The first purchase:

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2013, 02:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm done shopping

My first purchase was technically from the pregnancy I lost before this one: I bought an arm's reach co-sleeper. This time I bought a 2 huge boxes of size 1 diapers and 2 huge boxes of size 2 diapers. Already have plenty of newborn size.

Can't think of anything else I need. That's the good thing about having 3 babies of the same gender in 4 years, lol.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
July 11th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Super Mommy
I haven't gotten anything as yet. I'll probably wait till the end of the summer when they start bringing out winter clothes. Also because My sister is due with my niece in the next few weeks so we're seeing about her right now, but after I'll start getting my stuff ready. I don't know who is more excited to go shopping my hubby or my in laws... We also won't find out the gender till my July 26th appt. Can't wait till then.. 2 more weeks..

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
July 11th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Does paint for the walls count?

We don't need much. Car seat, new pack and play, and a breast pump. We have everything else.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 11th, 2013, 05:55 AM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
I bought LO some onesies and rompers that were gender neutral but still adorable at a thrift shop yesterday. I got them for .29-.99 cents and we're talking stuff that looks great, no stains no tears from The Childrens Place, Baby Gap and Carter's. I was super excited. Got a couple of cute bibs too. I've bought a bunch of diapers, we have a few pacies and teething toys, a changing table, and a crib/crib mattress coming our way soon.
I just registered on Babies R Us for the pack n play, carseat, and bouncy/vibrating seat I want. We're gonna get a rocker and an ottoman, a baby carrier, a breastpump and a boppy and other than that the rest is prob gonna be little things.
redbirds likes this.

July 11th, 2013, 06:29 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I need to find some cute gender neutral newborn onesies and a coming home outfit. I'm guessing I'll buy 2 coming home outfits and return the one I don't need, so I won't buy that until the last minute. I'll probably buy a set of neutral receiving blankets to use in public in case it's a boy, although even if this is a boy, he'll be using the girls' old pink, flowery blankets at home. We won't need to buy any big gear for lil squishy until he/she needs a convertible seat. We have a swing, bouncer, jumparoo and all that already.

July 11th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodimarie View Post
How long does it take for a car seat to expire? Do you know? I always thought it was a couple years at least lol
5-6 years usually depending on the seat maker. I just try to wait because if I bought one right now for example and it sits for the next 6 months that is 6 months sooner I have to buy a new one! I check the manufacture date on the box when I go to buy them as well just to make sure they haven't been sitting on the shelf forever either. Now if I find one for 100 or more off the price I might be tempted to go ahead and get it!

July 11th, 2013, 07:15 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I heard through the grapevine that insurance is supposed to cover a new breastpump, and mine's on the fritz, so I may get one
ChicaChels likes this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 11th, 2013, 09:27 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought a stuffed toy dinosaur today that's about it

we just need to get a new carseat for Hunter and winter boy clotehs, but otherwise we should be set. which is fine, i dont have the urge to shop this time for baby

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
July 11th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
I heard through the grapevine that insurance is supposed to cover a new breastpump, and mine's on the fritz, so I may get one
Some do. But its not specified what kind so some are only covering a manual pump. Any plan that is "grandfathered" won't cover it either.

I have a grandfathered plan so its 280 dollars out of my pocket.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 11th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What does "grandfathered mean?" Sorry if I sound dumb, but I just don't know. I thought mine is supposed to cover one too, but if its Manual not sure I want it. Maybe I should give them a call.
July 11th, 2013, 03:07 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetiePeas View Post
What does "grandfathered mean?" Sorry if I sound dumb, but I just don't know. I thought mine is supposed to cover one too, but if its Manual not sure I want it. Maybe I should give them a call.
Grandfathered means that it's excluded from the new requirements because the insurance policy was set long before the requirements were changed. Your best bet is probably to call them to find out.
SweetiePeas likes this.

July 11th, 2013, 05:44 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I found a super cute reindeer onesie that I had to grab.. i just hope the baby will fit it, because itd be adorable for christmas.

I recieved a stroller, and found a cute bouncey chair.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search