when will you go in?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2013, 11:03 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Currently my sister is contracting every five minutes. This has been going on since around 9:50am...so just over four hours. This is her first. She is on heavy antibiotics for an infection she can't get rid of (UTI). She is refusing to leave work or call her doctor because they don't hurt. She is making my head hurt. She is in total denial.

Her shower us tomorrow.

So, how long will you wait to go in?

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 12th, 2013, 11:23 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
My original plan was to go in once they were 5 minutes apart. I had plans with my husband to go to the parking lot and walk until I begged to be taken in. I had no desire to be there longer than necessary since my hospital has strict rules about being hooked up to a million wires the minute you're admitted and no food and drink policy.

July 12th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
When I was in PTL, I woke up around 2am with contractions that felt different -- every 3-5 minutes lasting 45+ seconds and I went in at 7am. By 10am, i was 2cms and they diagnosed PTL and started drugs.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 12th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I've never gone into labor on my own, but I've had several weeks of prodromal labor before being induced the last two times. I'm not sure I'd know I was really in labor! lol

When will I go in? When they tell me to.

July 12th, 2013, 01:01 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've only had one pregnancy where I had to decide when to go in. I waited until contractions were about 5-7 mins apart and with regularity. I lived almost an hour away from the hospital so by with regularity I don't mean ongoing for very long. They wanted to send me home but I just walked the halls until I was dialated to their satisfaction.

This time I may wait a bit longer but not too long. I like it much better when I'm told when to go in.

July 12th, 2013, 03:04 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I live about 10-20 minutes from the hospital (10 in the middle of the night, 20 in the middle of the day...come to think of it, it is near the mall around Christmas....CRAP!!!) so I kind of have flexibility in waiting.

Last time, my water broke hugely, Hollywood style, so I went in then. I honestly hope that happens again. It made knowing when to go in easy.

July 12th, 2013, 04:24 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will not go in just based on time. I go in when my contractions start to really stop me in my tracks, and have been doing so for a while. Somewhere between then and the time where I can't talk between contractions is ideal. Cause after that point, my 30 minute ride to the hospital would be unbearable lol.

But anyway, since this is her first, 5 minutes apart may very well be still early early labor. I say she's doing fine, just trusting her body and her instincts

I'm totally a last minute, don't go in until you're in real pain kind of girl. I was in labor about 12 hours before I went to the birth center, was fully dilated 3 hours later lol.

July 12th, 2013, 04:32 PM
See my problem with her waiting is based on my contractions not really hurting but I ended up being well on my way into labor.

Either way she still hasn't gone in and now they are spacing out to 8 minutes.

She just didnt want to miss her baby shower tomorrow. She is being difficult and stuborn.
feythful likes this.

July 12th, 2013, 05:27 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Welll..... I don't get much notice. Like with the last one, I started to feel contractions. 6 min. apart for like 20 min. Then suddenly 3 min. apart for like 15 min. and then 1 min to 30 sec. apart until delivery (about 30 min later). Never get BH or any other warnings, so I leave the MINUTE I feel even a twinge of a contraction We almost had her in the car. Ran 5 red lights and had her 7 min. after we got the to hospital parking lot. I could have had her earlier, but I held her in there!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 12th, 2013, 05:53 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
It sounds cliche....but you know when it's time. I had 5 min apart weeks before I went into real labor. When it was real labor, I knew I had to act, and fast. With baby #2 I had her like 20-30 minutes after I got to the hospital.

She knows her body. Don't stress her out by telling her she needs to go in. Worst thing you can do is go in too early....
CherryLimeade likes this.

July 12th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first I was induced 10 days past my Due date. The second time I started having contractions 5 minutes apart and went in then. Then they slowed down, but didn't send me home because I was so far past my due date. Hopefully my body will do its thing , like its supposed to!
July 12th, 2013, 07:28 PM
I am not trying to stress her put but she is in serious denial. She isn't that far from the hospital but she wouldn't know what to do of she had that baby at home.

Honestly I was just ticked because she called me worried, got me all worried, wanted to know what I thought she would do and then called me a bully when she didn't want to go in. She didn't want to miss work time. She didn't want her husband to miss work. However, she is on her third round of antibiotics for an infection she can't get rid of. She needed to at least call her doctor and she didn't.
feythful likes this.

July 13th, 2013, 12:34 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know my midwife has some guidelines of when to call, but I need to keep open communication with her from the get-go, as she might be attending other births. I could seriously walk from one end of the city to the other and still not be don't laboring though~last time she attended like, two or three births while I was laboring! And then we still had time to go and labor some more in the hospital! LOL! Still up in the air about home or hospital.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
July 13th, 2013, 04:39 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always heard you should go in once your contractions are bad enough that you can't talk through them. Last time I made the mistake of relaxing until I called the hospital. Then I walked to the barn and let a horse out of its pen before leaving. This jumpstarted my labor into high gear. The car ride was unbareable.
July 13th, 2013, 05:33 AM
I have heard that too but my contractions never got that bad. I had my water break and was a six and they werent bad still. Then with my son they werent bad and again was a six...then they started pit and they got bad. I dont think they would have gotten to the cant function through them until it was too late. Can I really be the onky one like that? Lol

July 13th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Can i say how much I hate prodromal labor?? I had it for TEN days, every night from 10pm till 8am. I hardly slept for 10 days! It was horrible.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 13th, 2013, 07:37 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
probably when im pushing again...but this time im going to call ahead and tell them to feel the dang tub, since we didn't have time to get it full with Hunter...he was born about 10 minutes after i got to L&D and the tub only had about 3" of water in it...i was so mad

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
July 13th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Super Mommy
My first 4 were induced. My last one my water broke and i called my Dr and he told me to come in right away. I would have waited a bit, as it was pretty stressful on my kiddos, but I hadn't gotten my GBS tests back yet and it was a Sunday so my Dr. didn't have them with him either. This time if my water breaks I will probably go in fairly quick since we moved back to WA and I'm 45 mins from the hospital now. Should be interesting since my mom who will be with the kids lives 45 minutes further from the hospital...we may end up just taking them all and doing a car switch in the parking lot!

Mommy to five wonderfully crazy kids
DD10, DS8, DS7, DS5 and DD 18m
Expecting Baby #6 EDD 12/3/13
July 14th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My doctor recommends I go in when the contractions are every 5 minutes for an hour or if your water breaks. We live about an hour away from the hospital without snow or traffic. When labor starts we plan to go get a hotel room close to the hospital so I can try to relax before we get admitted.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 14th, 2013, 11:59 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss-Melissa-Sue View Post
My doctor recommends I go in when the contractions are every 5 minutes for an hour .

I would have been at the hospital for 2 and a half days before he was born if i would have done that with my first!
CherryLimeade likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search