Headaches

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JulieMc
  • 1 Post By Brittanie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I've been getting headaches a few times a week for the past 3 weeks or so. However, I've had a constant headache off and on since Saturday. It's over my left temple and goes back and forth between being achy and pounding. I've been taking Tylenol and it'll go away for a little bit, but it comes right back once the meds wear off. I'm able to sleep, but it's still there when I wake up to use the bathroom and when I get up in the morning. I'm getting really tired of it.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of headaches or how to manage the pain? I'm miserable!
July 8th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Super Mommy
I'm dealing with the same thing. It's usually if I go to far between meals.

July 8th, 2013, 10:38 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Do you have a history of recurring headaches when you're not pregnant? Are you particularly stressed? Do you clench your jaw during the day or at night? If none of these explains it, you might want to call your nurse or midwife and talk to them.

If you're staying hydrated and eating regularly, I'd be concerned about things like blood pressure or other pregnancy related causes. It could just be your body's reaction to hormones, in which case, I'm not sure what can be done.

You could try working with a chiropractor. Sometimes an adjustment helps people who have migraines. If it's tension, a massage would be useful and maybe some relaxation techniques. A cold pack on the back of the neck or forehead sometimes works, but it's hit or miss for me and can make it worse.

Please forgive the "all over the place" nature of this response. Just trying to cover all the bases.

July 8th, 2013, 11:17 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I was also thinking bp or hydration issues. I get them now and again, not often, but most of the time, they are remedied with a huge glass of water and a nap on my left side (in case it's bp related). Something works.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 8th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
I started getting what I think are migraines a few weeks ago too. It sounds similar to what you are describing. I was getting them constantly and Tylenol wouldnt or would barely help. It was like an achy pounding feeling in the back of my head and on either side of my temples. some days I had to stay in bed :/ I read that caffeine can help migraines and so I drank a cup of coffee and took two Tylenol, and it seriously went completely away. I'm not much of a coffee drinker either. I called my Dr and told them I was getting them and she said to drink plenty of fluids and prescribed me Fioricet, which she said was a combination of caffeine, Tylenol and a few other stuff I cant remember lol So I was on the right track with the caffeine! They have really helped, if i feel myself getting a headache i'll take one and i'll feel better Hope this helps! They are miserable to have!

July 8th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I used to get migraines, but it's been a couple of years since I've had them. I've been trying to stay hydrated (although I have had problems with dehydration). My blood pressure is usually low and has been good since becoming pregnant. It probably is hormonal. I took a nap this afternoon which helped. When I felt my headache coming back I took a Tylenol with some food, and it went away within minutes. Thank you for all your feedback, if it gets out of control in the next few days, I'll call my doctor.
July 8th, 2013, 02:22 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Drink lots of water to thin your blood and maybe hit up a chiropractor! That's what's helped mine
July 8th, 2013, 03:32 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I've experienced this multiple times throughout my pregnancy. One thing I've noticed is if I haven't drank enough I'll get a pounding headache....if I chug a bunch of water or gatorade, then I'll feel better within an hour or two. Other times, there's no helping it and I need to lay down in the dark and take a nap for a couple hours. Even then, it doesn't always help....I suspect that at least half of the ones I've had are hormonal because they feel exactly like the ones I would get when I took Clomid (which are horrible!!) and nothing helps those.

Hang in there and try to rest.
TwinMamaS likes this.

July 8th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I get hormonal headaches starting in my second trimester (and when I'm on my period) that nothing helps. I hope you get some relief soon!
TwinMamaS likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search