1 Post By Oriyan
  • 1 Post By ImVictorious
  • 1 Post By hugssandi
  • 1 Post By feythful
  • 1 Post By Brittanie
  • 1 Post By Papasgirl
  • 1 Post By mommamindy
  • 1 Post By Miss-Melissa-Sue

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 07:19 AM
mgail's Avatar servantoftheKing
We had our anatomy scan this past Tuesday at the high risk Dr. I was only 17 wks and 4 days so it was a little early, but she saw a possible VSD which is a hole in the heart between the right and left side. She wants to see me back in four weeks to check it again because it is a little early and she said VERY hard to know for sure. It is hard not to worry, but of course I do. Anyone else have this happen before and it turn out ok?

On a side note I have a friend who has this and she is a very healthy active adult so that is encouraging!

Born Tuesday December 3rd, 2013 at 3:11pm
8 lbs 7 oz, 21 inches long

July 5th, 2013, 08:09 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I have not personally experienced this but I know people who have. Your doctor is right and it is early. Hopefully it closes up on its own by your next ultrasound.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 5th, 2013, 08:21 AM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
Prayers going up for you and your wee one hon.

July 5th, 2013, 08:25 AM
thanks y'all!

July 5th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Veteran
Thoughts and prayers to u and your little one ... but I do love how your doctor was very positive about it
ChicaChels and mgail like this.

July 5th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I hope all is ok in a few weeks!

I think that is in part why my midwife doesn't do anatomy scans till 22 weeks. Too early still and stuff is still closing/going where it needs to go.
mgail likes this.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 5th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Super Mommy
Praying everything works out fine.
mgail likes this.

July 5th, 2013, 12:41 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((((mgail))))) Praying it will correct itself!!!
mgail likes this.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
July 5th, 2013, 03:49 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
There were 2 in my Sept 10 DDc, and both were monitored more closely, but the VSD was not an issue. I don't know if it's recommended or not, but I wouldn't go much past EDD with it. I just know of a sad story, but she labored for days and went 2 weeks past EDD and it didn't end well. Issue could have been ANYTHING, not necessarily the VSD. And, she was older (40) so there could have been placenta issues, too...

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 5th, 2013, 04:33 PM
thanks for the advice, hopefully we'll get good news in a few weeks. I am seeing a high risk doctor on top of my OB since I am 36 and we did a frozen embryo transfer. If she is able to determine that it is not there then we might get released from the high risk; otherwise, we'll keep seeing them to the end.

July 5th, 2013, 06:30 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I hope everything resolves itself and you have no reason to have any more concerns about this issue.
mgail likes this.

July 5th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
We had to have a repeat ultrasound with Patrick. It was originally at not quite 19 weeks (18 weeks and 5 or 6 days). She didn't name anything specific that could be wrong, but that she "didn't get a good enough look." I worried, but everything ended up being okay.

I hope that's the case for you.
mgail likes this.

July 6th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
VSD can be a scary diagnosis, one I may be faced with too. My good friend has a daughter who was born with this and she was born without complications and at 5 years old had a surgery to repair the tiny hole that never closed...she is a great, healthy, beautiful 11 year old. My youngest neice Julia was also born with a hole in her heart. Hers naturally resolved and she is now 8 years old and perfect! This is scary but very repairable and often will fix itself. Hugs mama, i know the fear but it will be ok
mgail likes this.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
July 7th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Beautiful Life!
I was born prematurely and had a hole/valve that didn't close and had to have heart surgery at two days old. It hasn't had given me any other problems other than the occasional question about the large scar I have or a few times that I have had to get an ekg to ensure I'd be ok for certain medical procedures. That being said, most people I know who have had a possible heart defect before or at birth, go on to have it heal itself and not have any other complications later. Hope yours though turns out to have been nothing!
mgail likes this.

July 8th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I worked for a cardiologist for years who specialized in ASD's which is a hole in the septum of the atrium versus the ventricles. They are very similar. It can correct itself which I'm praying it does. People will live long and healthy lives with both ASD's and VSD's and never know they have them. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.
mgail likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search