Opinions on pregnancy pillows?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By redbirds
  • 1 Post By NCRG2010

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2013, 05:20 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm thinking about getting one, I never had one with my first. We bought a body pillow from WalMart and it wasn't helpful at all. I'm almost 19 weeks and already having sleeping issues because I am finding that I can't sleep on my stomach anymore and now its starting to make me sick laying on my back already . My shoulders hurt when I sleep on my sides.

So... opinions on the pregnancy pillows?
July 8th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I don't have an opinion, as I have never bought one. I did just buy a cooling memory foam pillow because my neck hurts from laying on my sides and now have to stick a pillow between my legs because my back has started hurting. I get sick from laying on my back too..
July 8th, 2013, 07:14 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never had one so no opinion of them. I've always just used a regular pillow between my legs.

July 8th, 2013, 07:17 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had one with DD and it was great until about 28 weeks when even that was uncomfortable. I only have a queen size bed and my husband and dog take up more than half so I'm not sure that a body pillow would be feasible. I may get one anyway and tell them fools to MOVE!!!!

July 8th, 2013, 07:23 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have one. The number one annoyance I have with it is that it takes up so much space!!! It crowds our queen size bed but aside from that, storing it when you're not preggo is a PITA.

July 8th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I don't like them. I just kinda grab some extra pillows, and make myself as comfortable as I can with them, or grab an extra blanket to cuddle up with instead -- its a) cheaper b) takes up less room and c) a lot more comfy. We have a kind sized bed but the dogs sleep right in the middle.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 8th, 2013, 08:56 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
There's no room in our bed for one since both dh and I are fluffy. I have a body pillow that works just as well. I used it even when I wasn't pregnant and it's not as big and bulky. You can also get one for about 10 dollars, instead of the 30 dollars I saw for the pregnancy pillows.

July 8th, 2013, 09:30 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I've not used one, either. Like others, I just pack on the pillows all around me, and I even stuff a couple under the sheet at the edge of the bed so I don't have to worry about it shifting when I switch from one one side to the other. I'm about ready to bring the body pillow up. It's getting flat, so again, I just add more pillows to the case and fluff it up. Works for me and I can adjust things as I get further along or the pains shift places.
feythful likes this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 8th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I bought one early on, spent almost $60 on it, and returned it after a few days after discovering how thin it was. I went back to my Target body pillow and that has worked so much better. I sleep on my left side with the body pillow at my back, tucked a little under me and the comforter between my legs. I was a stomach sleeper, and I've found this position pretty comfortable.
July 8th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had one with my first and it sucked. Me and dh use separate blankets to sleep with. I got myself a big ole king size comfy blanket and I use it where I need it to prop body parts up sometimes as a pillow all while covering myself lmao and if anyone is curious that is the key to a long happy marriage, your own blanket to sleep with at night lol
redbirds likes this.
July 8th, 2013, 08:17 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I just realized that you said you had a body pillow from Walmart. The ones we bought from walmart, we ended up returning. We buy ours from Bed Bath and Beyond and they're much fuller. About every other year, we replace them and if they get flat before then, we stuff the case with other pillows like Redbirds does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRG2010 View Post
I had one with my first and it sucked. Me and dh use separate blankets to sleep with. I got myself a big ole king size comfy blanket and I use it where I need it to prop body parts up sometimes as a pillow all while covering myself lmao and if anyone is curious that is the key to a long happy marriage, your own blanket to sleep with at night lol
So true. Dh and I have separate blankets too. I got tired of being blamed for stealing his covers...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search