Bathroom Blues

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By JulieMc
  • 1 Post By anybodyinthere
  • 2 Post By redbirds

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I thought frequent urination was supposed to ease up in the 2nd trimester? I must've been up at least 7 times last night and I've already been to the bathroom 3 times in the past 2 and a half hours at work.

Just needed to vent! My bladder's driving me nuts. The babies must be right on top of it now.
July 9th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I never heard it was supposed to ease up! lol You've got babies squishing it now, it just gets worse from here on out!

July 9th, 2013, 10:07 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't get the frequent urination thing until the last couple months unless I happen to be drinking more or eat watermelon. If I eat watermelon I'm up all night going but normally I only have to get up once which is normal for me even when I'm not pregnant.

July 9th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
It continues to get worse until the very end when at night you are up every 60-90 minutes. I am up once a night right now, but go every 60-90 minutes or so during the day.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 9th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kara74 View Post
I don't get the frequent urination thing until the last couple months unless I happen to be drinking more or eat watermelon. If I eat watermelon I'm up all night going but normally I only have to get up once which is normal for me even when I'm not pregnant.
that's Y I have a rule that I only eat watermelon in the morning time or by lunch time so this way I'm not up all night going to the bathroom.

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
July 9th, 2013, 10:52 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I joked to dh last night that I spend most of my day going to the bathroom or going to the kitchen to get the girls juice. I still wake up 2-3 times on an average night.

July 9th, 2013, 11:16 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Nope... just gets worse through pregnancy as your bladder gets squished with the growing and shifting going on in there Enjoy!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 9th, 2013, 11:32 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
You have twins. All rules of "normal" pregnancy go out the window. I've had two other kids and this twin pregnancy is so different!

My 4-year-old asked me the other day why I wasn't in the bathroom. I replied "Because I dont need to pee right now." To which he answered, "But I thought the babies make you pee ALL DAY mommy!" LOL.

July 9th, 2013, 12:50 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The 15th week was my worst week by far this pregnancy! I could feel the baby squished against my bladder and I had to reposition to get more pee out.

However, this week, (just a week later!) I feel significant relief from that. I think he/she was just on her way up higher!

In the end though, you're screwed, lol! I peed my pants to many times in the last 6 weeks of pregnancy!
TwinMamaS likes this.

July 9th, 2013, 04:38 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
^^ I have already started the "oh, crap, I have to sneeze..." problem, which, of course, relates to need for panty liners AAAK!
Oriyan and NCRG2010 like this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 9th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I empty my bladder constantly because if I sneeze or cough there will be a problem lol
July 9th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
I feel like mine has gotten better. I used to get up 5+ times a night to pee, now its about 2-3 times depending on how much water I drank before bed lol I expect it to get worse again though

July 10th, 2013, 09:24 AM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
^^ I have already started the "oh, crap, I have to sneeze..." problem, which, of course, relates to need for panty liners AAAK!
I sneezed and peed on myself for the first time this pregnancy yesterday. What a joy.

I'm only at the point where I need only 1, maybe 2 pees during the night. But during the day it seems like my toilet paper is disappearing so fast.

July 10th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post

Yeahhhh I've done that a few times.

The other night I was running around with my son laughing, and i even EMPTIED my bladder and uhhhh still had issues.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search