No no no no no!

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy

When I was pregnant with my son, around 26 weeks, I started having issues with an increased resting pulse and shortness of breath. Turns out, my heart could not keep up with the increase in volume. It was 95% of the reason why I was induced. (Concerns about my heart and the dizziness I had)

Here we are at 19.5 weeks and it is starting again. Short of breath and resting pulse of 102.

I REALLY don't wanna go the induction route again! I mean there was nothing bad about my induction, I just don't want to be confined to a bed or the 3 feet around my bed. I am kinda hoping my body shapes up and gets with the program! For whatever reason, my body doesn't register extra blood + increase pulse should = higher BP. Nope. BP is still 90/60.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 9th, 2013, 06:40 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Were you on a magnesium supplement last time? I'm not a doctor and obviously, I don't understand all of the interactions of the body, but maybe talk to your OB about magnesium supplements and see if it helps? I was getting a racing heart and shortness of breath every 2 hours or so and then feeling weak and shaky until the next one hit. The magnesium has made it all go away. I noticed significant changes in just a few days of taking it. If it's not going to harm you in some way, it might be worth trying.

July 9th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Magnesium makes me feel sick I was taking it for morning sickness and while it helped out great, I would always feel "blah" while taking it. I tried everything under the sun with my son and it was just my body. My body is not made to be more than 145 pounds and the higher my weight goes, the more stressed my heart gets. Thankfully, I have an echocardiogram next week. We can see if my valves have started leaking yet.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 9th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Good luck honey! (hugs)

July 9th, 2013, 09:06 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's scary and I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this again. I'm wishing all good things for you. (((((HUGS)))))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search