Heartburn :( :( :(

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2013, 03:16 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Idk about any of you, but I'm already having daily heartburn. I didn't get it this early last time. So I'm very worried it's going to end up worse than with my first pregnancy. - Which was terrible itself. I had daily heartburn, acid reflux if I didn't watch what I ate and how much I ate. And throughout the third trimester, I had to sleep sitting up or else I'd get acid reflux in my sleep. If you have never experienced acid reflux, let me tell you, it BURNS. And it sucks. I'm so desperate to find something that works before it gets to that

Tums gives relief, but after it wears off it comes back twice as bad! (But apparently tums is known to do that for people who have GERD...) Apple Cider Vinegar makes it worse. Papaya enzyme pills are the only thing that give me relief, but not enough. Aloe water gives some relief. Idk if I'm going to need a prescription or what, but I can't imagine it doing anything other than what Tums does.

July 7th, 2013, 03:20 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
:hugs:
I've had some bouts of heartburn already, but nothing daily, and most is related to specific foods that I just couldn't help myself to, or forgot about (pickles, onion rings spicy stuff)

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 7th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I have to take zantac.

July 7th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I've been taking 150mg of Zantac generally twice per day since 9 weeks. It works mostly. Sometimes I need a tums as well.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 7th, 2013, 06:49 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just started having significant heartburn. I had it extremely bad with DS. It was worse than labor, for real!

I have an appointment at the end of this coming week and I will be demanding a Rx.

July 7th, 2013, 07:45 PM
I agree. I'd rather go through labor 5 times than have this problem.. The heartburn and acid reflux is a b*tch! I'm already so sick of it. What someone suggested earlier today is Pepcid complete, which supposedly has an antacid plus an acid reducer so it prevents heartburn from coming back with double force later on. I'm trying it now... We'll see how it works. If not, I'm gonna ask for an Rx too

I guess I'm gonna be having another very hairy baby.

July 7th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry that your heartburn is so bad! I had it like that in my first trimester for some reason. Hope your meds give you some relief soon..
July 7th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
I started having heartburn everyday right in the beginning lol I take Prevacid everyday, my Dr gave me the ok because its category B. I havent had heartburn since I hope you get some relief soon

July 7th, 2013, 08:50 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Have you tried the tea by Earth Mama Angel Baby? It helped keep it at least regulated during my first so that that papaya enzyme took care of it.

July 7th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry

They say the baby will have a lot of hair if you have heartburn.
July 7th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Veteran
I've had heartburn from the beginning. I can't drink anything with sugar in it at all. Water is it:-( I've tried everything under the sun to get rid of it the only thing that works for me is whole milk im going thru roughly 4 gallons a week.
July 7th, 2013, 11:25 PM
My heartburn is really strange. The burn is always in my throat, never in my chest. And it gives me a really dry raspy cough.

I just tried the Pepcid and so far I feel like crap. The heartburn and cough is gone, but it's making me drool and my throat feels all acid-y and sore. Urgh! I'm so frustrated...

Might just stick to chewing papaya enzymes after every flippin meal I wanna cry. I do not want to deal with this again. I just went through it 12 months ago!!

July 8th, 2013, 12:47 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's 3:45 am and I'm still awake due to horrible heartburn. I took a Zantac 150 a few hours ago and the heartburn has powered through it. :/ This sucks. Mine also sits up in my throat.

July 8th, 2013, 09:25 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Mine started last night. With Flynn I would get it drinking water. No fun.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 8th, 2013, 01:29 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also use Zantac but thankfully, I haven't needed it all that much yet. I had crazy heartburn throughout my first pregnancy and I was convinced that she would have a TON of hair based on the amount of heartburn that I dealt with. She didn't have ANY hair until she was 2 years old!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search